Magic of Myth ( MoM ) Luke RotJ Hero ( cave build ) lightsaber research, images, reference, & collaborative model builder's discussion.

Might be a good time to remind/ mention that we fully intend to do a static Hero perfect for display and are finally ready given….

We now have all the ingredients confirmed to include in the kit to replicate the perfect cave hero which is something I’ve been holding out for.
-Ultra Refined hilt geometry based on latest reference.
-Confirmed donor board replicas for the reveal.
- confirmed electronics assembly in the box
- And now confirmed Luke’s tools for activation.
(Which I’m hoping to dub the Energy Matrix Dampener)

^ what he said

On that note, sorry for the slow rollout.

It's been a busy season in personal life but we're creating the groundwork for not just the reveal but definitive replication etc... with re-casters running rampant (and watching THESE threads closely I'm told) I'm holding my findings closer to the chest until we have full traction towards rollout.

I hope that is satisfactory for the time being :)

7cc8bbd1-311a-41e9-8025-73da41b89cf6-gif.1506354

IMG_3659.GIF

I don’t see why it couldn’t be pending the cost to manufacture.

kind of bummed I messed up the scale on this scoring with the Dremel: BUT. I think I have the tooling and theory correct. Thoughts?
I’m using my prototype to work out my theories for posterity and do prep work for my future personal static.
I’ll go into in more detail at a later timeB34D1029-E0FB-4529-9617-FC46A0EDC78C.jpeg

I still think the buttons were carved from the Yuma lever:
Referring to the ‘glue spot’ ‘scar’ under the black buttons

Checking all the reference I have I believe it is a recess, it’s janky and runs along the length of the buttons- and is consistent with hand rotary.
the lighting in each shot indicates a scoop due to the shadows and hotspots.

I have a hypothesis that the scar is part of the process of the removal /modification of the Yuma lever.

Last edited:

Checking all the reference I have I believe it is a recess, it’s janky and runs along the length of the buttons- and is consistent with hand rotary.

I have a hypothesis that the scar is part of the process of the removal /modification of the Yuma lever.
now you have me hunting on old hard drives...

wow, I'm down with this. Never looked at it that way

oh boy.... never really noticed this until now Bryan... you know at first when i was going through photos i took it as a shadow until i found a certain one.. 100% on board right now.. never really paid any attention to it thinking it was a shadow until now..

i think a wicked good option to mimic this exact damage would be how DaveP uses those transfer papers to etch the damage in the bottom of his V2 pommels..

you could do the same exact thing on the control box

oh boy.... never really noticed this until now Bryan... you know at first when i was going through photos i took it as a shadow until i found a certain one.. 100% on board right now.. never really paid any attention to it thinking it was a shadow until now..

i think a wicked good option to mimic this exact damage would be how DaveP uses those transfer papers to etch the damage in the bottom of his V2 pommels..

you could do the same exact thing on the control box
Yeah I was thinking something like that would be more consistent

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back