The Walking Dead Season 3

The walkers in the yard are like guard dogs. Harder to get in with them there. At least when Rick and the gang are entering and exiting the prison, someone is there to open and lock the gate. Anyone rushing the gate, will have wallkers to deal with and attacking the prison, you'd have defenders in front of you and walkers behind you

Anyone else get the feeling they're going to start clumsily shoehorning songs into every episode in a lame attempt to sell thier song compilation soundtracks ( instead of, you know, the actuall soundtrack.)

AMEN!

I wish they would let Bear McCreary release the great music he has wrote for this series.

When Bears music hits, it's hits hard. Really adds emotion to the scenes they are chose for. My fav track is the one we heard during the bicycle girl scene in season one. They play it strategically, and when they do, it's awesome.

If you guys like Bear's music, you should definitely listen to his music from the RIS BSG series. For some odd reason, there are tracks in The Walking Dead that remind me of tracks from BSG.

Anyone else get the feeling they're going to start clumsily shoehorning songs into every episode in a lame attempt to sell thier song compilation soundtracks ( instead of, you know, the actuall soundtrack.)

Sadly they figured out they can make money off it thanks to the NCIS music cds selling well.

You can blame Darabont for the music, since he included music towards the end of nearly every episode of Season 1, which carried over into several episodes in Season 2 and Season 3.

But honestly, there's some songs I like that I didn't even hear before they were in the show, such as "Civilian" by Wye Oak and "Hold On" by Tom Waits (though I'm familiar with his acting, I never really heard any of his music before). And I was actually pleased to hear the classic "Driver's Seat" by Sniff 'n' the Tears once again (even for only a few seconds) and "Saturday Night Special" by Lynyrd Skynyrd in the show.

Besides, it's not like it's EVERY episode. I mean, I can name more episodes that didn't end with artists music than those that did.

And look at the bright side: It's not some crappy teeny-pop music like Justin Bieber or Katy Perry that they're using.

Last edited:
I liked the use of songs in the first two seasons. Lately it seems more forced. The song near the end just didn't seem to fit at all and last week it kind of stuck,out as well. It was used sparingly in the first two seasons, but I have a feeling it will be used more and more.

There are some bootleg soundtracks out ther of Bears Music mostly taken from tracks that are freely available off his website.

I liked the use of songs in the first two seasons. Lately it seems more forced. The song near the end just didn't seem to fit at all and last week it kind of stuck,out as well.

Actually, it didn't stick out to me. In fact, it was most fitting in tone and in lyrics, primarily because the song is about death and being "lead home" from the darkness. If you apply it, it's about Rick being lead back not just to Kings County, but to being lead back to a state of normality from the state of being too far insane like he had been the past few episodes. Another way you can look at that song is that its a song about redemption, to which both Rick and Morgan appear to be seeking at this point in their existences, but not yet have reached (remember what Rick told Morgan? "You HAVE to come back from this." And as pointed out from one of the guests on Talking Dead, Morgan is basically a possible future representation of what Rick could become if he himself doesn't come back from the edge).

Or Hershel and Miltons little conversation about Milton wanting to see his leg, and Hershel saying "Shouldn't you ask me out to dinner first" LOL......... Ohhhh Hershel.

Recognized Milton's journal as soon as I saw it, since I was writing in one earlier yesterday :lol

Moleskine - Set of 3 Ruled Journals - Kraft Brown - Pocket

s0481070_sc7

I dunno, I'm not sure if we can really discount the idea that the Governor had Rick followed back to Kings County. I mean clearly he's having them watched. If it was me and I saw a vehicle leaving, I would follow it as obviously it has to be important if they're leaving the safety of the prison.

The governor clearly knows alot more about Rick other than the extramarital affairs of Lori. I'm sure Andrea told him where he was from too. His goons wouldn't even have to follow too closely either as I'm sure there isn't anything really in the direction they were headed other than home. They could of scoped him out at Morgan's and see him walking away with the guns.

I almost have the feeling that we're gonna see Morgan become the governors hostage towards the end of the season. Something to get Rick to surrender.

I've been watching this show from the beginning and it has seriously held my interest throughout all the seasons. I catch myself yelling at the TV when things bother me. For instance, Rick not allowing Tyreese and his group to stay at the prison. I am under the impression that a larger group would be a stronger group. Perhaps this would be a character flaw in case the zombie apocalypse happens but that is just my opinion.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back