Interest Blade Runner ID Card from Earl Hays Press

The X is off. I did a quick removal of the thumb and reflection but this is the I.D. in the film lined up to both badges. Not completely aligned/scaled but close enough. The middle 9 V are is where you can tell and the O in POLICE.

I.D. in film
badge.jpg

Cleaned up slightly and compared.

badge1.gif

Compared to badge we know

badge2.gif

And finally film badge vs other film badge, amberlith looks slightly more to the right on Deckard's
badge3.gif

screenshot slightly denoised and rotated with some small adjustments

denoised.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to cancel my order based on what others are receiving. A shame. They did say they have been slammed after the online exposure on Tested.com. Not sure if they have had time to take a breath and notice the issues brought up here? Anyone contacted Earl Hays directly about the issues?

Decided to cancel my order based on what others are receiving. A shame. They did say they have been slammed after the online exposure on Tested.com. Not sure if they have had time to take a breath and notice the issues brought up here? Anyone contacted Earl Hays directly about the issues?
The issues were brought up 2 months ago. From the moment we proved them wrong on the amberlith, they never replied anymore. Again, sad sad run and very poor customer service from the start. That is not how you treat customers that paid 200$ and 57$ shippings costs. I also did send a mail when they opened the website to ask about having a full badge with plastic around and if there was any alternative to the 57$ international shipping costs, I never received an answer and, with the pressure of thinking the run was limited and that it was such an exeptional chance to get something this close to the screen used item, I ordered anyways.
The badge has been sitting amongst a pile of papers and other crap on my desk since I received it and I will probably be too sad to ever display it. such a shame!

I believe they truly thought they were making 100% accurate replicas. They didn't understand amberlith because no one still uses it. The original badges were probably laminated with a badge making machine which they probably no longer have. So, they substituted by using their large laminating press and feeding through multiple badges on the larger material. Then, possibly because they weren't too familiar with the lam and trim on the screen-used badges (assumption on my part), they hand cut them right to the edge then rounded the corners.

All this leads to the result we've seen. By the time RPF members started receiving badges and problems were noted, how many badges were already produced using the very limited supply of amberlith? Add in Earl Hays' initial belief that the complaints were incorrect. When evidence mounted, how many badges were completed?

They should have stopped everything and regrouped. But they made the decision to keep moving forward, which was a mistake IMHO.

I'm torn.
on the one hand, I agree with everything said above, and I do wish they would've listened to feedback from eethan and those who have been obsessing over these badges for years to learn from their mistakes and experience BEFORE starting production.
BUT, I am still insanely happy that I got one. Even with its flawed amberlith-with-backing, it's still made with the same blocks on the same press in the same building and using a lot of the same equipment and materials as the originals and that's still really cool and extremely rare.
I don't want them to think any of that is going unnoticed. It's likely the closest we'll ever get to a production made badge and I'm lucky to have one.

I'm in the same boat as the above two replies. I think it's great that the company did this for us, and I rather like the end result, but I also recognise that it's just not the "final and only" card needed to get 100% accuracy, and it really should/could have been....The amberlith slip is a fairly easy one to make, but I'd appreciate at least acknowledgement of that, if nothing else....That would be fair. Ideally, I'd like a re-do, with the mistakes corrected, but I suspect that ship has sailed...So all I'd like is a recognition that more than a lot of what was said here, was accurate and correct, and that the company slipped up....

I'm old, I know, but people don't seem to apologise any more. They ignore or blame someone else or say "no, this is reality" while showing us all something that's a million miles from what we KNOW to be real or factual....And I'd appreciate a little of the old-fashioned mindset on this...Saying sorry isn't too much to ask for.

I saw they sold out the other day, but I just checked their site for something else and saw that the badges are now back in stock...

I missed the 40 off because I took too long to decide and then I ordered it the other day before finding this thread and saw it sold out a day or two after.
Now I'm very curious to see what I end up getting... And now wondering how many they are making in total.

I just received mine today. The amberlith feels thin and flat on the badge... But I never saw the first version up close. I see that the lamination has some room around the amberlith. But

Attachments

• 2023-12-16 13.00.20.jpg
    2023-12-16 13.00.20.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 2023-12-16 13.00.09.jpg
    2023-12-16 13.00.09.jpg
    927.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 2023-12-16 12.50.38.jpg
    2023-12-16 12.50.38.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 2023-12-16 12.49.39.jpg
    2023-12-16 12.49.39.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 119
  • 2023-12-16 12.49.30.jpg
    2023-12-16 12.49.30.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 125
  • 2023-12-16 12.49.19.jpg
    2023-12-16 12.49.19.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • 2023-12-16 12.49.14.jpg
    2023-12-16 12.49.14.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 144
I just received mine today. The amberlith feels thin and flat on the badge... But I never saw the first version up close. I see that the lamination has some room around the amberlith. But
I don't know, I guess your lighting setup is probably different from other photos we've seen, but the space/humidity all around the amberlith is still very visible, so I would assume this is still done with the backing on.
here is one of my badges, see how there is absolutely nothing visible around the amberlith. Just a tiny tiny step:
IMG_20230307_165727.jpg

yeah there is definintely a gap and step down between the amberlith and card and the lamination couldn't fill that in... This was just with soft even window light.

Probably didn't take the backing off this amberlith either then

I don't know, I guess your lighting setup is probably different from other photos we've seen, but the space/humidity all around the amberlith is still very visible, so I would assume this is still done with the backing on.
here is one of my badges, see how there is absolutely nothing visible around the amberlith. Just a tiny tiny step:
View attachment 1770603
Can you do another run of Deckard IDs? I'm sure there are others besides me that would love to get one.

Can you do another run of Deckard IDs? I'm sure there are others besides me that would love to get one.
I was not planning to do another run because those are so annoying to make and don't sell that often either. But I'll think about it. I am replying here because you asked but I will now try really hard to stop commenting on that thread like I did before for 2 months, it's just really depressing and I really don't enjoy being negative about something I bought or others bought.
I hope some people here are able to enjoy their badges, it was a great opportunity anyways.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back