The Walking Dead Season 3

That would be quite a distance for someone to tail Rick & co. without being spotted.

And I liked the fact that they set up the Governor with a gun under the table and never referenced it again. Raised the tensions for the viewers.

I couldn't believe that Rick wasn't smart enough to figure he had a gun under the table and to sit to the side. Not to mention DON'T DRINK THE DRINK THE BAD GUY TRIES TO GIVE YOU!!! :rolleyes Rick and Daryll should have known the Governor or his people were there already because they found a dead zombie. I was hoping Rick would just blow him away because I think that would stop the whole thing. His main guy, that was taunting Daryll, didn't act like he wants a fight.

This was posted elsewhere by robiwon but it's funny as hell.
150426_10200332965701293_510840578_n.jpg

A few people are probably going to die before the end of the season.

I wish it would be Andrea, but she will probably make it.

Here is my top 5 list in order of who I think is most likely to die before the end of the season.

The Governor
Hershel
Milton
Merle
Carol

The Governor just simply has to die. Hershel has mobility issues. Milton isn't suited for life in a zombie apocalypse. The only reason Merle isn't already dead is because they like Daryl. I can't remember the last time Carol did anything.

The tip of the katana came about when swordsmiths tried to optimize the blades strength, hardness and ability to hold an edge. The only aspect they specifically incorporated into the blade for thrusting was the blood groove. Early blade designs didn’t have these and when thrusted into a body a hydrolock would form around the blade making it difficult to withdraw. The blood groove allows for an air pocket to prevent this.

If you're referring to what would be called a fuller on a western sword you're info is wrong. Everything I've read says that the fuller was a means of reducing the weight of the blade without sacrificing much, if any, blade strength. Also, I'm no expert on katanas but I can't recall ever seeing one with a fuller, I seem to recall all katanas, no-dachis, and tahis as having fullerless blades.

As to the curvature, where did you read that it was the forging process that cause the curve? I've never heard that one before, I always believed that it was an intentional part of the katanas design to give it better cutting power much like scimitars and sabers are curved in order to cut better.

Re: Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

If you're referring to what would be called a fuller on a western sword you're info is wrong. Everything I've read says that the fuller was a means of reducing the weight of the blade without sacrificing much, if any, blade strength. Also, I'm no expert on katanas but I can't recall ever seeing one with a fuller, I seem to recall all katanas, no-dachis, and tahis as having fullerless blades.

As to the curvature, where did you read that it was the forging process that cause the curve? I've never heard that one before, I always believed that it was an intentional part of the katanas design to give it better cutting power much like scimitars and sabers are curved in order to cut better.

You have your info correct. A fuller basically turns a blade into an I-beam. Also, the curvature of the blade is a result of the quenching process. It was discovered that the curvature made it better for close quarters combat, and so the quenching process was never altered. It doesn't necessarily increase the cutting power, merely the power at close ranges. Like I said previously, you can thrust with a katana if you use the proper technique, but it's more difficult than using a katana for what it was made for, or using a thrusting sword for what it was made for.

But enough of this argument. I'm gonna agree with some of you on the music. It's okay, but it feels odd and reminds me too much of other "popular" shows. Which is so hipster sounding, ugh.

The walkers in the yard are like guard dogs. Harder to get in with them there. At least when Rick and the gang are entering and exiting the prison, someone is there to open and lock the gate. Anyone rushing the gate, will have wallkers to deal with and attacking the prison, you'd have defenders in front of you and walkers behind you

Thing is, all the guv'na has to do is drive a vehicle into the gate or any fence and you don't have to worry too much about the walkers. That 5 ton truck they took from the military would crash the fence very easily as well as crush any walkers in the way just as much ease and little to no worry about collateral damage to the truck.

Truth be told, the Governor really doesn't even need to crash the fence, all he has to do is stand off at about 500 - 600 yards (outside of the effective range of Rick's M4s) and shoot the prison up with his .50s. The prison may be pretty strong and would probably easily resist most small arms fire but I doubt that the walls are going to stop a .50 round and I'm sure that he has several M2s on the various vehicles that he took from the military. Plus, if he wanted to, he could also use his M2s as improvised sniper rifles like Marine sniper Carlos Hathcock did during the Vietnam War.

Last edited:
Thing is, all the guv'na has to do is drive a vehicle into the gate or any fence and you don't have to worry too much about the walkers. That 5 ton truck they took from the military would crash the fence very easily as well as crush any walkers in the way just as much ease and little to no worry about collateral damage to the truck.

Truth be told, the Governor really doesn't even need to crash the fence, all he has to do is stand off at about 500 - 600 yards (outside of the effective range of Rick's M4s) and shoot the prison up with his .50s. The prison may be pretty strong and would probably easily resist most small arms fire but I doubt that the walls are going to stop a .50 round and I'm sure that he has several M2s on the various vehicles that he took from the military. Plus, if he wanted to, he could also use his M2s as improvised sniper rifles like Marine sniper Carlos Hatchock did during the Vietnam War.

If he crashes the fence, he still has to get into the prison. The walkers in the yard are now also moving towards the prison. He now has them to deal with also.

The 50's would be effective but the group just has to go deeper into the prison. They could hold off a larger group in the hallways, picking them off as they are advancing. Also, the Gov's group still has to get thru all the locks once inside, they can't just walk in. Every obstacle they come across leaves them as targets.

The curvature is partially defined by the smith and during the hardening process when the sword is cooled by water or oil, the steel changes from Austenit crystal grid to Martensit Diffusionless transformation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, the underside of the sword expands and the upper shortens, therefor the curvature of the sword is caused.

Milton is going to help Rick and prison out. He doesnt like how the gov is looking to just destroy everything they comes across. Milton with the dagger..go classic julius ceaser.

If he crashes the fence, he still has to get into the prison. The walkers in the yard are now also moving towards the prison. He now has them to deal with also.

That's easy enough to deal with, you can either just crash the gate and then have a follow up vehicle come right behind and block the opening or you have a rear guard detailed to watch the assault team's backs.

The 50's would be effective but the group just has to go deeper into the prison. They could hold off a larger group in the hallways, picking them off as they are advancing. Also, the Gov's group still has to get thru all the locks once inside, they can't just walk in. Every obstacle they come across leaves them as targets.

If they do withdraw deeper in to the prison then the Governnor essentially wins. All he has to do at that point is surround and secure the prison perimeter to make sure no one gets in or out and lay siege to the prison, starve them out.

Normal military doctrine dictates that you need a 3 - 1 advantage when attacking a well defended opponent but I think that it won't matter in this case because of the Governor's firepower advantage and general ruthlessness. I'd also argue that the governor has Rick outnumbered by more than 3 - 1 and while the prison is a pretty secure location it's hardly an impenetrable fort and was designed to keep people in, not out.

How large a fighting force does the Governor actually have? I haven't seen an overhelming number and most seem to be constantly and conspiciously posted on the front gate.
It wouldn't an issue at all to take those sentries out and cut the fighting power by...half?

What kills me is the LACK of proper planning on the prison part. I mean NO defensive perimeter or objects, no armored up areas where people can "nest" with little worry of getting shot, how the HELL did that guy from town get into the prison tower without being spotted? No traps , you can't tell me Daryl doesn't know at least 50 different ways to set nearly invisible fatal or near fatal traps.

Seriously HUGE problems with the story IMHO. The FIRST item on the agenda when they took the prison should have been defensive posture, then food and water.

Oh, and Andrea MUST die soon, I can not STAND her any more. To the point where if she has any more than a bit part in the episode I play angry birds until she is off screen.

The gov cant have much of a fighting force other than normal town folks now. Maybe his 2nd in command that was in the last episode and that chick ( not andrea) that is gun ho. plus maybe 3 other dudes that seem to be always watching the fence / gate.

Prison has 3 straight up killers..The brothers n ninja girl. they could sneak into town and mess some crap up. plus they already know the town lay outs n sweet spots. Big bodda boom

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back