RS Hero Stormtrooper with Screen Lineage (first edition)

I had a question for those that have received their helmets. Mine is almost a matte or satin white. The new photos look like they are glossy. My ABS stunt (not in the first picture but in the following pictures) is way shinier than my hero. Did the first 25 end up with the bad batch of material that was mentioned in the video on YouTube versus the newer ones?

AF93F047-55D2-4440-896E-7F8094447C87.jpeg

B4350698-77AD-4BBB-80F8-C4361AB4108B.jpeg
83D55117-97BC-430B-BFDD-9D502B294D68.jpeg
CBDA338E-65F6-4107-9C32-31250620B6F9.jpeg
E9A143D5-AA77-48DC-A8D1-92B4F31DEBC3.jpeg

These pictures are from the RS FB page:

DC6D2124-680C-491B-BC88-E0B8E958CA67.jpeg
53D70BB2-840C-45D5-BE25-3B354CB80266.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a question for those that have received their helmets. Mine is almost a matte or satin white. The new photos look like they are glossy. My ABS stunt (not in the first picture but in the following pictures) is way shinier than my hero. Did the first 25 end up with the bad batch of material that was mentioned in the video on YouTube versus the newer ones?

Mine has the same satin luster as yours. Although I'd love to have it be more glossy there's no way I'm going to risk messing it up trying to apply my own gloss coat of any kind.

Dan

BTW- For anyone saying that there is a conspiracy against RS here at the RPF.... How dare you??

We love RS and we love their products! If not, why would we spend our hard earned money on all their helmets?? We are merely making obvious observations on this latest helmet, just like we would with any other prop related product that any other company would put out. And these observations are only based on facts. Its not like we are making stuff up. The helmets are narrower and it is not a camera distortion problem. The lens are more like a smoked grey with a hint of green. The ABS on the ones that have been received so far is more matte than glossy. And the inside of the faceplate clearly shows the tell of it being cast from a Tie pilot helmet and not necessarily a screen used Hero. All of those are facts that are clearly observable and not a "conspiracy".

In fact even with all that has been mentioned, never have I said that helmet is bad. I've actually defended RS the whole time by saying they used a clever play on words, and that the reality is that the Tie pilot faceplate was made from the hero molds. So technically everything they have said is true. Its a great helmet and it shows its lineage. I personally just preferred making a few modifications, that you can clearly see made a world of difference on my helmet, making it look a lot closer to what we see on screen.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back