Done / Completed Baby Yoda (Raw resin hard cast parts)

My little guy arrived today, MasterEdi smashed it the quality is awesome thanks Ed (y) (y) if your on the run your going to be stoked if you missed out I feel for you...

1.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg

I am interested in others views, after watching The Mandalorian & looking a ref pics & screen caps I was of the view the baby Yoda outer robe was some type of tanned / suede skin, based on this I picked up a deer skin but after seeing the second image in one of the FB groups it looks like a woven canvas.

12.jpeg

15.jpg

12.jpeg 15.jpg

Anyone have any tips for filling his head and adding a body? I'm guessing wire for his frame, but on the fence with what to do with his head.

Anyone have any tips for filling his head and adding a body? I'm guessing wire for his frame, but on the fence with what to do with his head.

I have not given any thought to his head, I have picked up the alloy wire that MasterEdi used, I am thinking of a simple sewn body with draw strings or tape on the neck, arms & legs with a zipper so you can fill with bean bag filler or foam to fill-out the body, this would be light weight & allow the body movement when posing.

I have not given any thought to his head, I have picked up the alloy wire that MasterEdi used, I am thinking of a simple sewn body with draw strings or tape on the neck, arms & legs with a zipper so you can fill with bean bag filler or foam to fill-out the body, this would be light weight & allow the body movement when posing.

Thats a great idea. Would love to see some progress shots

Baby Yoda Outer Robe

What are we seeing here, maybe a zipper tab or cord end of a draw-string cord which seems to show around the neck line of the outer robe.

2mag.jpg

2mag.jpg 4x.jpg

Update:

I like this YKK Antique Brass Donut Pull Zipper

615.jpg

615.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back