After Star Wars, how about Dark Crystal?

BTW: Today's news, No second season of the series on Netflix.

Last edited:
Although, Jodorowsky's Dune movie was in pre-production in 1975. Lucas project at the same time could have been unbeknown to Jodorowsky when it started.

I posted this on the page prior to this one. I admit, I do not know much about Dune but I know how to use Google and I found this discussion with references which shows Dune ties to Earth.

I posted this on the page prior to this one. I admit, I do not know much about Dune but I know how to use Google and I found this discussion with references which shows Dune ties to Earth.

I don’t think there are any references to Earth in the Dune movie.
And with Asogians being Star Wars canon, we know that Earth must also exist in the Star Wars universe.
:lol:

I think I remember in the DUNE version that aired on tv (not the Sci fi network one), at the beginning the narrator says "It is now the year something something". I know that doesn't specifically mention earth, but it could tie it into our calendar somehow.

Maybe that's stretching it........

I think I remember in the DUNE version that aired on tv (not the Sci fi network one), at the beginning the narrator says "It is now the year something something". I know that doesn't specifically mention earth, but it could tie it into our calendar somehow.

Maybe that's stretching it........
Nope, Dune calendar starts from the formation of the Spacing Guild.

I don’t think there are any references to Earth in the Dune movie.
And with Asogians being Star Wars canon, we know that Earth must also exist in the Star Wars universe.
:lol:
I seem to remember that some ancillary material said that there is a planet in the SW universe called England because when the hi-res versions came out the text "Product of England" was visible on the syringe of the torture droid...probably the biggest facepalm of SW "canon" for me...

I seem to remember that some ancillary material said that there is a planet in the SW universe called England because when the hi-res versions came out the text "Product of England" was visible on the syringe of the torture droid...probably the biggest facepalm of SW "canon" for me...

I've read pretty much all the Legends novels and have never heard that and don't see anything on Google about it. I could totally see Disney canon doing something like that though.

Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid: An Elegant Weapon: Get an Up-Close Look at a Lightsaber from Star Wars: The High Republic - Exclusive | StarWars.com

To me it shows the current writers/illustrators/WTHisrunningthings lack of knowledge of SW. You don't need little mini lightsabers to block a lightsaber blade. There are plenty of in universe metals that will block a lightsaber blade. Not to mention, as Ewan Mcgregor has said, they never needed a crossguard (he mistakenly said "hilt") to block. I won't be surprised if they end up having the Jedi use little lightsaber forks when they eat.

I'm not too fond of that particular design. The little laser blade guards look silly to me. Though I am digging the heraldic elements. Some of the costume designs for this High Republic story look pretty cool too.

I do have a question, regarding Just For Men, “Force Projection”, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker...

27F3F033-B07E-4E03-909F-DDBF7286CAB6.jpeg

In The Last Jedi, it was made clear that when one used the awesome, colossal, powers of the Force to “project” oneself across space, that an added benefit was that your “Force Projection” would receive the Just For Men hair dye treatment, and wash the gray out of one’s hair and beard...

2D63AD20-413E-45EB-B0F8-DBC8F78EE9ED.jpeg

On Crabby Island, Luke sported the “touch of grey” look. He appears tired, salty, and lacking vigor.

....but his “Force Projection” underwent the “5 minute miracle application” of Just for Men
(Midi-chlorian Black
appears to be the color chosen).

D036BCD6-2215-4D5F-BC82-A23955F38A61.png

He suddenly appeared more youthful, successful, and ready to post his fierce and brave new look on Galactic Tinder.

E7EF7719-8626-4298-8E12-4B669C16E7D0.jpeg

But, at end of The Rise of Skywalker, when Luke’s Force Projection is seen grinning like a simpleton being presented with an ice cream cone (as the granddaughter of Palpatine declares herself to be a Skywalker), he is back to the “touch of grey” look once again.

0B772130-0BA4-4903-A0C3-B2372816ED05.jpeg

Indeed, The Force—and Just for Men—works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
Yeah that last shot of the space twins creeps me out so much..... and there she is, lil miss Palpy.... she did it all by herself with no help from nobody.

Wow do I hate this trilogy.....

After playing through the Jedi Fallen Order game, it just hit me that the Starkiller base is the same planet where the Jedi get their lightsaber crystals.

On one hand, this does somewhat help the ridiculousness of Starkiller base become a little more believable. The Empire mined the planet so much for crystals for the Death Star that it created a huge trench. On the other hand, the planet blew up at the end of TFA, so no more lightsabers. Are the Jedi really done and dead then?

I've read pretty much all the Legends novels
Can I just say how sorry I am for you....

and have never heard that and don't see anything on Google about it. I could totally see Disney canon doing something like that though.
I stand corrected, I probably read this:

Which is not canon or Legends but fan trying to reconcile. Which is also a great example of how pedantic SW fans get...

I do have a question, regarding Just For Men, “Force Projection”, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of Skywalker...

View attachment 1351905
I think the entire theatre reverberated the slap on my own forehead when space saloon Luke showed up.

View attachment 1351905

In The Last Jedi, it was made clear that when one used the awesome, colossal, powers of the Force to “project” oneself across space, that an added benefit was that your “Force Projection” would receive the Just For Men hair dye treatment, and wash the gray out of one’s hair and beard...

View attachment 1351907
On Crabby Island, Luke sported the “touch of grey” look. He appears tired, salty, and lacking vigor.

....but his “Force Projection” underwent the “5 minute miracle application” of Just for Men
(Midi-chlorian Black
appears to be the color chosen).

View attachment 1351906

He suddenly appeared more youthful, successful, and ready to post his fierce and brave new look on Galactic Tinder.

View attachment 1351908

But, at end of The Rise of Skywalker, when Luke’s Force Projection is seen grinning like a simpleton being presented with an ice cream cone (as the granddaughter of Palpatine declares herself to be a Skywalker), he is back to the “touch of grey” look once again.

View attachment 1351909

Indeed, The Force—and Just for Men—works in mysterious ways.
He appeared to those folks as they last saw him. Mainly to Leia & Kylo. To her, it was a reassurance, to Kylo, it was a guise of a strong opponent to lure him into 'battle'.

That's the 'in-universe' explanation to me, to the audience, it was the clue, along with the lightsaber, that something was up.

Not defending, apologising, justifying, or any of that crap. Just trying to seriously answer a question.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back