Who currently makes the best replica representation of ANH Vader and Obiwan Sabers?

wannab

Sr Member
I am by no means an expert on sabers, so I am seeking suggestions from you hilt experts!

Looking for the closest to the real deal I can find. Static props only -- no lights, blades, crystals etc. Properly weathered would be a bonus though.

Just like eethan said, Roman Props has the best replica parts for both. On his website one would be called the "MK 1" named after the grenade, that's his amazing ANH Obi-Wan saber. The other is Romans "MPP" which is a flashgun replica, which was used to create Darth Vader's hilt in ANH. Hope this helps :)

Thanks everyone! (y)

Looks like I have to wait on the Obiwan version 'till it's restocked but I'll pick up the Vader.

Question for the group: I'm going back and forth as to if I want a screen-accurate ANH Obi or one without the logos (i.e., Graflex, h/c, etc.) on the various parts. Given that Roman's parts all have the logos, are there other options, sans logos, anyone would recommend for a metal, static ANH Obi?

If you buy the pieces separately you can get a non-stamped clamp from Roman's. RbReplicas sells a metal pommel that is good for a static (chronicles style) build. Not sure where you can get a non-stamped wind vane ring if Roman's are now stamped.
Maybe best option would be to look for a good deal on an used Roman's from the earlier runs (without the letters on the wind vane) and then change the clamp/pommel

Question for the group: I'm going back and forth as to if I want a screen-accurate ANH Obi or one without the logos (i.e., Graflex, h/c, etc.) on the various parts. Given that Roman's parts all have the logos, are there other options, sans logos, anyone would recommend for a metal, static ANH Obi?

Russrep (RB Replicas) did have unstamped grenades. My replica is mostly RB parts and I bought them way back when before Roman got back into making replicas. Mine doesn't have stamping on the windvane (a detail I can live without), maybe you could ask and see if he still has any left.

Thank you v312 and PoopaPapaPalps! I appreciate your replies! Am I correct in thinking the correct lingo for a static, "non-logo" version of the saber is "chronicles style" - I'm new to the saber world, so wanting to make sure I use the term correctly. Have a great week!

Chronicles style is essentially trying to match the few pictures of the saber published in the "Star Wars Chronicles" book, like this one:
1628076919872.png

I was referring to the pommel cubes on the RbReplicas replica - they are with the short side towards the body of the saber like on this picture.
But since it is a single metal piece you cannot flip them the other way if you want to match the look of other existing pictures or frame grabs from the movie where the saber configuration differs a little.

Older RB replicas pommels were multiple pieces (I think, three) and you could flip the cubes around then. They were built pretty close to the real plastic ones as far as construction goes, if I recall. The only difference was that they were in polished chromed steel and were a bit more hollowed out than the real sink knobs, as the booster tended to sit further in than real vintage sink knobs.

The one I have had a loose cube section that I've since locked in place.

v312 - Thanks again! I have taken your advice and have an older Romans on the way! Do you know if the RbReplicas pommel will fit on the Roman?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back