Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero Variations Kit Parts Run (Sign up closed/In Production)

*Update*

So, because we're past half way, I'm optimistic that we can get the numbers for this run eventually. I'm hoping it's a case of when rather than if.

With that in mind, I've started to order a few bits and pieces. I've ordered all the various sizes of screws for the whole run today. I've ordered a few extra just in case we overshoot the 25 mark when it comes to placing the order for the main parts.

I've also ordered the rods for the Tri-Rings! I have a standalone thread for these here, but I've ordered enough to make those needed for this run too.

I already have the materials for the Triangles and buttons, which I'll be making by hand. I'll probably make a start on those when we get a little closer to the target.

As always, if you're interested in this run, please leave a comment!

Cheers,

Dave (y)

**Update**

I've been refining the Yuma box this weekend based on some new reference images I pulled from 4K83.

YUMA.png

YUMA2.png

It's pretty clear from the images that most of the edges on the box and imitation clamp lever have been rounded off to varying degrees.

This was almost certainly done for safety reasons, with the Yuma being a stunt saber.

I've also adjusted the screw positions and lever proportions to make the model more accurate to the original prop.

NEW YUMA BOX 01.png

I'm going to go through the rest of the images on the original post tomorrow and bring them all in line with this new design.

I'm torn now between doing the Yuma or the Hero next for myself?!

*Update*

I've just reorganised the original post and added some shiny new renders of the kit and a few new animations.

I think you get a better feel for the kit with these new realistic renders:

TITLE IMAGE NEW.png

You can see here the new, improved Yuma control box, with rounded edges. All the other parts needed to be amended too to match the new fixing positions, as well as new CAD drawings for the fabricators (and images/animations for this thread). It's been a busy day, but everything's up to date and resubmitted. The price hasn't budged (which is nice :)).

Ready to hit go as soon as we have the numbers, so please, take a look through the original post if you haven't done so already, and if you're interested, give me a shout in the comments.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

Keeping it still a static piece. Can the saber still be made for someone interested with the possibility of the pommel, grenade section and emitter unscrew/screw?

Hi. Thanks for the question. This is intended as a prop replica first and foremost. The current thinking is that the body of the Yuma prop was one solid piece, from pommel to emitter. For me, that's one of the defining features of this kit.

I could modify the parts in theory, but it would be at the expense of accuracy, and would definitely increase the price of having the parts machined by quite a bit too. The current price is based on the quote I've had for the parts as they're seen here.

Would you prefer it to be separate parts to aid the painting process?

I'm not sure the benefits would outweigh the additional cost and the reduction in accuracy personally.

Even if the final piece was entirely solid, I think it would bother me, knowing that there are seams there.

Excellent news! Another slot taken (via PM).

**Only 7 slots left to go!** There seems to be a slot being taken every day, so hopefully we'll be getting this run ordered before too long!

Thanks again to everyone that's expressed an interest so far. If there's anyone that you think might like to come along for the ride, please share away! ;)

Cheers,

Dave

**Update**

It was my plan to create a 3D printed reveal card for my Hero version of this kit. Just for my own personal hilt. I was going to leave the card out of the kit, for people to either make/source their own.

Well, I just knocked up a very rough prototype for pricing purposes and got a quote on X25. The cost per card at that quantity is so low that I've decided to include it in the kit! I did originally intend on uploading the card to Shapeways once I'd modelled it, for people to print themselves if they wanted to, but I may as well get them printed and send out to everyone with the kit. :)

Once I have the final card modelled I'll post some pics and get the images in the OP updated.

Hopefully this last little sweetener will get those last few slots taken! (y)

Hope everyone's keeping safe and well out there!

Cheers,

Dave

**Update**

It was my plan to create a 3D printed reveal card for my Hero version of this kit. Just for my own personal hilt. I was going to leave the card out of the kit, for people to either make/source their own.

Well, I just knocked up a very rough prototype for pricing purposes and got a quote on X25. The cost per card at that quantity is so low that I've decided to include it in the kit! I did originally intend on uploading the card to Shapeways once I'd modelled it, for people to print themselves if they wanted to, but I may as well get them printed and send out to everyone with the kit. :)

Once I have the final card modelled I'll post some pics and get the images in the OP updated.

Hopefully this last little sweetener will get those last few slots taken! (y)

Hope everyone's keeping safe and well out there!

Cheers,

Dave

Adjustments.jpg

Thank you for your efforts. Am truly looking forward to this! Hope you and everyone is staying safe!

*Update*

We're now so close to getting this run ordered that I couldn't resist taking another slot for myself! I already have an ISYHCANL from my previous run, but I've decided to get the whole Yuma family together. So I'll be finishing a Hero and a Yuma to sit along side it. :)

This leaves only 5 slots remaining!

I'm currently working on an accurate circuit board reveal that will now be included in the kit. I'll get some pictures of that up as soon as it's ready.

Cheers,

Dave

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back