1:1 scale Ian McKellen Gandalf COMPLETED! Pics Page 3

Re: WIP of my 1:1 scale Ian McKellen Gandalf UPDATED!

The paint application exudes realism. I cannot wait to see him complete with hair.

Wow! Really fanastic work!
The sculpt is amazing and the paint job is simply astounding!

Thank all of you guys for all your kind words! I really appreciate it more than you know!

I've got all sorts of hair samples laying around, so that is the next step for me. I don't want to settle on lack-luster hair after all this time in old Gandalf! I think I've decided on some NFT blends, but I still have a couple of more tests to do. I'll definitely keep you all posted! Thanks again!!!

Scott

Wow, the skin tones are looking phenomenal! Incredible sculpting detail too.

Beautiful job on this, from the sculpt to the paint work!
The details of the skin folds and wrinkles are just WOW, I can't wait to see it in all it's hairy glory :D

Thanks again guys! I have a brand new hackle coming Fed Ex 2nd day, so that means as soon as monday I could begin blending hair. I also have a couple more samples coming, so I might change plans once I see those. I'll keep you all posted!

Amazing sculpt, amazing skin texture and amazing paint job. You will nail this one for sure. Congrats! can't wait to see more

Well friends, I have put the final touches on old Ian McKellen this weekend and had it photographed last night. The base itself lights up with glowing Tengwar script stating, "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them."

It is my intention to convert this one to a full-standing version once the robes come in from a friend of mine.

I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions or are interested in a particular commission, please don't hesitate to PM me!

P1060008.jpg

P1060009.jpg

P1060018.jpg

P1060016.jpg

P1060015.jpg

P1060029.jpg

P1060033.jpg

P1060038.jpg

OMG!!!! :eek That is simply amazing...would love to be able to have you comissioned to do Dean and Sam from Supernatural....simply WOW!!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back