Limited Run Dredd Lawgiver 2012 Full Electronics and Action

Chris - When do you think you'll have the 3rd vid up? Seems like you're using a flat black for the body and satin/semi gloss black for the slide - correct?
1~2 weeks? I already have a full cut of it, so it'll be faster, but the 'full cut' I have now is over 3hrs long,

You're correct for the paint, it's Tamiya flat black for the body and golden carbon black for the cowl.

1~2 weeks? I already have a full cut of it, so it'll be faster, but the 'full cut' I have now is over 3hrs long,

Thats great. Looking forward to watching it.

Another ? on the paint. Does the "LAWGIVER" plate on the right side of the pistol grip go in gold?

Edit -

Forgot to mention. I started a new thread showing my progress with this build.

Dredd 2012 Lawgiver build

Ok, that took a lot longer than expected, again. Had reshoots, things that didn't line up, and sooo much going on it life and work.

So all in that was over 50 hours of shooting, hundreds of hours editing, and almost 6 hours of final footage when I cut it down to as short as would provide everyone with a good experience.

Feedback would be much appreciated, I think this project overall was a fantastic trial by fire and learning experience. I'll post a few 'lessons learned' posts as a follow up but for now I'm excited I can at least call this project 'done' in it's entirety. I will be in the fetal position if you need me..

Congratulations on finishing this amazing project. I still consider myself extremely fortunate to have been able to receive one and stare with wonder at it daily.

Thank you again for the dedication and I greatly look forward to your next exciting creations and projects!

Hi, stunning work ! Can i buy a fully assembled one from you …serious interest from a serious collector . Thanks !
Mikepasquale, He is not making them anymore. You need to read a couple pages back of this thread run so you are caught up. He is offering the files for folks to build their own Lawgivers. He is also doing videos to literally walk a person step to step till completion. Good luck building.

Below is a post from Props3D thread #191
Reiteration on continuing the run: This is completely unsustainable for me to do ongoing. I make a fraction of my day job rate and I have 2 kids that need deserve attention, especially at this time of year.

As a one time thing this has been perfect: The money I've raised has been reinvested in my YouTube set for tutorials in the form of new lights, better cameras, better machining tools, and shop infrastructure. Since this is something I do for free it's very Zen for these two things to balance out. https://www.youtube.com/c/Props3D/about

I also have years of designs I want to release but I've been leery to do so with my sub-optimal setup. So the time spent on the run prevents me from releasing new models temporarily but will give me the leg up on quality to do the tutorial videos rights. My goal is to drop the models and the videos at the same time so you're able to build them as soon as you get the models. This next one up is a full electronic Mando blaster I did when S1 came out so the time's ticking on releasing it by S3.
View attachment 1642959
So I gotta keep a tight reign on this, I've calculated the run to raise just as much as I need and no more, not to mention creating a project to collaborate with two of the other best makers I know to form a project team. BeakZ is an amazing machinist and did all the metal parts for the run and there's no way I could have done half the cool features without Spidey74 's insane code wizardry.

As soon as I've done the last of my commitment to the run I'll be doing the videos and you can see just how much work this takes to finish at the level I've done for the run. If you're doing your own you have the option to just print and go, so it doesn't require a lot of post-processing if you don't want to.

And since this run thread is getting long, remember that all of this is free and open source for personal use: GitHub - Props3D/dredd-lawgiver

enterprise0216 Thanks for that, bang on.

mikepasquale this is the only one of my free 3D model releases I've done a run for, it was great fun but in the end it's a huge amount of work and not sustainable as a product. It was never intended to be. I asked Michael VK, the original prop designer, if he would be ok with me doing this limited run, and he kindly agreed. So even if I did want to make more a deal is a deal.

I've made the models free for all, as has Spidey74 with the code, and spent countless hours producing documentation and simple step by step videos on how to make your own. So I hope this inspires you, and others, to get in on the fun and make your own.

If you want help/inspiration go to props3d.pro, there's a link to my discord on there and you'll find a lot of people building, asking questions, and some awesome community mods.

Last edited:
Mikepasquale, He is not making them anymore. You need to read a couple pages back of this thread run so you are caught up. He is offering the files for folks to build their own Lawgivers. He is also doing videos to literally walk a person step to step till completion. Good luck building.

Below is a post from Props3D thread #191
Thank you so much brother I appreciate your response!

enterprise0216 Thanks for that, bang on.

mikepasquale this is the only one of my free 3D model releases I've done a run for, it was great fun but in the end it's a huge amount of work and not sustainable as a product. It was never intended to be. I asked Michael VK, the original prop designer, if he would be ok with me doing this limited run, and he kindly agreed. So even if I did want to make more a deal is a deal.

I've made the models free for all, as has Spidey74 with the code, and spent countless hours producing documentation and simple step by step videos on how to make your own. So I hope this inspires you, and others, to get in on the fun and make your own.

If you want help/inspiration go to props3d.pro, there's a link to my discord on there and you'll find a lot of people building, asking questions, and some awesome community mods.
So appreciate you and your work and talent. Thanks so much and I look forward to it.!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back