Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Re: === G R A F L E X === Flashgun ... NOW SHIPPING!!!

I've been seeing posts referring to the MPP run being a reality, but haven't seen where Roman confirmed it. Is it officially happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once he gets the initial quotes I am going to be mailing him one or both of my MPPs for measurements (same as I did for the graflex project), so from my end it seems to be happening. :)

Wow, that's exciting. I love the Heiland I scored in the fall, but it's got the rectangular ports and the socket is just all wrong for me to do a conversion.

Sometimes I hate the RPF. Wait, scratch that. Most of the time my wallet and bank account hate the RPF.

I built a 2.0 last year in time for my girlfriend to use at Dragon Con with her Rey costume.

I have a Romans and two spare clamps in hand, along with two different conversion kits and a bottom on the way (ordered before the replica arrived). Had I known about the issues, I would not have ordered both conversions kits. Because now I'm keeping the internals intact, converting one bottom to ANH, and keeping the spare bottom intact for use as a flash or flash prop. Now I gotta get my hands on a flash reflector and bulb. They don't make affordable replica cameras, do they? :lol

Ordered my TGS kit, and will convert that since it was built for electronics and has options for stamping and no stamping. Hopefully the finish will match my current standalone Romans clamps. If things work out great, then I'll pick up another spare bottom or two for the multiple movie conversions, which is what I was hoping to do with Romans.

Still debating about my currently on order TGS blade holder. We'll see if I stick with that or choose one of the other options (because I wanted a 1" blade holder personally). Again, my wallet and bank account hate the RPF.

Got notification my label printed (May 2016 order - from the website)! Can't wait to get it in my hands.

And, I know it won't be official until the thread is made, but I am 100% ready to be in on the MPP run. :love

Question -

I have a geniune beer tab in my greebly box which i may use on this saber.
How hard is it to replace a beer tab?

- - - Updated - - -

Once he gets the initial quotes I am going to be mailing him one or both of my MPPs for measurements (same as I did for the graflex project), so from my end it seems to be happening. :)

Excellent news!

Btw which version MPP do you have?

Beer tab replacement on a real one is a pain, I've done it with a punch and such before, should be the same on this. Once replaced it may not be overly secure though. A dab of epoxy may be wise.

Excellent news!

Btw which version MPP do you have?

I have two. The first has a one step shroud, a large B port, the silver straight edged side bars, and the correct bottom with the inscribed circles in the black base. ANH

The second also also has the one step shroud, a large B port, the correct bottom with the inscribed circles, and it has the black trapezoid sidebars. ESB/ROTJ

The only "downside" is that the shroud is the more common thinner walled shroud, not the thick walled shroud we see on the ESB/ROTJ hero. That dimension would have to be extrapolated and added to the models.

I have two. The first has a one step shroud, a large B port, the silver straight edged side bars, and the correct bottom with the inscribed circles in the black base. ANH

The second also also has the one step shroud, a large B port, the correct bottom with the inscribed circles, and it has the black trapezoid sidebars. ESB/ROTJ

The only "downside" is that the shroud is the more common thinner walled shroud, not the thick walled shroud we see on the ESB/ROTJ hero. That dimension would have to be extrapolated and added to the models.

Awesome!

Cant wait!

Just received mine in Oz , holy cow , the wait was soooooo worth it wonderful work mate:) Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Just received mine in Oz , holy cow , the wait was soooooo worth it wonderful work mate:) Thank you

Beer tab replacement on a real one is a pain, I've done it with a punch and such before, should be the same on this. Once replaced it may not be overly secure though. A dab of epoxy may be wise.

Uggh.
Thanks for the info.

In case my new steel shroud turns out nicely maybe my 3D model can be used. Like you said, it's slightly modified to match the real prop. Maybe I can even supply Roman with my cast parts if he wants!

Romans conversion kits or wannawanga? Only problem is I don't have access to tools etc.....however would like the most accurate.....any input be appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have up to date tracking the whole time?
Mine seems to have left Chicago a week ago, but no update since. No handover to AusPost or landing in destination country or anything.
I want it now!

Did you have up to date tracking the whole time?
Mine seems to have left Chicago a week ago, but no update since. No handover to AusPost or landing in destination country or anything.
I want it now!

Usually USPS tracking is up to date. For this and one other I got from Roman, it had an El Paso point of origin and the nothing until it reached my hometown PO.

Romans conversion kits or wannawanga? Only problem is I don't have access to tools etc.....however would like the most accurate.....any input be appreciated

While I only have experience with Roy's kits, you won't go wrong with either. Both are quality reproductions. If you are in fact located in the U.K. you may want to look into Roy's to receive it faster. But I believe Roman's kits are pre-cut and drilled? (Someone will correct me) So that may be beneficial to you. Good luck!

Romans are pre cut, pre-angled for ANH, and pre-notched for ESB & TFA. In this thread, I asked if there were any differences in the T-tracks between ESB and TFA, and Roman said no. Per others who have received their conversion kits, they are made similar to the 2.0 grips in look and feel, they just don't have the pegs like the 2.0s.

Mine also appears to be stuck at El Paso point of origin since Jan. 6

Usually USPS tracking is up to date. For this and one other I got from Roman, it had an El Paso point of origin and the nothing until it reached my hometown PO.

Im sure he printed a ton a shipping labels on the 6th (as mine also says shipping label created in EL Paso) and he just hasn't gotten each one of them to the post office yet.

I've had USPS shipments that would be stuck waiting for receipt package and then upon delivery would update. I've never had it be as timely or informative as UPS or FedEx. FWIW, my label was created Jan 7 and is still at that point. No biggie.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back