RS Prop Masters Chris Bunn Sandtrooper Signature Edition

Uh, I don’t think there’s really any debate that the US is the biggest market for anything Star Wars. That would include these. Obviously there aren’t exact numbers to look at for this, but check out the US box office for any of the films, and compare it to the worldwide box office. Then try the same with any other single country. That’s all I was saying.

Of course there are plenty of other places where there are fans, but that’s not what I was talking about, at all.

I’m not upset about when the orders went live, to be clear. I didn’t want or need one. Just was saying that it’s not when I would have opened orders.
Obviously the US is the biggest market in regards to Star Wars in general but you were specifically implying that RS should consider what time they should launch their products, when really it doesn’t make much difference to them. What I mean is that they don’t have to just take the US market into consideration.

"We are looking to complete this run during the third quarter of 2022. The helmet is complete with a helmet stand and the all important signature plaque."

So it's not a complete run as of yet then?
I believe they only made 100 but will complete and ship the helmets by that time.

The video does appear to show they are going to chip the paint and even have obvious drips of paint. It should look pretty weathered and beat up.
12:51 of the video looks like using a q tip to add grey paint over the white to me. I could be wrong about that and the white is actually being removed, but it looks like grey paint on the tip of the q tip. It may be difficult to chip the paint in the specific pattern they are trying to match.

Adding the paint drips is a nice touch.

The scout blaster went up for preorder at around 1pm EST (evening in UK) and it seemed like a good time for both the U.S. and Europe. I do have to wonder why they decided on such an early preorder launch for this helmet.

The scout blaster went up for preorder at around 1pm EST (evening in UK) and it seemed like a good time for both the U.S. and Europe. I do have to wonder why they decided on such an early preorder launch for this helmet.
Yep, this is what I was saying. It’s not that they “have” to take things like this into account, since they’ll sell 100 of these with no trouble. It’s that it could be a time that would work well for North America and Europe (at the expense of Asia, which I imagine is the 3rd largest of those 3 markets by quite a ways.)

One side benefit of the way they did it, though, is that the rest of the world (outside of North America) had a significantly better chance of getting an order in before they sold out, than they might have had on previous offerings. That probably means these will be more scattered around the globe than usual, which I think is pretty cool.

The email went out at 7:13 a.m. Eastern. I’m East coast, so I had no problem. Had it in my cart and then decided I didn’t need it. It was noon there, so seems like a good time for them to do it. They actually accidentally went live early and then took it back down and said what time it would be up. Again, not much notice, but if you are subscribed to their social media, it was there.

0917431B-14D6-4351-99BC-591839525BC8.jpeg

The email went out at 7:13 a.m. Eastern. I’m East coast, so I had no problem. Had it in my cart and then decided I didn’t need it. It was noon there, so seems like a good time for them to do it. They actually accidentally went live early and then took it back down and said what time it would be up. Again, not much notice, but if you are subscribed to their social media, it was there.

View attachment 1572477
Forgive me but I’m trying to do the math (and time conversion). Did they actually post the sale at noon GMT? I live in Colorado and received a notification at about 5AM but we’re 6 hours behind them. I know it’s irrelevant at this point but that would be an hour early.

Forgive me but I’m trying to do the math (and time conversion). Did they actually post the sale at noon GMT? I live in Colorado and received a notification at about 5AM but we’re 6 hours behind them. I know it’s irrelevant at this point but that would be an hour early.
For mountain time you’d be 7 hours behind them, since they’re in BST (British summer time) currently and not GMT.

RS’ own Facebook page says that the sale started at noon GMT, but I don’t think England is even using GMT right now. But I’m American so take that with a grain of salt.

That may account for the issue if you looked it up, though. A few places (in west Africa, Iceland, Greenland) do use GMT all the time, and right now you’re 6 hours behind them.

Hopefully that makes it clearer…

For mountain time you’d be 7 hours behind them, since they’re in BST (British summer time) currently and not GMT.

RS’ own Facebook page says that the sale started at noon GMT, but I don’t think England is even using GMT right now. But I’m American so take that with a grain of salt.
I didn’t know that- cool! Thank you!
That may account for the issue if you looked it up, though. A few places (in west Africa, Iceland, Greenland) do use GMT all the time, and right now you’re 6 hours behind them.

Hopefully that makes it clearer…

I didn’t know that- that helps a great deal! Thank you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back