Vader Costumers!

Okay, its been officially confirmed, the very first DV on tour was the original costume. SO all of you guys who met Vader at a TRU probably had the chance to see and touch the real deal.
Great article .

Michael

SWEET. I have pix of that suit. It looked pretty real to me and even back then I was a stickler for a good costume. Now to dig up them pix and scan them.

Awe c'mon, can't I just post the pics minus the hyperspace logo ? :lol

Seriously tho, I had never seen him without the mask before. He looked
like a "Baby Huey" type back then :lol By that I only mean ... a huge guy,
with a serious "Baby" face ... ya know, the innocence? But probably dangerous
if ya ticked him off :lol

FP

Dammit... I paid for that damn hyperspace for months and didn't use it. Now that there's something I actually want to read my account is expired. Can anyone help?

-Jason M

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Victorious-Jay @ Apr 22 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]1231000[/snapback]</div>
Dammit... I paid for that damn hyperspace for months and didn't use it. Now that there's something I actually want to read my account is expired. Can anyone help?

-Jason M
[/b]

Same here

I have hyperspace...its a GREAT article and the best thing they have put up in a long time...pm me...curt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Frett @ Apr 22 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]1231056[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Victorious-Jay @ Apr 22 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]1231000[/snapback]

-Jason M
[/b]

Same here
[/b][/quote]

It's an awesome interview with several new photos from the photo shoot taken outside Don Post Studios.
If anyone knows how to get hold of some larger versions of the photos featured in the article, I'd be very grateful to hear from you.

Kermit Eller must know more about the screen used ANH Vader suit than any other person involved in the production of ANH. Very cool.

Chris

Unbelievable article and photos although most of the photos I've seen before....

It does beg the question...were "tour suits" only used for promotional purposes? It seems there was a whirlwind tour with Kermit with the release of SW....that was probably Kermit at the airport with that rock group I suppose as well...

The TRU images taken of Kermit that we've seen before...if that's him...show unpainted armor...strange...

But you can see in the color images the armor's painted but in B&W it doesn't look painted...strange as well if lighting can do that much?

Great to see this come out....I wonder what prompted it...

I don't think that's Kermit in those Toys R Us appearance photos. That person is a lot shorter (you can tell because the belt, chestbox and chest armor are overlapping very badly).
It's not the real leather suit in that TRU pic either. Weird. Maybe this is one of the other suits that was mentioned in the article?

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulcarson @ Apr 24 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1232345[/snapback]</div>
Damn. my membership expired too. I let it go as there wasn't anything worth seeing. :( I don't suppose anyone would ...
[/b]

If you see at the pic, of Kermit in the suit, the one where He points, in color. You can CLEARLY see that they are dark Gray/smoked. no doubt about it. When wee see the "redish" tinted lenses, in the movie, is it due to the skin around the eyes, reflecting the stagelighting.

Dan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Phaeton @ Apr 26 2006, 08:03 PM) [snapback]1233555[/snapback]</div>
When wee see the "redish" tinted lenses, in the movie, is it due to the skin around the eyes, reflecting the stagelighting.[/b]
Or created in post production. :)

You know, that was always my thoughts on that. I think the fact that Dave was sweating buckets :cry had a lot to do with the colour of his face behind the mask.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back