Magic of Myth ( MoM ) Luke RotJ Hero ( cave build ) lightsaber research, images, reference, & collaborative model builder's discussion.

I've got a box (brown cardboard, military) of round head 6-32 aluminum screws from the 60s, too, so yeah.

But I agree, the screws in the Yuma look steel, to me.

We weren't discussing the throne room saber at all - the roger christian archives video sported some blades and showed their tangs, just showing where those ideas came from for the arizona props
I feel like I’ve seen the stills, but not the video yet... not sure how I’ve been missing it

We weren't discussing the throne room saber at all - the roger christian archives video sported some blades and showed their tangs, just showing where those ideas came from for the arizona props
Hi Tom. Sorry, I went and found the thread you mentioned and thought the post with the images of the various stunt blades was suggesting that the blade with the longer tang was the one used in the throne room fight? I was just pointing out that that wasn't the Yuma.

I have slot head screws from grandfathers workshop going back to the '40's at least in both brass & steel, inc. japanned steel (black lacquer). I'm very used to seeing 'aged' screw heads. I have found that 'machine' screws (as opposed to wood screws) are more commonly steel. As they're joining metal to metal they're more likely to be machine type. In my 'professional' opinion these look like steel ref. the above stills.
I'm with Mouse too. I've got a few boxes of old steel slot headed screws. These pics are a perfect colour match.

Hi Guys, hadn't checked in on this thread for a while but wish I had - wow - hats off to all the hard work - hope my photos from 'Return of the Jedi Luke MOM saber in London exhibit 2017' were helpful - if you still need higher resolution copies of any of them please let me know. Anyway I was just wondering (as I've been reading through all the info I missed - now with extra time as a UK Coronavirus lockdown is now in place) - and (forgive me if I missed any conclusion) - was there any final overall size concluded? I got 'within 10cm' of the 290cm originally assumed. Was it anywhere closer to Mr. Starkiller's 11.1/4 inches - (approx 286mm) from a few years back? Many thanks and stay safe everyone.

Hi Guys, hadn't checked in on this thread for a while but wish I had - wow - hats off to all the hard work - hope my photos from 'Return of the Jedi Luke MOM saber in London exhibit 2017' were helpful - if you still need higher resolution copies of any of them please let me know. Anyway I was just wondering (as I've been reading through all the info I missed - now with extra time as a UK Coronavirus lockdown is now in place) - and (forgive me if I missed any conclusion) - was there any final overall size concluded? I got 'within 10cm' of the 290cm originally assumed. Was it anywhere closer to Mr. Starkiller's 11.1/4 inches - (approx 286mm) from a few years back? Many thanks and stay safe everyone.

so through all the research, overlays, photogrammetry etc. here is where we netted out:

Pommel to top of emitter flange (excluding nub): 278mm

pommel to tip: 287.5mm

Last edited:
Thomas J Newton , I would love to see the higher resolution pictures.
There are 8 I can find off hand - but didn't want to fill all the pages with them again - Is this any good? I will double check elsewhere. I remember cropping them down a bit as I could only within a short distance without tripping alarms off!

Attachments

• MOM identities01.jpg
    MOM identities01.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 324
so through all the research, overlays, photogrammetry etc. here is where we netted out:

Pommel to top of emitter flange (excluding nub): 278mm

pommel to tip: 287.5mm
Remarkable! I can confirm this measurement. My Yuma/ISYHCANL came out at 287.5mm precisely too! I'd be interested in seeing the high res images too. Always great to see the prop from any angle, in the highest res possible. :)

Thank you Guys - no worries on any flickr credits! - Glad the pics were helpful. I will try to fish out all the pics I took in highest res and send them out in the next few days - home schooling my son in self isolation so hopefully find some time to go through files in the next day or two. Double checked my lathed 'hero' today and very very pleased that its almost bang on the concluded size! (phew) : )

Thank you Guys - no worries on any flickr credits! - Glad the pics were helpful. I will try to fish out all the pics I took in highest res and send them out in the next few days - home schooling my son in self isolation so hopefully find some time to go through files in the next day or two. Double checked my lathed 'hero' today and very very pleased that its almost bang on the concluded size! (phew) : )
Awesome. I added your name for TheRPF.
Would love to see your personal project too :)

not too many of us have had a chance to see it in person or grab photos (especially as clear) as you did. So of course any feedback you might have in regards to what you saw and remember relating to the discussion in these pages would be super helpful! And of course... disclaimer... placed on the block for debate.
And yes, Thomas J Newton your photos have been invaluable. Many, many thanks. I’m so glad you’ve made it into this thread

OH, I forgot to mention it here:
Clamp Cards are live in the junkyard.

Just be aware international shipping rates are insane coming OUT of the US due to Covid19

Are there images showing the slotted screw under the emitter lip? I think I missed this, and it changes some things for me

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back