All I keep seeing on YouTube is

“Galaxys edge is dead!”

“Galaxys edge a ghost town!!”

“Galaxys edge a failure”

Is there any freak’n truth to this? It’s becoming quite annoying scrolling through your feed and seeing this over and over

I seriously doubt the place is dead..

“Galaxys edge is dead!”

“Galaxys edge a failure”

Is there any freak’n truth to this? It’s becoming quite annoying scrolling through your feed and seeing this over and over

From the tidbits I've seen on my Google feed, it's the other way around. Disney Land is empty because everyone is going to Galaxy's Edge. Here's the most recent article that popped up for me. Disneyland has become a ‘ghost town’

This seems to be just another case in the Star Wars fake news camp. That's why I don't watch those other "Star Wars" channels. They seem to lie constantly, and never correct themselves. Like the fake news that the word "youngling" was banned from Galaxy's Edge. It wasn't.

“Galaxys edge is dead!”

“Galaxys edge a failure”

Sounds like the perpetual whining of butthurt fanboys to me. Every report I've heard from people who visited said (1) it was packed, and (2) it was AWESOME.

Sounds like unfounded speculation. To me it's the one thing Disney has done with Star Wars that they truly excelled at by making a totally immersive Star Wars experience for fans. For all of my gripes with them, I gotta give credit where it's due. By most accounts it looks like they went above and beyond by delivering a truly magical experience!

I keep seeing all these things on FB about how Disney World attendance is down and there are no waits for rides. I was there the last week of June. I can assure you the place was packed. I am also sure that GE is very full as well. Especially when the one at HS opens.

From the tidbits I've seen on my Google feed, it's the other way around. Disney Land is empty because everyone is going to Galaxy's Edge. Here's the most recent article that popped up for me. Disneyland has become a ‘ghost town’

This seems to be just another case in the Star Wars fake news camp. That's why I don't watch those other "Star Wars" channels. They seem to lie constantly, and never correct themselves. Like the fake news that the word "youngling" was banned from Galaxy's Edge. It wasn't.

Exactly!! The stuff we see here on this site makes it look out of this... galaxy!

I’m just amazed at all the “empty park” videos, the ride for the falcon is 90-110min wait on average

I don’t get it

Another missed opportunity to have told this story in the films themselves. It amazes me how often Lucasfilm manages to tell more interesting stories off screen in ancillary material.

But isn't that kinda how it works? I mean the old EU was built upon filling in the blanks. Only difference is back then it was filling in what George didn't care to tell. And today it's them purposely setting aside peices of the story to tell in other mediums.

I get the principle, I'm just saying that often the stories told in the ancillary material ends up being more interesting than the films.

I get that you can't tell every back story to the last detail in a 2.5 hour movie but some of the things that made it into the final cuts was nowhere near as interesting as some of the stuff coming out of the comics, books, etc.

But isn't that kinda how it works? I mean the old EU was built upon filling in the blanks. Only difference is back then it was filling in what George didn't care to tell. And today it's them purposely setting aside peices of the story to tell in other mediums.

The reason it worked back in the 90's was because there WERE NO other SW movies, all you had were books to continue the adventures. You weren't just waiting around needing something to fill in gaps until the next film(or the outcry of something that could've/should've been in the film in the first place so you release it as a novel or comic), you just wanted the adventure to continue and that's all there was. This is just a cheap and lazy effort to cash in without giving us a good story onscreen. If you NEED ancillary materials to complete a story, you failed. They can ADD to it, or continue the story/adventure...but it should not have to be read to answer questions to the main story.

Yes, the EU did do stories like that, like "Shadows of the Empire", but those were NEW adventures, not filling in gaps we probably should've had in the Films in the first place.

I'm as interested in this as I was for the comic where the Dr. had a stupid crush on Vader, which is to say not a damn bit. They lost their chance with me and when they put out stuff like this it tells me they(Lucasfilm), don't know how to do anything anymore.

The reason it worked back in the 90's was because there WERE NO other SW movies, all you had were books to continue the adventures. You weren't just waiting around needing something to fill in gaps until the next film(or the outcry of something that could've/should've been in the film in the first place so you release it as a novel or comic), you just wanted the adventure to continue and that's all there was. This is just a cheap and lazy effort to cash in without giving us a good story onscreen. If you NEED ancillary materials to complete a story, you failed. They can ADD to it, or continue the story/adventure...but it should not have to be read to answer questions to the main story.

Yes, the EU did do stories like that, like "Shadows of the Empire", but those were NEW adventures, not filling in gaps we probably should've had in the Films in the first place.

I'm as interested in this as I was for the comic where the Dr. had a stupid crush on Vader, which is to say not a damn bit. They lost their chance with me and when they put out stuff like this it tells me they(Lucasfilm), don't know how to do anything anymore.

I was just thinking about this, this morning. I see where you're coming from.

But the problem is, if they had given us more of Ben's fall, him becoming Kylo Ren, and showing how the Knights of Ren came to be.(which they were going to do, that's why the Knights of Ren were developed for TFA) Gone would have been the mystery. It would have been like watching the Prequels before watching the Originals. There would be no mystery to Vader, or to the Emperor, and the emotional impact of "I am your father" would be cut in half. In Ben's case. If you showed how and why he fell in TFA, you loose the impact of the 'oh my gosh, he's Han and Leia's son'. The face reveal is gone, because we started by seeing him before he put the mask on. So would you rather have everything shown to you? Or would rather have some mystery? Can't have your cake and eat it too. I for one would rather have some mystery.

Ben being their son wasn't a surprise at all. Some mystery is good in a story but if your story is completely structured on it then it rings hollow.

I would have MUCH preferred to know more about Ben and the Knights of Ren and their involvement in the story than a lot of what we got.

Plus if you're more excited for this comic than the finale of the saga that says a lot.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this, this morning. I see where you're coming from.

But the problem is, if they had given us more of Ben's fall, him becoming Kylo Ren, and showing how the Knights of Ren came to be.(which they were going to do, that's why the Knights of Ren were developed for TFA) Gone would have been the mystery. It would have been like watching the Prequels before watching the Originals. There would be no mystery to Vader, or to the Emperor, and the emotional impact of "I am your father" would be cut in half. In Ben's case. If you showed how and why he fell in TFA, you loose the impact of the 'oh my gosh, he's Han and Leia's son'. The face reveal is gone, because we started by seeing him before he put the mask on. So would you rather have everything shown to you? Or would rather have some mystery? Can't have your cake and eat it too. I for one would rather have some mystery.

I had been thinking about this last week and I came to the conclusion that EPS 7, 8, 9 are actually 10, 11, 12. There really is another bit of story that needs to be told. When you are watching 4, 5, 6, you accept that there is previous story. If you then go into episode 7, you sort of feel that you should expect a flow of events between 6 and 7.

I had been thinking about this last week and I came to the conclusion that EPS 7, 8, 9 are actually 10, 11, 12. There really is another bit of story that needs to be told. When you are watching 4, 5, 6, you accept that there is previous story. If you then go into episode 7, you sort of feel that you should expect a flow of events between 6 and 7.

Isn't that what happens when have a 30 year gap though?

So I was doing some searches about George's 12 episode plan. I found some fascinating things.
hqbiu4ib9hx21.jpg

dqhnhjed9hx21.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back