SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion - COMPLETED!!!

Question for you all...I am looking for a good quality black primer. I usually use Tamiya surface primer and then put black over it but that feels unnecessary and I would like to cut costs there if I can. What do you use?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Well gang...Photobucket thoroughly sucks!!! This 3rd party sharing crap they are doing has completely hosed my thread! So glad I spent all of those hours managing the images and struggling with their site to get them all up here...not happy.

Anyway, I am going to update everything so that this thread is intact again. And I need your help. I have updated the first 2 images that I posted. The first one is using a direct link to my photo on google photos. This is ideal for me because I backup all of my photos there anyway and then I wouldn't have to have multiple copies. The sucky part is that creating links (to my current knowledge) is much more difficult with google.

The 2nd image is up on imgur. Easier to create links, but I have to upload everything and organize it all again to use them.

Could you all take a look on your different devices and let me know which one views better? I am trying to decide which method I should use before I take the time to do this. Wanna make sure I do it the best way I can so I hopefully don't ever have to do it again.

Regardless though. I am getting all of my photos off of Photobucket and then deleting my account and probably gonna send em some hate mail as well. I encourage everyone to do the same. Eff em as far as I am concerned. That is some messed up ****.

they both look good to me. i've used imgur for a while now. it's a learning curve. but once you get used to it you will wonder why you ever dealt with the bucket. lucky that you have everything backed up. alot of people were not so lucky. can't wait for you to get the thread back up. some how i missed it before. and i'm just about to start on one of these myself.

Question for you all...I am looking for a good quality black primer. I usually use Tamiya surface primer and then put black over it but that feels unnecessary and I would like to cut costs there if I can. What do you use?

Honestly the Tamiya primer is really nice....its VERY smooth and I don't think youll find a black primer that has the same smoothness...buy the Tamiya at hobby lobby a can at a time with the 40% off...best deal I can think of to save a few bucks

Yup! They look fine, though the first one is larger... perhaps on purpose? I'm using a regular laptop setup with Firefox.
Regards, Robert

GOOD NEWS!!! This entire thread has been updated so that the Photos are no longer dead!!! Photobucket can kiss my *****!!! And I recommend that anyone reading this immediately delete your photobucket account if you have one and let them know how terrible this is!

I know I am! Now this thread is 100% linked directly to my photos on Google Photos which won't be having these issues anytime soon. So this should be a permanent fix.

Re: SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion

Especially when you are a perfectionist like me. And honestly its no where near as good as I want it to be!! Fighting the paint bleeding into seams of the mask and tape is painful!

Maybe this have been said before, but if you first spray a layer of base coat over the masked panel and then the with the panel color, you won't have the bleeding.

Maybe this have been said before, but if you first spray a layer of base coat over the masked panel and then the with the panel color, you won't have the bleeding.
That's a great idea! Never thought about it but that would totally work! Thanks!

Not to hijack the thread but I'm on photobucket and wondered if anyone knows the best place to shift my photos to ?

Not to hijack the thread but I'm on photobucket and wondered if anyone knows the best place to shift my photos to ?
I keep all of my photos on Google Photos so that I have access to them everywhere. It took some testing to figure out how to post them directly from there. But now that they are direct links, I don't ever have to worry about them being lost. And also, as a result if I change an image in my google photos it automatically updates on my thread. Oh and I only have 1 copy of my images now. Before I had them on photos and Photobucket and had to manage them in both places... annoying.

You are most welcome! :)

This also works with a clear coat over the masking to seal the edges... just may need a light scoring with a new blade along the edges to prevent any chance of a peel-up...
Good tip all around, cheers!
Robert

Just wanted to bump this thread and let you all know I am still actively making and selling the parts from this build for your Hasbro Falcon needs! Just shoot me a pm if your interested.

Charles,
I followed this post as I was researching and building my Hasbro conversion. It was invaluable to me as a guide. I did a few things differently, but it was your build that inspired me. Here are some pictures of it as I finished up just before Christmas.

FF9D684B-BDA0-4072-80FF-2988100A31F6.jpeg
2F6AF0F2-B482-455E-8FC2-CF26E083B949.jpeg
2FE31E34-1922-47B2-A8E2-447D42740BB4.jpeg
5E2B5F35-2A5E-4129-8BA5-0F6FDA1E9DA1.jpeg
CEFA7966-5C61-463C-8792-0D3DE9DFEC5A.jpeg
66343C48-D32D-46DC-9999-C08E85C7EBDE.png
5D0DFCD0-FBC9-45B6-9A97-AF3354D7E02A.jpeg
5DF2CAD6-5CB8-4D75-81CB-71EB44ED4E34.jpeg
ACD5D5BD-A1C2-4125-BD0E-1A9313226363.jpeg
BBCF732D-34C7-409A-BD87-98F0AF53DCEB.jpeg
E156F40B-5E2E-48B1-B619-B1258474A65F.jpeg
7D0C4F3D-FF92-455F-8F4C-582107C1DE15.jpeg

Nice work!

This thread sure does contain some invaluable info on building it.

I've got the 308 Bits/Mike Salzo cast resin sidewall and cockpit cone

I'll have to keep this bookmarked for other parts possibly

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back