The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by MooCriket, Apr 10, 2012.

1. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

2. jax

jax Active Member

I'm going to have to make it to a shoot this year.

3. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

4. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My friend and I are going to try and make it down there while Production is going on

5. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

I'd love to be a walk on zombie in the show.

6. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

I have been able to pick out just about all the characters in that cover. Pretty sweet, but not so much if I am right about who I think is to the right of Rick's boot:cry

7. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I read the comic in trade format so I'm a few issues behind until they release the next one so I'm a little scared to really check it out in detail in the event someone bites it that I haven't read yet.

8. Feezle-Nuts

Feezle-Nuts Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Who? I can't make out any details.

Does kinda suck that the prominent character in the foreground dies.

9. Haxwear

Haxwear New Member

Cant wait for this. TWD has to be my single favorite TV show on the planet. I love all things zombie

10. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Michionne. You can see what appears to be her hooded to the right of his boot.

11. Feezle-Nuts

Ugh....good catch....or bad catch....depends.

I would say that this cover is some kind of metaphor but there is one obvious character missing from the pile.

12. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Well-Known Member

13. robstyle

robstyle Master Member

I heard today that someone will not be losing a hand this season, just sayin.

14. Feezle-Nuts

I believe that. That would take too much prep work for every scene Rick is in for the rest of the show's lifespan. It also makes it a lot more difficult for him to shoot zombies. Having a comic book character deal with it is one thing, making an actor adapt and still do his job is different.

Also, I think T-Dog will be the one losing his hand. I think Merle will be the one cutting it off. Eye for an eye.

15. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Maybe Token will get a line to respond to him with.

16. Damrod

Damrod New Member

Just gotta wait till October..........

17. CelticRuins

CelticRuins Sr Member

Well then that's Glenn on the left of his leg. I don't think that's them. Well...I hope not. I don't see Michonne getting axed. She's too strong of a character and too careful.

18. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

Hope your right. Also I don't think we will ever see Rick loose a limb. Kirkman has said repeatedly that it was a mistake to do that in the comic. I hope to see the cannibal plot line play out.

19. Nomolos95

Nomolos95 New Member

It's a shame that so many characters have met their end earlier in the series than in the comic as there are so many great things that could be done from as mentioned the cannibalism to the assault from the governor...
    seriously can't wait for it to return!!!

20. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

That is the main reason why I am enjoying that the series is only loosely based on the comic. I'm hopeful that some characters will not make an exit.

21. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Sr Member

I just want to know when Carl will finally stay in the house.

22. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

You know, I'm going to add my two cents here about the cover.

You guys have to understand that covers are meant to draw in the audience. I can tell you I've got quite a few comics that have covers that really don't show up in the comic. For example, from The Walking Dead, I have read Book 1 (which has Volumes 1 and 2, which covers the Atlanta and Hershel's Farm stories). But I have never seen any panels in the comic in the first volume that looks exactly like this, or this, or even this. Though they're close, they're not exact.

My point is that the covers don't always spoil what's happening in the story, sometimes not even exactly like it is in the comic and sometimes don't even feature what's in the story. I cite another post-apocalyptic comic series, Crossed, where each cover has those who are Crossed committing horrific crime and acts of violence that are not even seen in the story. When it comes to the character of Rick, I think the cover itself reflects his emotional state. It's not only the weight of those in his group that has died that haunts him, but those that are still alive in his group dying as well, as well as the enemies of the story that haunt him as well. I think this cover just reflects his pain for those who have lost their lives (in more ways than the obvious) due to this situation and the fear of losing those who are still alive with him.

Of course, I could very well be wrong in my interpretation or opinion. For all we know, the cover could be an up-front, "This is gonna happen" image.

23. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2p9umLqA01r8s1nyo1_500.png
    True, however in that cover we do see many of the people that have died so far. As far as my speculation on the major character...it has been a very long time since that person wore an outfit like that, so it could be someone else or simply a tease that will never happen. Also lately, some of the covers are matching up to what happens in the comic.

We will see.

24. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

25. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

26. .:MirrorminD:.

.:MirrorminD:. Sr Member

27. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Like a BOSS!

28. CelticRuins

CelticRuins Sr Member

I think she looks *'.

I CAN'T WAIT.

29. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

Mirror, she looks AWESOME! I just wonder if Carl is going to FINALLY die.

30. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

Probably. Even if they lock him in a cell, he'll somehow get out.

31. .:MirrorminD:.

I agree with the masses now. At first glance there was something i thought seemed off, but i like it now.

As for Carl, i'd be fine with the bullet to the eye ;)

32. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

'The Walking Dead' first look of Danai Gurira as Michonne | Inside TV | EW.com

Kirkman says, “The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne — remains intact from the comics. But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.”

“We looked at a lot of talented people that were really fantastic, but we were waiting for that one spark, that moment where everyone was completely in agreement and completely excited, and we felt like we had found the essence of this fictional character that just randomly appeared in another person, and that person was Danai Gurira. She kind of came in and really just blew us all away. She’s got incredible presence, and she’s got a theater background, and is very physical, and was just perfect for the role.”

33. .:MirrorminD:.

^^^Uh I guess you didnt see the link to the same article a few posts up from you?

:)

34. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I noticed the picture, but I saw your link after I posted the quotes. Along with the picture, I just wanted to highlight Kirkman's words about the role and the actress.

35. .:MirrorminD:.

Its all good, I was saying it more so to be a smart @ss :)

36. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

She absolutely looks the part!

37. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

38. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

39. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

40. Aenigma

Aenigma New Member

Cannot wait for this, loved the previous two seasons, I have never read the comics, do you recommend them?

Thanks Amanda

41. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

The comics are infinitely better than the tv show.

42. Cyber

Cyber Active Member

The comics are much better than the TV series, and obviously the plots and characters are much more developed due to the the comics long running nature.
    But I do think the TV series has captured some of the essence of the comic.

Being in the UK I am only part way through season 2 but am enjoying it, and already looking forward to season 3.

43. Aenigma

Aenigma New Member

Ah great I may have to give the comics a go :D although I ain't read a comic in a while. What number would you recommend me going too? As I don't want to read any spoilers that will be in the tv series.

Thanks Amanda :)

44. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I'd recommend reading the first 2 volumes if you'd prefer not to read any spoilers before Season 3. There are currently 16 volumes.

Now the real question is are you going to be able to stop yourself from reading past volume 2. The comic is pretty addictive.

45. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

I was not able to stop myself, but I enjoy both the show and comic for different reasons. Books will also be better, but the show picked up and by all accounts this new season should be banging!

46. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

Our first glimpse of David Morrissey as the governor from The Walking Dead season 3. He looks nothing like the comics.

[​IMG]

47. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

48. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

MWAHAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT!!

Jk :p

49. .:MirrorminD:.

Ya he looks all wrong, no eye patch, hair, etc... Ill wait to see him in action before making a final judgement. But not really liking it

50. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

David Morrissey is a * fine actor, I think he will be a great addition to the cast