Jedi lightsaber from BOBF and Mando Season 3

guabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
One of the lightsabers I recently liked was the second saber that Kelleran Beq pics up from a fallen Jedi that was protecting Grogu. So i decided to make it and doing research i found that it is the same saber as seen on the Grogu flashback from BOBF chapter 6; well kind of.

Original.jpg

In the BOBF the saber is green and ton Mando S3 the saber is blue, however to me it looks like it's the same Hilt just reused. It is obviously not the same Jedi cause they both die in different ways and areas; but it is certainly the same hilt.
BOBFYP01.jpg

The great thing about this is that You have a very clear top side look at the saber in Mando S3 and a rolling saber to see all the sides of it in the BOBF. There is a blue hue probably from the other lightsaber or blasts that make the dark red buttom seem dark blue or black but you can clearly see that its red like in Mando S3.
BOBFYP04.jpg

BOBFYP03.jpg

BOBFYP02.jpg

I like the simple nature of this saber and it blends well with other prequel era sabers like Aayla Secura's etc.
So I made the 3d model of this hilt and in the next post I will share them.

Last edited:
Here are some renders of it.
YPR2_01.jpgYPR2_03.jpgYPR2_04.jpgYPR2_05.jpgYPR2_06.jpgYPR2_07.jpgYPR2_09.jpgYPR2_10.jpg

I also made a crystal reveal, you just need to flip the inner grip section.
YPR2_02.jpgYPR2_08.jpgYP final 10.jpg

And sizewise here is how it compares to Obiwan's E3 and Arena sabers.
Yp11.jpg

I am in the process of manufacturing a prototype ahd will share some pics when its done in about a week or two. Thanks for watching.

The part on the upper backside looks like a sliding switch from an old flashlight.
I made it a sliding block cause it looked like it. However it currently is not switching anything. But it has provisions in case i want to use it in the future.
YPR2_11.jpg

Last edited:
Did you use the Covertec wheel as reference for sizing?
I did in part. I mostly use other sabers i've modeled that i have accurate measurements of. In this case I used the Arena saber since It shares similarities on the main body. I took in to consideration Ahmed's height and overall complexion, In slightly shorter than he is and have size Med-large hands. And also the two female Jedi's that drop it. I also consider the actual light beam comming of the hilt, in my mind they are normally between 7/8" and 1" beams, cause thats the blades we use.

Ever since I designed Phenix Prop's "The Light" I err on the side of thin and small. I hope its close to the real size but I just dont have anything else to base it of.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back