Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica Kit (2nd Run) *SIGN UP CLOSED*

Well, my hilt has made it all the way to NZ to join my collection. And I must say, Dave, it is absolutely gorgeous. My highest possible compliments to you. Can't wait to put the finishing touches on it. :D(y)
Thanks Matthew! That's great to hear! :)

Glad it got there ok, and that you're happy with everything.

Good luck with the build! (y)

All the best,

Dave

Thanks for your work Dave! It's a beauty.

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_091558.jpg
    IMG_20201212_091558.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 186
**Update**

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to give an update on the commissioned builds for this run...

I'm working flat out to get these done as soon as possible, but it's not looking as though they're going to be done before Christmas. :(

This is disappointing but I just want to be up front and honest with everyone. I've made some great progress this week, but even if I were to get the bodies painted today, it would be unadvisable to package and post them before Christmas, as the paint needs at least a few days to fully cure.

It took much longer than anticipated to get the kits posted out to people, which has left me with less time than I realistically needed to get the builds done in time for Christmas.

Whilst I am working hard to get these finished as soon as possible, I hope you understand that I cannot allow my standards to slip, and each and every part still needs to be perfect before I can call it done.

I'd just like to give you an update on where the builds are up to right now and what still needs to be done:

• Hero Boxes are complete (except for acrylic triangles). I've primed, painted and clear coated the T profiles and assembled the boxes with JB Weld (2 part epoxy).
  • Clamp cards have had their edges painted Blue
  • Reveal cards are finished and good to go. (y)
  • My ISYHCANL commission is ready to have it's body painted. The rails have been attached to the clamp card and the Black buttons have been attached to the box. The card and rails are not fixed to the box yet, as I need access to the screws.
  • Bodies are all prepped for painting.

TO DO:

• Triangles need to be made for Hero boxes and installed
  • Before painting the bodies, the second grub screw and emitter entrance needs to be filled (as it is on the Hero prop).
  • Bodies need masking, ready for painting. After painting the grenade section, I'll re-mask and get the necks painted.
  • Once the paint is cured on both sections, I can remove the paint from the rings.
  • At this stage the Tri-Rings can be installed, followed by the control boxes and grub screws.
It's really not that much work left to do and I did think I might have been able to make my target of at least having them sent before Christmas, but there's obviously only a couple of days left in which to get everything finished, and get them sent, so I felt I'd better give everyone the heads up.

I'm sorry if this is disappointing, but hopefully you understand that I'd rather send these out perfect and a little bit late than on time and rushed.

Here are some images of the boxes in their current state anyway:

COM_01.jpg

COM_02.jpg
COM_03.jpg

I'm still going to be continuing with the builds over the next few days and getting them as far along as I can before taking a day or two off for Christmas, and will hopefully have these completed and on their way to their new homes around the first week of January if not before.

If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

For now though, I'll be going off-grid while I continue to work my way through what's left to do.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

All the best and MTFBWY!

Dave

Thank you very much for the update, Dave!
No worries from my side and once again thanks for everything.

I wish you all the best from Italy and... Merry XMas, of course!

Take care my friend and stay safe

Enrico

So i'm all done with hero. I waited for some paint arrive and airbrushed over the rattle can gold i had on the neck. Its pretty close now i think. Thanks again Dave for such a perfect kit, i even noticed afterwards that your screw positions on the arrow plate are slightly different, just like the original prop.
Only noticed when i referenced my SW/ Indy book for the exibit many years ago.
So here it is, with my resin copy of a stunt saber, the R2 one!
20201229_091931.jpg

Did'nt want to fill the grub screw hole in just yet, can always do that later. And swapped the card with Bryans 'old blue'

Last edited:
So i'm all done with hero. I waited for some paint arrive and airbrushed over the rattle can gold i had on the neck. Its pretty close now i think. Thanks again Dave for such a perfect kit, i even noticed afterwards that your screw positions on the arrow plate are slightly different, just like the original prop.
Only noticed when i referenced my SW/ Indy book for the exibit many years ago.
So here it is, with my resin copy of a stunt saber, the R2 one!View attachment 1383635
Did'nt want to fill the grub screw hole in just yet, can always do that later. And swapped the card with Bryans 'old blue'
Absolutely fantastic, Andrew! The neck colour looks great. Thanks for sharing. :) Great seeing it next to the cast you have too. Looking at the rings and their thicknesses, it looks to be a direct cast of the MoM Hero.

Waiting for this is killing me :p

USPS has this listed as being in “pre shipment” since the 15th. They (understandably) have been plagued with horrible delays these past months.

I guess the day it shows up at my door will be a nice surprise, lol.

Waiting for this is killing me :p

USPS has this listed as being in “pre shipment” since the 15th. They (understandably) have been plagued with horrible delays these past months.

I guess the day it shows up at my door will be a nice surprise, lol.
Sorry it's not arrived yet Matt. Fingers crossed things will get moving in the new year.

Happy new year anyway.

All the best,

Dave

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to wish everyone who has taken part in this run a VERY happy new year!

2020 has not been an easy one for many, but I've found that it's when times are tough, that the things we take inspiration from, and have a passion for become particularly important.

This community is more than just a distraction from the difficulties of "real life". It has become a HUGE part of my life, and I'd like to thank everyone on here for being awesome.

I hope everyone here on the RPF and in the wider prop building community has a fabulous New Year celebration, however you choose to mark the occasion.

Let's hope 2021 is the year that we put the difficulties of recent times behind us, and focus on the things that bring joy in to our lives!

All the best to all of you, and MTFBWY!

Dave

giphy-1.gif

All the best for 2021 DaveP and all the other folks on the forum!

Here's my almost finished hilt. Need to stick the switch on and do a couple of paint touch ups and it'll be done.
emoji846.png
View attachment 1397021
Happy New Year Andy!

It looks fantastic! I actually like the worn edge look on the first ring :) I guess it wasn't there at the time of filming though so if that's what you're going for, I see why you'd want to touch it up. It really does look great though.

Really enjoying seeing these builds!

I'm itching (dying) to get back to working on my remaining commissions this week!

All the best and Happy New Year!

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back