Interest Steel Cylinders and Barrels for DaveChaos & AndersEFP Blade Runner Blaster!

APOLLO IND

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Steel Cylinders and Barrels for DaveChaos & AndersEFP Blade Runner Blaster!

Hey everyone! Some of you may have seen my other new thread BLADERUNNER Tomenosuke Direct replacement Steel Cylinders and Barrels. While I still plan on going ahead with that run should we hit the 20 minimum order, I have another offering as well :)

These will be CNC-machined steel Cylinders and Barrels for the new blaster offering from DaveChaos.

**photos will be inserted here**

I have spoken with DaveChaos, AndersEFP and my machinist. All have given me their blessing to start the interest list for these parts! These will be Steel Cylinders and Barrels based on a 3d printed copy of Anders Blaster model parts. (We've all seen it, IT'S AWESOME :)) While they are not directly assuming responsibility for this run, a huge thank you goes out to them for the blessing of taking on this project!

I will soon post, model images, shop photos, as well as the sample runoff. I wanted to gauge interest on how many people would be interested in one or both of these? I will certainly be doing both on my blaster when it comes! Looks like an absolutely beautiful kit, and I'm stoked! :) Again, I am looking for a minimum run of 20 Cylinders and barrels. This run can only happen if we hit the minimum order. I am currently awaiting the 3d printed model from Dave :) PLEASE ONLY SIGN UP IF YOU ARE ABLE TO PURCHASE UPON CONTACT.

Cylinders will be offered in Steel, and Black Oxide Blued Finish Steel.

OFFICIAL PRICING:

STEEL CYLINDER: $145
BLUED STEEL CYLINDER: $155

STEEL BARREL: $85
BLUED STEEL BARREL: $95

+Postage (will be calculated according to location to prevent overcharging)

If you are interested,
please comment what finish and how many you'd like :)

A side note mentioned to me, Steel Cylinders are not permitted in the UK. The Barrels will be half-bored, and the cylinders will not be readily convertible to a real firearm, and will simply be sized perfectly for your DaveChaos blaster based on AndersEFP's design. If you decide to order one, please make sure you understand your local laws and that this run, should you add your name to have one shipped, will be at your own risk. The cylinder, combined with a half-bored barrel, cannot readily be converted into a firearm. According to GOV.UK, "An import license is not required to import replica firearms into the UK as long as they are not readily convertible to fire live ammunition. A firearm is considered to be “Readily convertible” if it can be converted without any special skill or using articles in general use."
Thank you, everyone, keep building! :)

INTEREST LIST:

1.) MandoJedi x2 Cylinder+Barrel BLUED
2.) ventuoguy x1 Cylinder+Barrel
3.) userd1402 x1 Cylinder
4.) JetSetWilly x1 Cylinder+Barrel
5.) Davidishida x1 Cylinder+Barrel BLUED
6.) dcast x1 Cylinder+Barrel
7.) Hirohawa x2 Barrel BLUED
8.) orntar x1 Cylinder
9.) Fragment x1 Cylinder BLUED
10.) imawilliamray x1 Cylinder BLUED
11.) Lovecrafty x1 Cylinder
13.) Hansolo227 x1 Cylinder+Barrel
14.) Darth Infamous x1 Cylinder
15.) kingohorror x1 Cylinder x1 Barrel
16.) anh1977 x1 Cylinder
17.)
18.)
19.)
20.)

Last edited:
Very IN-terested, however I am deep down on the wait list so unsure of details of which parts but jumping in if this happens for me!

Here's where I'm at with my metal TipTop/DaveChaos/Anders build. The resin cylinder has been painted but I would really like to replace it with a steel one so I'm in for the plain steel version;
2024-02-08 11.49.36.jpg

Last edited:
I've only recently dipped my toes into the blade runner blaster community so am not very knowledgeable yet, but started out by buying a Tomenosuke. Are these steel upgrade pieces expected to be compatible with the Tomenosuke?

I've only recently dipped my toes into the blade runner blaster community so am not very knowledgeable yet, but started out by buying a Tomenosuke. Are these steel upgrade pieces expected to be compatible with the Tomenosuke?
I have a thread specifically for the Tomenosuke steel parts. The Tomenosuke is AWESOME especially with the steel upgrades. I’m hoping to have enough for both separate runs actually, as this run is specific to the new offering from Dave Chaos. You will find the link to the Tomenosuke parts at the top of this post :)

I have a thread specifically for the Tomenosuke steel parts. The Tomenosuke is AWESOME especially with the steel upgrades. I’m hoping to have enough for both separate runs actually, as this run is specific to the new offering from Dave Chaos. You will find the link to the Tomenosuke parts at the top of this post :)

Thanks; I must have missed that somehow. That's what I get for browsing this forum while I'm still working haha

add me for one steel cylinder (non-blued) and one steel barrel (non-blued). Just got my kit from TipTop a few weeks back, so excited to get started on it. Glad to see you putting this together!

Great project. I’ll take 2 blued barrels. Are they going to be polished and hot blued?
That is a great question Hirohawa! I’m in talks with my machinist about this. Definitely will be polished, but it’s my understanding that hot bluing takes some pretty specific equipment and experience. I would love to offer this. I can guarantee cold blue for sure at the moment. But I am pursuing the hot bluing diligently as it produces a much more desirable coating. I’ll update when I have a definitive answer on whether or not I can offer this.

An update!
The quote I was originally given for this run is nearly double the initial quote...
HOWEVER, I would love to still do this project, mostly to fill a community need, but it's also nice to have a set for my own blaster ;) The pricing has increased slightly, and I have removed the stainless option with lack of initial interest, as well as it being so costly to produce, I couldn't possibly ask what I was quoted for those. I am still very much excited for this run to take off. I also need serious buyers only, please.

To answer Hirohawa's question,
I have asked all around locally and even a bit further, and it is not practical for me to offer these HOT blued as it really requires proper equipment, environment and experience. I am happy to cold blue it for an additional fee, or you are welcome to give it a try yourself :)

I will be getting samples together next month sometime, and I will give another update then. Hope you all have a great weekend!

UPDATE! I've analyzed the 3D models and we are all set with the machinist! He gave me a tour of his shop today and showed me some of the projects they have going, very clean and excellent place. They have great clean finishes on their machining work as well.

Prices will remain the same, and I saw the models (which he will be emailing me to show you all). A couple of things:

1.) I have to CONFIRM the run before a sample can be produced because of the drastic cost of producing a one-off item.
2.) I found a place that does a BEAUTIFUL black oxide finish, and I can have this applied to the barrels and cylinders. (Can show samples of this finish)
3.) I have decided, though I would like to fund the run in total, I don't feel like it's the best use of funding to do it this way. Given the price doubled on the initial quote this is not economical. What Would be useful is if we could do 50% down, to 100% secure a spot, and (he has told me) I will have a ready-to-ship product within 4 weeks of confirming all 20 spots and the start of the machining. (this doesn't include those who would want a black oxide or blued finish, as that will depend on when the coaters are finished. They do items in batches.)
4.) Upon confirmation of 20 and deposit of 50%, I can get the sample finished, and I will film some of the production process, as well as provide close up photos of finish. I will ensure the quality is the very best it can possibly be. I will post updates weekly until products ship out.

So how does this sound to all of you? Any questions or Ideas? One other question, anyone interested in a bead-blasted matte steel finish? This can also get black oxide for a matte black finish.

Hi Ariston, just send me a pm with payment info when you need my deposit money, I can send via PayPal...I'm still a go for this run.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back