Done / Completed Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode 1 TPM Resin Cast Stunt Lightsaber

You’re all good! I’m just behind on getting castings out!
Absolutely no rush on my part, where I live my texts and phone calls get lost in the netherworld of the force. Just making sure I signed up right

Thanks for everything!

Finally, finally, finally had a low humidity clear day without too much of a breeze. Managed to get one painted before my neighbor started mowing his lawn blowing dust and pollen everywhere.

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

I’ll be honest, I’m glad the shop ****** up because I used the extra emitter plate to hang the saber in a wire shelf/rack

Hey Dewy. I was on the painted commission list earlier but am not there anymore. Did I miss a pm or something?

If anyone needs any inspiration to tape off the knobs, I snipped a little hole in a paper bag and used a dental tool to pack little strips of painters tape, spiraling around the hole!
IMG_9900.jpeg
IMG_9899.jpeg

And after spending an hour in 3 craft stores, this paint seems to be nice for the red button
IMG_9913.jpeg
IMG_9912.jpeg
IMG_9911.jpeg
IMG_9910.jpeg

Here's how mine turned out:

IMG_2719.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

Honestly not super happy with the black gloss. It didn't like the tape, and left a bit of residue. I did, however, love the silver. It's Duplicolor, and it's the automotive match paint, matched to Hondas. It feels very durable. Zero lifting with the tape, and it's not tacky or anything like that. Then I used antique gold rub 'n buff for the brass knob, and Italian Red Tamiya spray for the red button.

Good enough for a stunt hilt! Thanks again, Dewy !

SB

Making sure this is seen.
I think He’s still just busy with ‘real life’ work as indicated by a previous post, it’s still titled as “unlimited run” so it’s a -get to it when he gets to it- type of thing.
I feel you though I’m excited for one of these.

To quote Toy Story 2 “you can’t rush art”

I think He’s still just busy with ‘real life’ work as indicated by a previous post, it’s still titled as “unlimited run” so it’s a -get to it when he gets to it- type of thing.
I feel you though I’m excited for one of these.

To quote Toy Story 2 “you can’t rush art”

Thank you. I must have missed that update.

UPDATE 10/9/23 - As has been mentioned in other posts, I have been inundated at my day job. As such I have a couple updates:

Raw Castings - After several dozen pulls my mold is starting to show noticeable degradation. For the time being I am still getting good quality castings that are more than good enough for use as stunt sabers, but that can quickly change. I have updated the raw casting list on the first post, so please review that list and ensure your name is on it if you are interested in a raw casting! Also keep an eye out on the junkyard for the occasional rejected casting at a discount price!

Painted Commissions - For the time being I am cancelling any painted commissions beyond the first four that were signed up. If your name is still on the "Painted Commission Interest List" in the first post, I will try to get yours done! I just have not had the time these require, and I hate to leave people hanging for too long. I sincerely apologize for anyone that was holding out for one of these. If you are still interested in a raw casting please post in this thread expressing your interest. On the plus side it does look like some members have found some accurate looking paints!

Stunt Blades - I officially have all the piece parts I need to start assembling the stunt blades, I just haven't had the time. More updates to come at a later date regarding these.

Metal Emitter Parts - The overall interest for these was ultimately too low to make a run feasible at this point in time. I may revisit this project in the future, but no promises!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back