Loki season 2

Marvel has revealed, through the Funko POP release, that Loki's title is now officially 'GOD LOKI'.

View attachment 1761413
I read somewhere that they've updated his official MCU title from 'God of Mischief' to 'God of Stories' to reflect his new 'position'. Wonderful and satisfying as the ending to the series (and Loki's character arc) was, that does leave the possibility of the character returning at some point as an agent of change either indirectly or directly to almost any aspect of the MCU, should Tom Hiddleston be willing and the future direction of the films/TV shows allow.

I read somewhere that they've updated his official MCU title from 'God of Mischief' to 'God of Stories' to reflect his new 'position'. Wonderful and satisfying as the ending to the series (and Loki's character arc) was, that does leave the possibility of the character returning at some point as an agent of change either indirectly or directly to almost any aspect of the MCU, should Tom Hiddleston be willing and the future direction of the films/TV shows allow.
Do a search for 'Avenger Prime'

;-)

I wonder if the producers have changed their minds about the fact that he is still considered dead in the original timeline and that this story was supposed to take place between the end of Avengers and when he is killed by Thanos.

I wonder if the producers have changed their minds about the fact that he is still considered dead in the original timeline and that this story was supposed to take place between the end of Avengers and when he is killed by Thanos.
This is a completely different Loki. This one never experienced the events of Dark World or Ragnarok. He's aware of those events & that's part of what's led him down this path, realizing his end based on that limits Loki's actions.

I tend to fixate on the nature of time,
at times. ;) It’s all we have really. Trapped in linear flow of it. Or so we perceive. Seems we can speed that up or slow it down huh? Something fun is over so fast, something painful takes forever. LOL.

So this show pushed my buttons there besides being very good.

I want me a nice glowy illuminated Miss Minutes functional clock.

Loki Season 2 Finale Fixes (Almost) Everything I Disliked About the MCU Multiverse

- I cannot help but think of time as either a straight line or a loop. So, Marvel's depiction of time travel has been hard for me, to say the least. I always wrestled with two major paradoxes. First, if young Thanos travels to the future and is defeated by the Avengers in Endgame; he ceases to exist in the past, hence everything leading up to Endgame could not have happened. Second, if Loki teleports away from the Stark Tower lobby he could never have been arrested and brought back to Asgard. So, everything he did, and everything Thor did as a reaction, could never have happened. Hence, Endgame could not have happened as it did. So, my understanding is Loki having amassed enough knowledge of how time works was able to destroy and, more importantly, replace the time loom. He is now something akin to Atlas holding up the Earth, only he's doing it with time and the multiverse. We saw him bring dying timelines to life. So, I am taking it that Endgame is, in fact, a paradox. But it is being manually juiced into existence by Time God Loki.

- Time is slippery, but technically speaking, Loki became a time god in 2012. Before that there was only the one timeline allowed to exist. Fast forward to Infinity War. Dr. Strange would not have been able to visit 14 million plus timelines as none of them would have existed. Time God Loki is the reason they all exist.

- The Time Stone is...wait for it...green. In the comics it was orange. They changed it inexplicably for the films. I do not believe for a second this was all planned out. But, Kevin Feige very well may be from the future.

- An argument could be made that Loki taking the throne effectively defeats Kang. We don't know the full function Loki is serving, but if he's also a protector of the multiverse he could prevent all of the Kang variants from starting a multiversal war. We don't know what Marvel is planning on doing with the Kang character, due to Johnathan Majors's legal troubles. But this gives them the option to pivot away from Kang. The reading of the tea leaves is that they will move toward Dr. Doom being the next Thanos. Though they would have to clean up the residual mess they made from announcing The Kang Dynasty before the audience even had a chance to meet the character.

- The one thing this does not explain is how variants of Loki are different genders, ages, races, even species. Nothing explains that.

It's not really an explanation, but from what I understand about the MCU variants, each one CAN be completely different as long s they're not a Nexus being. As far as I know, the only Nexus being we know about is Wanda. She's going to be the same in every universe.

Again, not really an explanation, but at least a rule they seem to follow.

It's not really an explanation, but from what I understand about the MCU variants, each one CAN be completely different as long s they're not a Nexus being. As far as I know, the only Nexus being we know about is Wanda. She's going to be the same in every universe.

Again, not really an explanation, but at least a rule they seem to follow.
Can you explain more about what an MCU Nexus being is?

Can you explain more about what an MCU Nexus being is?
I'm not an expert, & there's a bit of difference between the comics versions & the MCU versions, but in the MCU all variants of a Nexus being will look the same. I misspoke before when I said Wanda was the only one we've seen. Kang is also a Nexus being in the MCU.

As for what a Nexus being is, here's one definition I found online that's more detailed than everything I can remember...

"Nexus Beings are some of the most powerful and unpredictable figures in the Marvel Universe. They're beings who possess the ability to affect the surrounding universe -- and in the process, the future itself. That, naturally, makes them key figures in the progression of the time stream. There is supposedly only one true Nexus Being within each reality in the multiverse. With their varied abilities and techniques, Nexus Beings can cause entire shifts in the universe, and could even use their powers to cause massive shifts in the multiverse itself."

With Wanda having the ability to change reality, & Kang being able to manipulate time itself, you can see how they'd qualify.

Last thing, the offspring of a Nexus being are supposed to be even more powerful, although they aren't Nexus beings themselves.

Marvel has released an official series poster...

Screenshot_20231115-165539.png

I know it's been out for a bit... but why are everyone spoiling this show for people who haven't seen it, on Youtube and now in marketing from Disney?

At least here we all know these are spoiler threads, so can avoid them if we want.

I know it's been out for a bit... but why are everyone spoiling this show for people who haven't seen it, on Youtube and now in marketing from Disney?

At least here we all know these are spoiler threads, so can avoid them if we want.
The new national media/social media rule seems to be 24 hours for Spoilers now. I haven't seen 'The Marvels' yet but within 1 day of the premier I already had the post-credit scenes spoiled without actually looking for or reading articles or watching videos because YouTube/Instagram and online media/news sites want to talk about it and it's in their thumbnails and headlines. Spoilers past 24 hours of a premier are unavoidable unless you go on a full online boycott.

The new national media/social media rule seems to be 24 hours for Spoilers now. I haven't seen 'The Marvels' yet but within 1 day of the premier I already had the post-credit scenes spoiled without actually looking for or reading articles or watching videos because YouTube/Instagram and online media/news sites want to talk about it and it's in their thumbnails and headlines. Spoilers past 24 hours of a premier are unavoidable unless you go on a full online boycott.
****, on Friday afternoon, I was seeing people posting the post-credits scene on Youtube. :(

****, on Friday afternoon, I was seeing people posting the post-credits scene on Youtube. :(
It's sad that this is the situation we as fans have to deal with, people just want to spoil things for others in the hopes of getting likes on social media.
I remember watching The Eternals during the height of the pandemic and there was a guy sat there coughing through the entire film and then had the cheek to film the end credits on his phone ready to post the teaser scene to social media.
Selfishness is on the rise.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back