RS Prop Masters Chris Bunn Sandtrooper Signature Edition

Jagjaguwar

Sr Member
80C09AF5-CFAF-4F49-99F6-0EEA1D6ED9C4.jpeg

Signature Edition Chris Bunn Sandtrooper Helmet - Sold Out | RS Prop Masters Stockport – Screen Lineage Replicas

Looks like they sold out of these in under 3 hours, unless only part of the edition of 100 were available from the start.

Edit: officially sold out, wait list available per the link.

Last edited:
I think you mean Wishlist, not Waitlist. I believe the Wishlist is just a way to keep a list of things you may want to order. I don't think it gets you on a list to order items that sold out and spots may become available.

Did anyone see an announcement of when this helmet would be made available to order? I didn't. Luckily I saw the email saying ordering was live in time to place an order.

I think you mean Wishlist, not Waitlist. I believe the Wishlist is just a way to keep a list of things you may want to order. I don't think it gets you on a list to order items that sold out and spots may become available.
There’s a wishlist too, and yes it wouldn’t help you get one.

But there’s this:
Thanks for all the support guys, this edition is now closed. Please email info@rspropmasters.com to be added to the wait list.
As for the timing, I know a previous email said the helmet was coming on May 4, but I don’t know if the exact release time was mentioned (maybe in the video?)

I’m thankful I already had the Move Along one and didn’t need this, because it was gone by the time I woke up. They’ve come a long way from the earlier days when these signature editions were available for days or weeks before selling through!

Last edited:
I received an email as soon as they went live on the site. I wasn’t getting one, but be sure you’re signed up for announcements and newsletters.

Managed to order one. There was a post on their FB page saying it was going live at 12pm UK time and I then got an email about 12:15 saying it had gone live.

Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Anthony Forest SE - that was the very 1st RS helmet I bought and led me down the slippery slope

There’s a wishlist too, and yes it wouldn’t help you get one.

But there’s this:

As for the timing, I know a previous email said the helmet was coming on May 4, but I don’t know if the exact release time was mentioned (maybe in the video?)

I’m thankful I already had the Move Along one and didn’t need this, because it was gone by the time I woke up. They’ve come a long way from the earlier days when these signature editions were available for days or weeks before selling through!
I overlooked the added text in the description. It's good they are doing that even if only a few more may be able to buy it. Maybe they will sell some "Artist Proof" ones through that. I have a few "Artist Proof" RS signature helmets. I assume those are in addition to the 100.

I suspect some of the people who ordered plan on reselling the helmet for a profit immediately after receiving it.

I received an email as soon as they went live on the site. I wasn’t getting one, but be sure you’re signed up for announcements and newsletters.
I received that too. Since people from all over the world may be ordering, it would be good to post the time the sale will go live ahead of time so people can plan. These limited editions don't last long anymore. This was basically only available to people who happened to read their email or see the Facebook post in a few hour window.

Wow. I joined their mailing list because I thought I would get an email telling the time these would go on sale ahead of time. But instead got an email at 4 am saying that they are now on sale, nice heads up there. This is the third helmet I have not been able to even try and buy. After being a long-time supporter of RS from the beginning I have to say it is very frustrating.

Managed to order one. There was a post on their FB page saying it was going live at 12pm UK time and I then got an email about 12:15 saying it had gone live.

Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Anthony Forest SE - that was the very 1st RS helmet I bought and led me down the slippery slope
I assume the Anthony Forest SE was an ABS helmet. This helmet will be closer to the actual helmets since it is the green plastic and painted white.

I have a Colin Michael Kitchens SE helmet. It is ABS. I also have a green plastic sandtrooper. They don't look very different unless the white paint starts to chip.

It looks like some of the chipping on the actual Chris Bunn helmet will be replicated on this helmet with grey paint over the white as opposed to chipping the white paint.

Wow. I joined their mailing list because I thought I would get an email telling the time these would go on sale ahead of time. But instead got an email at 4 am saying that they are now on sale, nice heads up there. This is the third helmet I have not been able to even try and buy. After being a long-time supporter of RS from the beginning I have to say it is very frustrating.
Yeah, it seems crazy to open orders at such a bad time for most of the US, who I imagine have to be by far the biggest market. Really feel for West Coast people who wanted this. But maybe the short notice and weird time were to try to limit the amount of scalpers who would get these. Seems not great in any case.

I can understand the frustration, but unfortunately with potential customers all over the globe theres really not a great release time that can please everybody. It wasn't so much a problem when these limited releases would take days or even weeks to sell out previously, but now they seems to be getting snapped up in a matter of hours or even minutes. With a limited release of only 100 pieces, some people are going to miss out.

But maybe the short notice and weird time were to try to limit the amount of scalpers who would get these. Seems not great in any case.
I don’t think scalpers have really been a factor with the quick sell outs of these releases. I’ve only seen one Scout pistol and one Dak helmet on the secondary market since they were released. People generally hold on to this stuff pretty tightly.

Yeah, it seems crazy to open orders at such a bad time for most of the US, who I imagine have to be by far the biggest market. Really feel for West Coast people who wanted this. But maybe the short notice and weird time were to try to limit the amount of scalpers who would get these. Seems not great in any case.
What makes you think the US would be the largest market for these? It was only a run of hundred and they can easily sell out twice over from U.K. buyers alone. I don’t see why they should factor in the time difference for one country alone.

Well, I think the problem here is not necessarily the time of the sale but rather the lack of info. I knew the helmet was going on sale today but they never specified exactly what time. In the past their items had gone on sale around 9am local time here, so that's what I thought would be the case here. I think in the future it would be a good idea for them to send out an email the day before saying the exact day and time they will go on sale with a link, to those who have subscribed to their list. Because if I had known it was going on sale at 4 am I would actually have gotten up tp buy one LOL. As far as scalpers, well if this is how fast items are going to be selling out then that is easily solved by limiting the amount everyone can buy to one (1).

Did anyone see an announcement of when this helmet would be made available to order? I didn't. Luckily I saw the email saying ordering was live in time to place an order.
Rob announced it 4 days ago on their YouTube channel. I have found that to be the best way to get information from RS and put them on my subscription list. I did email Andrea 2 days ago and she didn’t even know what time they were going to put it up for sale on their website. I was lucky enough to get one but awakened several times last night and checked their site in anxiety.

What makes you think the US would be the largest market for these? It was only a run of hundred and they can easily sell out twice over from U.K. buyers alone. I don’t see why they should factor in the time difference for one country alone.
Uh, I don’t think there’s really any debate that the US is the biggest market for anything Star Wars. That would include these. Obviously there aren’t exact numbers to look at for this, but check out the US box office for any of the films, and compare it to the worldwide box office. Then try the same with any other single country. That’s all I was saying.

Of course there are plenty of other places where there are fans, but that’s not what I was talking about, at all.

I’m not upset about when the orders went live, to be clear. I didn’t want or need one. Just was saying that it’s not when I would have opened orders.

I assume the Anthony Forest SE was an ABS helmet. This helmet will be closer to the actual helmets since it is the green plastic and painted white.

I have a Colin Michael Kitchens SE helmet. It is ABS. I also have a green plastic sandtrooper. They don't look very different unless the white paint starts to chip.

It looks like some of the chipping on the actual Chris Bunn helmet will be replicated on this helmet with grey paint over the white as opposed to chipping the white paint.
The video does appear to show they are going to chip the paint and even have obvious drips of paint. It should look pretty weathered and beat up.

"We are looking to complete this run during the third quarter of 2022. The helmet is complete with a helmet stand and the all important signature plaque."

So it's not a complete run as of yet then?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back