40" 1/2 ISD scratchbuilt [Painted !] updates 10/21

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hello all. I'm new here, but maybe some of you saw me on an other board !

Here are some pics of my second scratchbuilt project (after my 32" MF) : a 40" 1/2 (103 cm) Super Destroyer I start on June.

I hope you'll like it and let me know if you have questions !

ISD10.jpg

ISD18.jpg

ISD17.jpg

ISD21.jpg

ISD22.jpg

ISD23.jpg

ISD26.jpg

ISD31.jpg

ISD33.jpg

ISD40.jpg

ISD42.jpg

ISD43.jpg

ISD46.jpg

All the pics can be found here : http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/monsieurtox/

Last edited:
Tox I have been following your progress over at the SSM. She is looking awesome and welcome to the RPF

Greg

:confused That is absolutely...Incredible, for lack of a better word. The detail is amazing. Are those the original models they used? Where did you find the blueprints? Sorry for all the questions, but your Star Destroyer is fantastic. Can't wait to see it finished. That's a lot of work you've done since June. :thumbsup

Bill

P.S. I just saw the deflector domes you scratchbuilt on your main page. Most impressive.

That looks great. Can't wait to see it finished.

Good size too, allows for lots of great detail.

Please keep posting updates.

<div class='quotetop'>(kevoris @ Jul 18 2006, 06:24 AM) [snapback]1282940[/snapback]</div>
:confused That is absolutely...Incredible, for lack of a better word. The detail is amazing. Are those the original models they used? Where did you find the blueprints? Sorry for all the questions, but your Star Destroyer is fantastic. Can't wait to see it finished. That's a lot of work you've done since June. :thumbsup

Bill

P.S. I just saw the deflector domes you scratchbuilt on your main page. Most impressive.
[/b]

Hello .
No they are not the original models cuz mine is not SS, she's about 1/2 scale. But for example, I used a 1/72 Mathilda on the bridge (they used the 1/35 one).
I don't use blueprints, I get some values from LeeJustin for the basic shape of the hull (angles of the ribs etc...)

I'am actually working on the hangar bay lightning.

Thanks you all . =)

Tox

Unless you live in an Really big house - you're absolutely crazy - where are you going to display that ... wonderful peice of artwork :D

Jedi Dade

The Star Destroyer is probably my "Grail" model. I have wanted to build one for so long. I should do something about that. Hmmmmm

JDH

<div class='quotetop'>(streetjudge79 @ Jul 18 2006, 11:49 AM) [snapback]1283006[/snapback]</div>
Any chance we can get this as a kit later down the road?
[/b]

Sorry, but I don't have the skills to cast big parts... And the model are not designed to be casted :/

Lol Jedi Dade, that's the problem :p My girl friend is mad cuz I want to display it on the living room with the MF . And I don't plan to stop after the ISD... I'm thinking about some other projects... (Outrider, Sandcrawler, Lambda Shuttle, to complete my DS... hehe :D)

JDH, you should build this model . She is very easy to build (more than the MF), and the detailling part is very cool . :p

<div class='quotetop'>(MonsieurTox @ Jul 18 2006, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1283047[/snapback]</div>
JDH, you should build this model . She is very easy to build (more than the MF), and the detailling part is very cool . :p
[/b]

You know I may have to do that :angel

<div class='quotetop'>(streetjudge79 @ Jul 18 2006, 04:49 AM) [snapback]1283006[/snapback]</div>
Any chance we can get this as a kit later down the road?
[/b]
Not that this probably hasn't been thought of being done by many, but...

A kit... of a huge... Star Destroyer... I WOULD BE ON BOARD FOR THAT FOR SURE...

Your "Grail" is truly a dream for many.... one of mine as well. I had 3 planned for 07,... the Devestator,.. The Executor,.. and a Republic Star Destroyer with the red stripe paint scheme. The first two I have put on hold do to the enormous complexity of the Studio Scale DSII project ... so having someone do a kit??? :confused This is a no brainer for me... :D Gotta have one. :D Even at 1/2 scale she's a beauty..

Tox,.. if someone stepped up to the plate to kit it out and cast your SD,.. would you consider that and share the love?. :) I am not saying someone will, but would you consider allowing it? :confused Of course then you will run into the rivet counters with your accuracy then,.. but that seems common to boards.

This is a very interesting thread to me.

Stunning bro, simply stunning, your far too modest in our past conversations J, i was blown away by your falcon, your ISD just floors me and i bow down to pay homage lol. Gotta say guys i been talking to Tox for a while now, ive never met a more modest and humble guy with so much talent, and believe me he works very fast and has a bevy of projects on his bench, i can only hope he shows more of his stunning work, Y wing soon eh bro lol. On the ISD subject, ill just send the brim trenches J, you can determine there usage, as ill never get round to building one at that size, ill get them in the mail before i go on vacation.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Jul 18 2006, 02:38 PM) [snapback]1283074[/snapback]</div>
Tox,.. if someone stepped up to the plate to kit it out and cast your SD,.. would you consider that and share the love?. :) I am not saying someone will, but would you consider allowing it? :confused Of course then you will run into the rivet counters with your accuracy then,.. but that seems common to boards.

This is a very interesting thread to me.
[/b]

Lol Kuhn, no I'm not a rivet counters guy :p Mainly with the ISD... It's not studioscale, I never could re create all details seen of the real prop :p
I would be very glad if it was possible to cast her and very happy if I'd see the ISD on your museum :p But it's impossible to cast her, there is too many undercuts, loot at the hangar bay, it's impossible to cast it... impossible too to cast the bridge... Lot of parts would be broken with the making of the mold :(

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Jul 18 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]1283102[/snapback]</div>
Stunning bro, simply stunning, your far too modest in our past conversations J, i was blown away by your falcon, your ISD just floors me and i bow down to pay homage lol. Gotta say guys i been talking to Tox for a while now, ive never met a more modest and humble guy with so much talent, and believe me he works very fast and has a bevy of projects on his bench, i can only hope he shows more of his stunning work, Y wing soon eh bro lol. On the ISD subject, ill just send the brim trenches J, you can determine there usage, as ill never get round to building one at that size, ill get them in the mail before i go on vacation.
[/b]

Hey bro... I don't what to say... you're making me blush . :p
I met Lee on the SSM board. He was the first person who talked to me... He always helped me with advice and more (he knows what =) ). When my FM will be complete, I'll paint -instead of the ILM modelmaker's names- mine and his name .
When I check my emails, I'm always glad to see a word from him . I consider him as a real friend (I love talk with him, not only about Star Wars models, but lot of other things .). That he didn't say, that is his work is better than mine . I saw amazing models made by him . It is when I saw work like yours, Lee, that I want to continue my models .
Regarding the Y-wing bro, I guess the first complete will be not mine :p I don't know when I will make her, at the moment I'm collecting the kits to do it .

Thanks Lee .

<div class='quotetop'>(MonsieurTox @ Jul 18 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1283179[/snapback]</div>
Lol Kuhn, no I'm not a rivet counters guy :p Mainly with the ISD... It's not studioscale, I never could re create all details seen of the real prop :p
I would be very glad if it was possible to cast her and very happy if I'd see the ISD on your museum :p But it's impossible to cast her, there is too many undercuts, loot at the hangar bay, it's impossible to cast it... impossible too to cast the bridge... Lot of parts would be broken with the making of the mold :(
[/b]

Tox what you could do, depending on how far along you are, you could mold the parts that you are going to use before you attach them to the model. Or even cast groups of parts together before adding other parts that will cause undercuts. It may take more time, but you could theoretically re-create a SD whenever you want.

Greg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back