Limited Run Dredd Lawgiver 2012 Full Electronics and Action

BeakZ that display stand looks really slick! Cool little stencil as well to mark items. Props3D The whole thing just looks something out of Hall of Justice. When you go to the armory to pick up your assigned weapon. It’s IIINNNSSSAAANNNEEE!!! Pew, Pew, PEW!!! Okay, Okay I have to throttle back…LOL.

Greetings Judges

I finally got my hands on Chris' package!!!!

PXL_20221021_085234900.jpg

It's a whopper

This weekend will consist of painting up the serial numbers, attaching sights and applying clear coats to the top slides, attaching brass name plates and assembling them all!

Stay busy
BeakZ

Hi all! Another big update. I know this is late but this is the time I finished and I want to get this out tonight since it's in my head:

20221023_224523.jpg

Everyone with kits from should have a message about shipping, they're all boxed and ready to go. They're fully tested and you can try them when you get them (careful you separate everything so you don't short anything!!!) They come bubble wrapped and in a watertight container, so good to go. At this point I've sunk enough in that I don't really mind going a bit further, but I do have an OPTIONAL ask in return that's attached to the message. You're getting everything here in your package:
1. Lens
2. Cut steel and brass rods
3. Unfinished resin front and rear sights as well as serial plate
4. Magazine plates (this is a mercy, these were crazy hard to make by hand)
5. Aluminum knob
6. Springs and buck converter shrink wrap
7. Battery and charger
20221023_203451.jpg

If you're used to these kinds of electronics, it's all ready to install except for soldering the switch on the heel, which has to be done after you paint the heel (read down, link later with pics). If you're not, please wait for the video. It will be very detailed and step by step. They're all ready to ship, I haven't wrapped yours yet veektohr because I wasn't expecting to make an unsoldered kit so there was a fair amount of spreadsheeting and number crunching to make sure you get every bit and bob and the right lengths of wire etc, my brain is a bit fried so I want to check tomorrow.
20221023_224319.jpg

I know it's been a bit but I wanted to make sure it's all final first, that way there's no 0 day update needed on your end, and that includes the promised audio update. So a little more research was required:
20221023_205100.jpg

Despite the grumphing about the glasses that did this tech in, I still like 3D TV and I've still got one, so I can watch the movie the way it's intended.

There's a lot of thumping music in the movie so extracting clean audio wasn't the easiest. I used a lot of splicing and frequency removal but I'm pretty happy with the results. It's all published to github so if you're building your own it's ready to roll. This also includes some final code tweaks from Spidey74 so as far as this project is concerned the code/aduio side is final as of today (famous last words I know).

In terms of deliveries, I have a confession. I did sand it all again. I'm not getting shown up.
20221023_120328.jpg

I gave the next two up last one final coat of primer after yet ANOTHER sanding pass and... ummm, dropped one in the grass. Only damage was my pride, no worries, but back into sanding it went with the next set of frames, so you get one bonus sanding/finishing pass. It was either that or bonus forest camo..

The other one is drying for final inspection, once the paint is set it'll be done in a few days, the other is 1 day behind.
20221023_135859.jpg

I did get ahead and get the next few done this weekend as well, I'm going to try and stack the deliveries closer:

20221023_142321.jpg

All other parts are primed and ready for final paint, all we're waiting on here is the frames, there's so many nooks and crannies I'm going at them with small picks and stamp making chisels. It's a slow process but worth the final result.

Now I'm this far along I want to start the videos, I've messaged one person to ask if I can do theirs as the video one. There's people building their own and I really want to get the vids done to help them along, and for all of you in the run I would really like to get some 'how to's on care and handing so nobody damages theirs taking a peak under the hood.

20221023_120404.jpg

So I've added one of the slightly different trigger guards into the mix, I can't film anything without a working demo at the start. That way I can show that one at the start as a demo and make the video on the other one for the step-by-step. I actually had 3 of these frames as the first 3 in the run (run was started before the change) but pulled them out of it because BeakZ and Spidey74 started after and were all doing the straight version so I didn't want to cause any headaches on a 'who gets what'.

I personally don't care about the tiny frame difference and I'm keeping one of these angled trigger guard versions as my own, so I've pushed one forward since it's so close to done I can use it for the videos and demos very quickly. I'm realizing that if I get the whole run done AND THEN start again on another for the tutorials I won't have any videos done for quite a while, and that's no fun...

In the mean time, I photographed every step of Knightmare 's build and posted it here at the bottom of the page:
GitHub - Props3D/dredd-lawgiver

I know this is crude, but it's enough to get going for some people and covers how the heel is supposed to look for those doing kits. I will add to this with the next build and the videos ARE coming.

Haha, I was going to go on but I scrolled up. I'm going to cut this here and post another update tomorrow.

Last edited:
gah, posted private message here, can't delete, will leave as placeholder for an update or something. Seriously, there's no way to delete a post?

Last edited:
Greetings Judges

This will be my final (production related) post for the Lawgivers. My three Lawgivers and one electronics kit are complete and ready for posting! The lucky Judges receiving their Lawgivers from me are (by the numbers) 3, 5 and 6. And electronics kit No.2 is ready to ship in the next day or two. Chris will contact you with details for final balances and shipping costs.

This will be a fairly heavy image post, but pictures speak a thousand words, and I'm all out of words ... kinda (buy my books):

PXL_20221024_191317755.jpg

This is everything in the electronics kit

PXL_20221024_195121892.jpg

Bench testing the kit before boxing up

PXL_20221024_195650621.jpg

In she goes

PXL_20221024_201752183.jpg

More packing on top

PXL_20221025_083145548.jpg

One of the finished Lawgivers all charged and ready for action

PXL_20221025_083159845.jpg

Ooooh

PXL_20221025_083209711.jpg

Ahhhhh

PXL_20221025_083222067.jpg

The pointy end

PXL_20221025_083301300.jpg

Stand and deliver(ed to your door)

PXL_20221025_183503419.jpg

I'll ship them all with the orange barrels installed (you know they'll get opened!)

PXL_20221025_184003246.jpg

Hello my pretties

PXL_20221025_184711158.NIGHT.jpg

Chris did an amazing job with the sights!

PXL_20221025_184953749.jpg

And the side that doesn't get as much love

PXL_20221025_185254560.jpg

Brass name plates installed

And if you have any amount of OCD, step away from the next image!

PXL_20221025_191813056.jpg

The stand, aluminium barrel and silencer are wrapped up at the front of the box with the charger. Batteries are fitted for shipping (per some rule or other)

And that's all she wrote. They grow up so fast!

It has been an absolute pleasure working with Chris and Craig on this run, sharing the ups and downs of producing even a small run such as this (for me anyway, Chris' hands are suffering!). There has been a vast amount of knowledge attained while figuring out how to machine parts, finish them to a standard that keeps us on our toes and deliver something I hope you have a lot of fun and enjoyment with. I think with the accumulated knowledge, any future run (of these or other props) will benefit immensely.

I'll take my leave now, but I will be watching these threads for updates and pictures from the new homes our props find themselves in. Please keep in touch, 3, 5 and 6 ... it's been a journey .

As always, stay ... ah my thesaurus finally ran out of words ...

BeakZ

paulchallis.com

Chris, BeakZ and Craig first let me express my immense gratitude to you all. It has been for me and I am sure fellow RPFer aka Judges!! To watch this run from beginning to home stretch. The communication, photography, artisanship fun rivalry and obviously some of the heartache and pain behind the scenes. We are on the outside just watching and being so blessed to be a part of this run. All I can say is that words are just not enough to express how HAPPY we are with this run. Let me also say this would NOT have happened if it was not for your guys level of commitment and sheer determination to deliver not just a working prop. It’s also piece of art to be used for cosplay or displayed created and built by you guys. Thank you, THANK YOU!!! Oh yeah!! HUGE MIC DROP AGAIN!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words enterprise0216! This has been a heck of an experience, not to be repeated soon but certainly not never ;)

jds12 Thanks for being so patient, I'm trying to make sure all of these are finished to the point I feel bad sending it off rather than keeping it. As such there's been a lot of resanding and refinishing to get it just right. I'm just about there! enterprise0216 rolandblais asavage you're following close behind. I'm going to use some of my outstanding vacation pay to take the rest of the week off and do a 4 day power session, we'll see where I get.

And for the last 7, Craig and I between us have shelves of parts in various stages of finishing, they're coming!
20221026_195726.jpg

(jds12 on the right, most parts are top coated and curing with a few left that are being refinished. Other 3 are base coated, some final paint, some top coated, etc. All electronics are done and tested).

Props3D - no issue at all. I greatly appreciate the amount of work and care and attention placed on this particular build - beyond amazing! I am very excited to receive the final product but please do not feel rushed in any way as you have gone above and beyond.

I'm sure you have had a blast on this one but I'm also sure you will be glad to see the end of it and move on to your next exciting project.

Thanks for the kind words enterprise0216! This has been a heck of an experience, not to be repeated soon but certainly not never ;)

jds12 Thanks for being so patient, I'm trying to make sure all of these are finished to the point I feel bad sending it off rather than keeping it. As such there's been a lot of resanding and refinishing to get it just right. I'm just about there! enterprise0216 rolandblais asavage you're following close behind. I'm going to use some of my outstanding vacation pay to take the rest of the week off and do a 4 day power session, we'll see where I get.

And for the last 7, Craig and I between us have shelves of parts in various stages of finishing, they're coming!
View attachment 1632099
(jds12 on the right, most parts are top coated and curing with a few left that are being refinished. Other 3 are base coated, some final paint, some top coated, etc. All electronics are done and tested).

Can't wait. This is giving me more time to get the rest of the gear together. Coupled with a new job... I'll be ready to go for next Halloween.

OMG. I honestly am in awe of the beauty and ABSOLUTE completeness of this piece!!! I just got home and it was there next to the gate, went in the house like a kid that got the golden ticket and then started opening it. Packaging and transport PERFECT, no issues whatsoever. I have no words to even begin describing this fantastic PROP. No doubt pictures will start rolling in from others, and I'll join in as well, but d@mn this is nice.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back