SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion - COMPLETED!!!

Re: SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion

This is getting pretty exciting to see this near completion !
Love the use of the match stick heads and your other problem solving ideas. :thumbsup

I too melted a few of my fiber optics with hot glue. I tried Clear Gel Tacky Glue but didn't like it at all. I went back to the hot glue and fortunately I had 2 temperature settings. I lowered the temp and delayed the actual application of the glue as it came out of the nozzle so it would air cool just a little. So one drop at a time I applied it to the back of the fiber optic penetration and it worked fine with a strong bond and no melting. I'm sure others may have a better solution.

Anyway, your MF is looking fantastic! The weathering doesn't look too heavy in the pictures, the lighting looks realistic, and the base 3D model looks great too.

what happened with a few is that the glue seems to have melted the fibers and they weakened and then they quickly broke off.

Presumably it was superglue? (cyanoacrylate/ACC) It destroys plastic fibres.

Yes sorry thought I typed that. It's loctite plastic bonding system glue. Which is very similar to superglue.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

White elmers glue...duh! Occam's Razor...I shoulda thought of that.

Might want to try good old E6000. Best friend of armor assemblers. Dries clear, holds tight and easy to use. Does no damage to base plastics and can be removed and reapplied if need be. I would think it would work great for this as well.

Just wanted to post an update. I finished painting all of the panels on my Falcon a while ago and I have been meaning to update my panels reference sheet as I was painting it I realized some mistakes I made. I updated the link earlier in this thread to the dropbox folder.

Adding it here again for reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7i0ao3mbpn60vy0/AAAvWRNkyNFM2P7nJkVS96oya?dl=0

Hope this helps you all!!
8VuYOSxNeU47hZN0uT3sKDdJkseNuRV_4gq58=w840-h522-no.jpg

Last edited:

OK the time has finally come!!! My Falcon is complete!!! I cant believe I finally did it and I am super happy with the results!!! I did a photo-shoot before Christmas when I finished her and here are the results. Hope you all enjoyed following me on this thread! Next project is to finish my DeAgostini Falcon of which I only have 3 months of deliveries left on but I haven't even started working on it!!! That project will be a whole new pile of challenges to figure out!

Which one is from the Studio and which one is from my living room?
hi575PbEoPVifs3ivVRmnv3hAtEzdUPMP92H8=w840-h237-no.jpg

This is a series of pics of my Falcon.
68j2711uMYkJ2-X7tHbzu9PfyOCIaFTuOJ29I=w840-h409-no.jpg

wDbrT7h-QVjAvggjgXrejr9DpZc4eScC7wEQ0=w840-h503-no.jpg

J87qasLpsuYHNxdOP0jxuHzBMAB6HTIxLGjo0=w840-h314-no.jpg

7xeKxSYvUzb9suKvbN0NXLdrLoPog00fuisW8=w840-h304-no.jpg

DUytqUO3oixn9CAbesVh_n8YqYk3OH0vYshdY=w840-h481-no.jpg

k7qizB6dpUeVN7lR73ldK6Klqa4I2ZKumjUOA=w840-h393-no.jpg

aXjtRjK5ws46oho0YUK9J1BWkXDoJ-FRWNtmI=w840-h608-no.jpg

9X1S7rqbSlVdMAMuAjTyd21e0tL3vwN6UbHiI=w840-h528-no.jpg

yPYJiwH31gGqT9iYQ9jrkokacLBTAzGQzVKt4=w840-h472-no.jpg

MuL0J6NPEv0qV24tToPvpFUS5vRrVKH8QxshY=w840-h463-no.jpg

kVKf3GpSAj60-nLCtwBqG8mw-HCut21ST9bxM=w840-h338-no.jpg

Here she is with her lights on!!
iIf-7il8N1OAm-x8awa5nIWa3Nt3s-po2PvrI=w840-h397-no.jpg

qV6ocS4StxTRc3-aPcDFUxl1ptIZop_xEbryA=w841-h317-no.jpg

QXLtWRRodihZcZaNaxU1EhHLkDv3lIHSRjXQs=w840-h540-no.jpg

yFtRecUujZpRZUmY_rDarpBdI8OBuUhf_eZfE=w840-h326-no.jpg

kKzTSaXWgMDv0rf_UldqfWIrRm2VFOFNkNbSs=w840-h341-no.jpg

LIBIsVvbJKnkiA0AzD9R0lmJPixp8nHB03yu8=w840-h317-no.jpg

ErOknV2xwCtdAnoFnP-8JyLuiygNswDpUfUIA=w840-h420-no.jpg

a2Bbh9yeBSgYmSOpyrt6Ju3WOa6Zkcc_Hm7R0=w840-h850-no.jpg

WuzKcIrx8N3NkP_9BUZnFlC8J5iSKQb8ZJzQ0=w840-h908-no.jpg

oF5J4Jw6ODPuevelbh3xPj6fcDy11PS9vBeXo=w840-h529-no.jpg

I took a bit longer to finish this one because I made her a twin sister to give to my brother as his Christmas present this year! Here they are together!! Mine is on the right, my brothers is on the left.
CRmbuHuals2IZ6gpJY_JmJLX6cbWI71EUsr8E=w840-h547-no.jpg

hIDKlZqHbZd_JUrDlAVB9laAjdjLXrOUClqNg=w840-h433-no.jpg

9t4lnhy9lBy02s7I3suFaXk_Zpb2uoADiRmP0=w840-h432-no.jpg

NifieUbsmuEj1JVnbfhkG-yG4klGXLTfm_ci8=w840-h451-no.jpg

You can see that the base for the display is still just a wood board. I have plans to build a Death Star Tile base. I started on it but couldn't get it done in time for Christmas so that's on hold until next year. So I will still be making a few more updates to this thread.

Last edited:

Lovely work!!! the lights really do make it pop! it's amazing how the lights give it a level of "life" to the model...great going!!

I was the same way when I started...trial and error and a lot of reading and talking to others helped fix that for me.

Absolutely FANTASTIC !!! I give it a full 5 THUMB rating (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Definitely one of my favorite threads....sorry to see it go.

BTW, I totally missed your completion photos until just now. I would suggest changing your header to ****COMPLETED****

And when you figure that out, let me know because I have no clue :lol

Beautiful job sir

I'm not aware of a way to change the title of a thread in here. If someone else knows how to do it then please let us know!

I was actually thinking that most people musta missed my last post with my final photos because after I posted it I heard crickets...and usually there were a lot more comments after my posts. Not sure what happened there.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

My last update had 1 like and I thought it was one of my better posts, lol. I'm not on here trolling for acceptance, but come on man ! :cry Show some love !

The problem is, if someone doesn't subscribe to your thread, then they won't know there was an update until they come back to the front page and actually see your thread bumped up. And even then, it's tricky because if you see other usernames as the last post, you might assume no update, but just more comments.

I stopped subscribing to threads because of all the emails I was continuously receiving. So now I rely on my visits to the main page and scroll down. That way I can see the new posts and the ones (like yours) that I'm interested in following.

I don't know how to change the header either, I'll look into it.

This is great, man! A few of those shots look like real filming miniatures.
Excellent job! Three thumbs up!

Changing the title of your thread is easy to do.....go to 'edit' your first post, go to 'more reply options' and then change the title...simple.

If someone has subscribed it won't change any links of the subscription, just the title. When I finished my Hasbro X Wing 30" I just went back and changed the title to 'Finished'

Last edited:
Awesome work! The final shots look amazing. I really need to get started with mine or else it's just going to sit in the basement. Your entire build process will basically serve as my instructions. Heck I may even order some parts from you like the engine and landing lights. I'm really hung up on the cockpit interior. I would love to deck it out but it's expensive and I have a feeling this will end up mounted on a wall where all that detail will be lost.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back