Limited Run Luke's ROTJ Static Hero/Yuma/ISYHCANL Prop Replica Kit (2nd Run) *SIGN UP CLOSED*

*Update*

Hey everyone. All the files have been converted to STEP files and the technical drawings have been drawn up!

Ready to hit go on the final quote!

There are a couple of people I've not heard back from though, so I'm going to leave it until morning if that's ok with everyone.

For one thing, I'm pretty tired, and don't want to make any mistakes! For another, the manufacturer won't see the quote request until morning anyway.

It just gives people a little extra time as there are time differences and there's every chance some people haven't seen their messages.

First thing tomorrow morning I'll get the files sent through and place the order for the numbers as they stand.

Very excited to get the ball rolling!

All the best,

Dave

**Update**

Hi Everyone. I'm ready to hit go on this, so please speak now, or forever hold you piece. :D

I've contacted everyone who hasn't confirmed their order yet. I'm just going to give everyone a chance to at least see those messages. I realise it's just turning morning in the US.

I've spoken to the manufacturer though, and they're expecting the order this afternoon.

I also realise those who have paid so far are keen for me to get moving, so I'm going to have to get the ball rolling this afternoon.

I'm not in a position where I can include orders that haven't been confirmed, or where payment hasn't at least been arranged unfortunately. :(

Hopefully everyone who want to take part in the run will have responded by the time I place the order later.

Very excited to get this run under way!

Thanks for your patience everyone.

All the best,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I just messaged you about getting in on this run for a hero version. Can you please read my message and reply as soon as you have a spare moment today?

Thank you so much for your time!

Hi Dave,

I just messaged you about getting in on this run for a hero version. Can you please read my message and reply as soon as you have a spare moment today?

Thank you so much for your time!
PM Sent. You just made it. :p

*Update*

Parts and drawings sent off for final quote everyone! :)

As soon as it comes back, I'll get it paid and move everything in to production!

Until then, the quantities can be amended easily enough, so it's not too late to be added to the run.

I'll let everyone know as soon as things start moving.

Cheers,

Dave (y)

Last edited:
*Update*

Just a little update for those waiting on the stand-alone PCBs. I haven't sent out requests for payment yet as these aren't quite ready... (soon).

The cost of having the boards drawn up and printed ate up much of the budget for these, so I scoured the internet for alternative parts that could stand in as components. I WAS fairly happy with the compromise of using a small, 10x10 acrylic square (originally intended as a tabletop miniature base) to stand in for the micro-controller...

It's REALLY been bugging me though. So I've given in and ordered a big box of real chips!

So the final board will have a chip that looks more like the one on the left here (Pins and all!)

Because I bought them in bulk, it's only pushed the cost up by 50 pence per board, so I won't be increasing the price.

CHIP.jpg

They should be arriving tomorrow, so I'll get a new prototype put together by weekend.

Thanks again everyone for all your support.

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave

*Update*

Just a little update for those waiting on the stand-alone PCBs. I haven't sent out requests for payment yet as these aren't quite ready... (soon).

The cost of having the boards drawn up and printed ate up much of the budget for these, so I scoured the internet for alternative parts that could stand in as components. I WAS fairly happy with the compromise of using a small, 10x10 acrylic square (originally intended as a tabletop miniature base) to stand in for the micro-controller...

It's REALLY been bugging me though. So I've given in and ordered a big box of real chips!

So the final board will have a chip that looks more like the one on the left here (Pins and all!)

Because I bought them in bulk, it's only pushed the cost up by 50 pence per board, so I won't be increasing the price.

View attachment 1346404

They should be arriving tomorrow, so I'll get a new prototype put together by weekend.

Thanks again everyone for all your support.

All the best and MTFBWY,

Dave
I would like to have this one on my build. What a beauty!

Oh my god that looks amazing!
Thanks, Thom. Much appreciated. They look even better with the real chip. :) I'll post an update soon.
I would like to have this one on my build. What a beauty!
Hi Ted, Thanks. Would you like me to add you to the list for one of these?
Hi Dave,
That board looks fantastic. If possible, could I order an extra standalone PCB?
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike. Absolutely. I'll PM you soon. Just working on an updated prototype now.

The Chips arrived and they make a huge difference!

I'll post some pics soon.

Cheers,

Dave

*Update*

Hi Everyone. I've finished the final design for the PCBs. Hope you like them. It was well worth the extra cost to get the real chips!

So, for those who have orders for standalone PCBs, I'll send requests for payment through later this evening. I've set Monday aside for working exclusively on these, so I'm going to see how many I can get made in a full day! I'll certainly be able to get through those who have orders placed so far. :)

I'll be setting up a separate run for these soon.

Please excuse the unpainted rails. This build is still a WIP:

IMG_20200910_120659[2798].jpg
IMG_20200910_102636[2813].jpg
IMG_20200910_120433[2818].jpg
IMG_20200910_120519[2805].jpg

There's been a slight delay on the order for the parts. The quotes came back today, more expensive than previously quoted, so there's been a bit of discussion (and panic!). They've finally agreed to match the previous quotes though, so all is well!

The new quotes are being made up for tomorrow using the unit prices that I was expecting, and I'll be paying them as soon as they come in!

I'll give everyone a shout when they're officially "in production". Exciting times!

MTFBWY!

Dave

Payment sent, Dave!

I also sent a pm with all requested info and questions about the tri-ring. Please just shoot me an answer when you have a spare moment. Thanks again!

Payment sent, Dave!

I also sent a pm with all requested info and questions about the tri-ring. Please just shoot me an answer when you have a spare moment. Thanks again!
Thanks Brian. Payment received and PM sent. All the best! (y)

Thanks Dave, great news!
Looking forward to having the Hero in my hands!
Meanwhile I ordered a plaque, from Ariel Martinez, devoted to this RPF Limited edition

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back