Interest DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

Hey everyone! Needing some help. I am having trouble attaching the Graflex clamp to both my Obi stunt AND my Luke V2. Its like I can't quite get them tight enough to not just fall off of the saber.

I am really struggling. Any help or tips would be so appreciated!

Also: the square nut sits on the outside of the left clamp bar, correct?

-Thanks!

The easiest way is to file the rectangular hole in the clamp bar so that it’s slightly rounded. This allows you to spin the graflex lever in-place.

Hey everyone! Needing some help. I am having trouble attaching the Graflex clamp to both my Obi stunt AND my Luke V2. Its like I can't quite get them tight enough to not just fall off of the saber.

I am really struggling. Any help or tips would be so appreciated!

Also: the square nut sits on the outside of the left clamp bar, correct?

-Thanks!
Hi James.

There's a short video at the end of this post:

Post in thread 'DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)' Interest - DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

The best way is to get it assembled over the grenade section so that it's tight on the clamp section, but not so tight that it can't be slid in to position with the lever up. Then a bit of additional tweaking with pliers to match the gap to the width of the clamp card/bubble strip. (y)

Anyone have any issues or suggestions on getting this lever to go down all the way. Tried to flip the block but it just won’t go down. If I loosen it up one turn, the lever still stays up like this and then the card slides out and you can see the “production V2” script on the sloth card. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• B930ED8E-7504-4DBC-B17F-FBBF4EDF67D2.jpeg
    B930ED8E-7504-4DBC-B17F-FBBF4EDF67D2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
If you rotate the threaded nut that the lever screws in to you can essentially loosen or tighten it by a half turn. This would allow you to loosen the lever 1.5 turns. To stop the card from sliding out you can put a layer or two of scotch tape on the back side to make it thicker.

Thanks for responding! Unfortunately, I have tried that and the lever does not go down any further. I’ll fiddle with it later tonight and see what happens.

Not too concerned about the card, I’ve used tape on those things before. Lol.

Yeah the friction area near the pin is really smooth. As a last resort, I would maybe sand that contact area to create more friction / grip. I’ve done this a few times and it’s worked pretty well. I would do it on the square washer too.. just a suggestion :)

Anyone have any issues or suggestions on getting this lever to go down all the way. Tried to flip the block but it just won’t go down. If I loosen it up one turn, the lever still stays up like this and then the card slides out and you can see the “production V2” script on the sloth card. Any suggestions?

Pardon my ignorance but, isn't the lever already in an accurate position? My V2 and motorised stunt both do the same thing, but I though the V2 lever wasn't supposed to go all the way down like a normal graflex lever would do. At least the actual prop looks exactly so on every reference picture I've seen :)

Or is there any other reason why you want to push it all the way down?

Pardon my ignorance but, isn't the lever already in an accurate position? My V2 and motorised stunt both do the same thing, but I though the V2 lever wasn't supposed to go all the way down like a normal graflex lever would do. At least the actual prop looks exactly so on every reference picture I've seen :)

Or is there any other reason why you want to push it all the way down?
Thanks for your comment. I was actually able to fix it. It was a combo of flipping and rotating the block and washer. But I got it go down more. Just needed some time to play with it.

Hard to tell how far down it goes on the real prop. Not many good angles from the lever side. More of a personal preference thing.

Attachments

• 21BE3D02-7A7E-405B-93CC-EE78830B7EC3.jpeg
    21BE3D02-7A7E-405B-93CC-EE78830B7EC3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
Thanks for your comment. I was actually able to fix it. It was a combo of flipping and rotating the block and washer. But I got it go down more. Just needed some time to play with it.

Hard to tell how far down it goes on the real prop. Not many good angles from the lever side. More of a personal preference thing.

Awesome display! What stands and display case is that?

Can I ask for those using a real clamp how did you go about removing the tabs - or have you just bent them out of the way some how.

Does anyone have a link to buy the correct switch anywhere? I have been look at various posts and I can’t find the version people settled on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back