Interest DaveP’s Luke RotJ V2 / Obi Wan ANH Motorised Stunt Prop-Replica Run (Sign Up Closed)

I'm really really glad that I chose the commission, because those parts are so beautiful I'm not sure I would've been able to weather and damage them on purpose. :p

Seriously, this looks so good it hurts. I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't wait. That run is the best ever.

Woop! They look fantastic. And I have absolute trust in you, you are putting out stellar work.

Can you cut the emitter for me please? Mine will be a ROTJ set up. Thanks.

Beautiful Dave! Sorry if I missed this, but once the emitter is separated is there anything that holds it in place / stops from spinning? Or is that the whole point?

Just to be clear, if we went for the emitter bending commission it will need to be removed from the saber by default, right?

If for some reason that is not the case, please put me down as having the emitter separated. Thanks Dave, these things are absolutely stunning.

**Request**

Hi everyone. Can I please ask a favour...

I have started to send out non-commissioned base kits today, and was not aware that UPS required a phone number. :rolleyes:

If possible, (and if I haven't already asked), it would be incredibly helpful if you could shoot me a reply to our most recent conversation, just letting me know your preferred contact number.

Had I known, I'd have asked when I confirmed everyone's order, so
apologies for being a pain.

I'll check through everyone's messages in the morning and update my info for everyone. (y)

Thanks everyone!

All the best,

Dave

P.S.

There are currently 5X Base Kits still available. No third party extras I'm afraid, but I do have additional Michell Cone knobs, and Stencils obviously. Please let me know if your interested as these are ready to go straight out. (y)

I'm so excited I could literally pop!!!! I am so excited to get my hands on mine so that I can start the weathering and painting process! What is everyone using to darken the metal a bit?

Just for clarification, will you update the invoice when each person’s item is ready to ship? I’ve never been contacted for the payment balance.

I'm so excited I could literally pop!!!! I am so excited to get my hands on mine so that I can start the weathering and painting process! What is everyone using to darken the metal a bit?
I'll be using A14 Aluma Black. Take care though (it's incredibly nasty stuff). Use PPE obviously, but dispose of it sensibly too. I can't stress enough how nasty it is! :eek:
Just for clarification, will you update the invoice when each person’s item is ready to ship? I’ve never been contacted for the payment balance.
Hi Ian,

I'm not sending out invoices for shipping/commissions until orders are literally ready to go out of the door. You've ordered a ROTJ V2 Kit, so just waiting on Wannawanga parts as well as the Pommel/Emitter Damage.

Here's a very quick update of where things are right now:
  • Everything that wasn't waiting on parts or damage commissions has been shipped at this stage.
  • All non-commissioned kits are prepped and packaged up and will be sent out as soon as the last few bit's and pieces arrive.
  • Pommel/Emitter commissions for DIY Kits are very nearly finished (I'll be posting an another big update once these are done)
Looking forward to sharing the next update. There is just so much to work though at the moment, that I wanted to get to the next milestone before posting an in-depth update.

That milestone should be in the next few days/early next week, and should be that ALL CNC'd parts for DIY kits are prepared (including Damage commissions) and awaiting third party parts before shipping. (y)

Hope that sounds ok everyone.

It's been an incredibly busy time, but things are definitely moving along nicely.

I can of course move on to commissioned builds before the additional parts come in, so there's nothing to worry about in terms of being held up. I can be busy stencilling and painting as soon as I'm done with the pommel/Emitter damage.

More soon. For now though, I'll drop off the radar again... Please feel free to DM if you have any questions and I'll get back to you ASAP :)

All the best,

Dave

I've used a bleach and water solution before, in something like 4 or 5 parts water to 1 part bleach, and was pretty happy with the results. Let it soak for a bit, maybe a couple hours, then pull it out, use steel wool to take it back and even it out, and repeat until you're happy with the results. It's not as good as the aluminum black but it is much easier to work with

Hi, I have just received my hilt
Wow beautifull!
thank you Dave
20211207_093013.jpg

20211206_201219.jpg

20211206_201130.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dave. If I want damage to the emitter and pommel, the emitter has to be separated, right?
The hilt looks awesome my dude!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back