Interest BLADERUNNER Tomenosuke Direct replacement Steel Cylinders and Barrels

UPDATE! I've analyzed the 3D models and we are all set with the machinist! He gave me a tour of his shop today and showed me some of the projects they have going, very clean and excellent place. They have great clean finishes on their machining work as well.

Prices will remain the same, and I saw the models (which he will be emailing me to show you all). A couple of things:

1.) I have to CONFIRM the run before a sample can be produced because of the drastic cost of producing a one-off item.
2.) I found a place that does a BEAUTIFUL black oxide finish, and I can have this applied to the barrels and cylinders. (Can show samples of this finish)
3.) I have decided, though I would like to fund the run in total, I don't feel like it's the best use of funding to do it this way. Given the price doubled on the initial quote this is not economical. What Would be useful is if we could do 50% down, to 100% secure a spot, and (he has told me) I will have a ready-to-ship product within 4 weeks of confirming all 20 spots and the start of the machining. (this doesn't include those who would want a black oxide or blued finish, as that will depend on when the coaters are finished. They do items in batches.)
4.) Upon confirmation of 20 and deposit of 50%, I can get the sample finished, and I will film some of the production process, as well as provide close up photos of finish. I will ensure the quality is the very best it can possibly be. I will post updates weekly until products ship out.

So how does this sound to all of you? Any questions or Ideas? One other question, anyone interested in a bead-blasted matte steel finish? This can also get black oxide for a matte black finish.

Sounds good to me, just send me a pm with payment info when you need my deposit money, I can send it to you via Paypal....I'm still a go for this run also. :0)

Last edited:
Quick question, will the black oxide increase the price and lead time compared to a blued finish? If it’ll be the same price I’d like to put down 50% for an oxide barrel when you’re ready.

Quick question, will the black oxide increase the price and lead time compared to a blued finish? If it’ll be the same price I’d like to put down 50% for an oxide barrel when you’re ready.
Great question. These will NOT result in a price increase for a black oxide coat. This will be the preferred finish for those of you wanting a blued or black coating. He showed me a piece from that place that coats them, and he’d been using it quite a bit over time, and it hadn’t worn much at all. I was quite impressed with it. I want to pay for this myself to keep the price consistent for everyone :) Basically we just need remaining spots filled and then I will begin taking deposits :) Again, great question!

Possibly interested in both pieces blued - how easy is it to replace the original? and do you have a picture of the different finishes?

Last edited:
Interested in a blued barrel and blued cylinder!
Thanks!
I recently spoke with the machinist! His lead times are lengthening aproaching summer due to some new big contracts for him. So keep in mind everyone who is interested, that the original timeframe discussed in the thread may not be pertinent at this point.

Now I have been contacted by Tedzz and he has told me he would essentially sell me remaining stock to fulfill your interests (those of you who are here). So at least you will get something and if the run doesn’t fill up, we won’t be able to do it for a fair price, so this may not be a bad option. I wanted to get your thoughts on this everyone.

Thanks!
I recently spoke with the machinist! His lead times are lengthening aproaching summer due to some new big contracts for him. So keep in mind everyone who is interested, that the original timeframe discussed in the thread may not be pertinent at this point.

Now I have been contacted by Tedzz and he has told me he would essentially sell me remaining stock to fulfill your interests (those of you who are here). So at least you will get something and if the run doesn’t fill up, we won’t be able to do it for a fair price, so this may not be a bad option. I wanted to get your thoughts on this everyone.

I’m in no rush.

Does anyone make a complete blaster in all steel? I would definitely like to buy a high quality, screen accurate all metal blaster.

Thanks!

I'm in!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back