Anakin Starkiller V2 + V3 Builders kit Tutorial

Legend chassis? What is this that you speak of?!

And man, I'm excited for you! I've been in a constant state of awe and amazement since I finished building my Prusa MK2s, and that was MONTHS ago! A long time to be amazed and awed!

I refer to my Guinness stunt with motorized emitter as the Guinness legend

I am printing a chassis to hold the electric motor

Before I was using a lathed down pvc pipe to hold the motor

IMG_8426.jpg

Gotcha, well that was quick! Nice setup!!

I need to get me one of them rolling toolboxes like'AT!

Also, show us pics of the display cases!! I wanna see what's in those!! :D

Gotcha, well that was quick! Nice setup!!

I need to get me one of them rolling toolboxes like'AT!

Also, show us pics of the display cases!! I wanna see what's in those!! :D

I’m hoping it doesn’t move while the printer is printing.. I can shake it by hand but have to give it a good shove..

If it wobbles too much, I’ll put it permanently on a 2x6 frame

But these are beefy casters with locks so I think I’ll be good

Once I get home I’ll send a pic

Hey halliwax! I have a quick question for you! Do you happen to know the best method for achieving a real copper neck look? I’ve heard that powder coating is a viable option, but, if possible, I’d like to be able to get a real copper look with paint. I’ve heard that Anakin Starkiller may still have a few builder’s kits left, and I feel that it’s the absolute best possible option to do an idealized V2/V3 hybrid.

Thanks so much for all of your stellar tutorials! Even if I don’t have a saber at the moment, I love watching them!​

Hey halliwax! I have a quick question for you! Do you happen to know the best method for achieving a real copper neck look? I’ve heard that powder coating is a viable option, but, if possible, I’d like to be able to get a real copper look with paint. I’ve heard that Anakin Starkiller may still have a few builder’s kits left, and I feel that it’s the absolute best possible option to do an idealized V2/V3 hybrid.

Thanks so much for all of your stellar tutorials! Even if I don’t have a saber at the moment, I love watching them!​

Heh I cant really say of one personal copper choice. I fooled around with other props with metallic copper (which I don’t have with me to show you) but not the v2. Problem is I can’t find a off the shelf rattle can that is copper wire out the dang metallic flakes in it..

The copper I use is tamiya spray paint. I use this over rustoluem because the rustoluem has metal flake in it, this doesn’t

IMG_8691.jpg

IMG_8692.jpg

It’s also my color of choice for v3 windvane weathering

I recently have gotten this from the RC shop that helped me build the electronics for the legend. I don’t know if you can grab this off amazon or eBay but I’d check there

Thanks for the kind support on the videos!! I do this just for that! Helping people understand and a little entertainment

I have a few more to edit, but I’ve got a screaming headache and can’t look at any computer screens right now.. breaking out of this cold, and seeing the light

I got a good one coming up of me cutting a vintage bubble strip.. was it successful?! We shall see LOL

Heh I cant really say of one personal copper choice. I fooled around with other props with metallic copper (which I don’t have with me to show you) but not the v2. Problem is I can’t find a off the shelf rattle can that is copper wire out the dang metallic flakes in it..

The copper I use is tamiya spray paint. I use this over rustoluem because the rustoluem has metal flake in it, this doesn’t

View attachment 1000176

View attachment 1000177

It’s also my color of choice for v3 windvane weathering

I recently have gotten this from the RC shop that helped me build the electronics for the legend. I don’t know if you can grab this off amazon or eBay but I’d check there

Thanks for the kind support on the videos!! I do this just for that! Helping people understand and a little entertainment

I have a few more to edit, but I’ve got a screaming headache and can’t look at any computer screens right now.. breaking out of this cold, and seeing the light

I got a good one coming up of me cutting a vintage bubble strip.. was it successful?! We shall see LOL

Perfect! Thanks very much! I will definitely give this a shot!

on March 31st, 2019 I completed a goal I've had for a very long time. I've been dreaming of this since 2015 when Anakin "Dan" Starkiller did his first run of V2's. The internals of his first generation was very tight, now knowing what I know I think it still can be done on his older runs. But when I saw the room inside his new generation I knew it could now be done.

I needed to learn how to 3d Print, Trooper Trent walked me through many tutorials via video chats and i got a basic grasp. I ordered a printer and figured I'd never get it to work lol

I now had the tools, enough knowledge to be dangerous, and a Trooper Trent if i had questions. but i'm not a electronics expert. I fried my first motor setup, only to realize when taking it apart i forgot to heat shrink 1 wire..

I wanted to put a speed controller in it so the Hilt could be used on anyones cell phone, each phones camera has a different frame rate, shutter speed (im no expert in that field either, but only know from my experience with this hilt)

So i road out to a RC hobby shop next to my bothers shop. Those guys taught me A LOT!! they hooked me up with some parts and i began experimenting. I would still be struggling with motors if it wasn't for them.

but before I learned about PWM (pulse width modulators) or simply put, speed controllers. i would take a black strip on the blade and make it wider or shorter for different cameras i used.

but now with the speed controller you can dial it in to any camera with just 1 single pin stripe on the blade

i tried 14 different combinations of motors and controllers and finally dialed it in where i like..

So if I had a working prototype Jan 15th, and the hilt completed and working on March 30th. why did it take me until today to reveal it?

well i wanted to surprise everyone... I have a friend who is a professional model and dance choreographer. I work with her on a lot of projects, she agreed to be my model in the video. But while she was choreographer in California she was hired by a BIG star there (i can't go into detail because she's under a NDA, but she's choreographed for Brittney spears, justin bieber, in the past to name a few) this new connection now has her flying out every week to teach his dancers, while she was in cali her connection hooked her up with ANOTHER Star (this guys from the 80s big baggy pants lol ), and he hired her to teach his team in Florida.

so the last 6 weeks she has been flying all over the country, balancing a full time job, and going to school.. your schedules never could meet. So now you get to look at my ugly mug..

Just want to thank everyone who's helped me get here, i really appreciate it. I am starting on a new job site Monday, biggest job i've ever done, so im going to be missing in action the next couple of weeks. wont be living on therpf like i use to. So if i take awhile to respond you understand

thanks for everything

-Halliwax

DUUUUDE!!!
Do you know how hard it's been for me to keep my mouth shut about this?! LOL outstanding job, it's perfect. Even better than I hoped. Nice touch with the remote haha!

There's a point in the video where you bring the blade to that sharp angle toward the camera and the reflection fades showing the spinning blade just like on the movie. Very nostalgic feeling.
bravo, A+++. This is the coolest, star warsiest, A New Hopiest prop replica I've ever seen. Congrats.

Sanctified bovine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all you need is to get someone who knows how to do some rotoscoping :D

This is one of the absolutely greatest things I’ve ever seen on the RPF, bar none. Stunningly perfect recreation of the original effect.

And the t-shirt is the icing on the cake.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back