Limited Run === G R A F L E X === Flashgun Gen.2 ... now taking PRE-ORDERS!!! New Pics Oct. 5

Re: === G R A F L E X === Flashgun ... NOW SHIPPING!!!

So here's a question...

Got mine today and one of them is perfect! The other has a problem with the red button. I was able to get it started and it freely spins about half a turn. Then it gets stuck again and you can tell that one side is higher than the other, like it's cross-threaded. I can spin it back that half a turn no problem, but no further. Any ideas?

Sometimes when I try to put the red button through the beer tab & into the flash at the same time, it gets stuck. BUT when I first put the button through the beer tab, then I try to attach to the flash... it rarely sticks. That should work. :)

Sometimes when I try to put the red button through the beer tab & into the flash at the same time, it gets stuck. BUT when I first put the button through the beer tab, then I try to attach to the flash... it rarely sticks. That should work. :)

Sorry, I didn't describe that well the first time. I'm trying to remove the red button from a replica just out of the box. I can't get it more than half a turn, but that half turn is nice and fluid. This is where it looks like it is cross-threaded as one side is noticeably higher than the other.

However, what you describe worked great putting the button back on the second replica!

Roman I just got mine and I absolutely love it. I'll post my video review later if youtube decides to work. Anyway, I have a question. My Roy's TFA clamp card isn't fitting into my clamp. It simply won't slide in, and I've tried to give it a bit of force and it chipped the paint off of the card and scratched the plastic. So why won't it fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine fits fine. You must have it clamped too tight. Mine is occasionally tight when the clamp is undone to a point where the bars are separating and kind of curving, which puts tension on the card and makes it hard to pull out, but then you just need to tighten it so they level out again and it can slide out.

Mine fits fine. You must have it clamped too tight.

I thought that's what it was too. But I loosened the clamp and that didn't help any

16deaaa41090dabe76417cbf985ca1e0.jpg

If you look at the bottom of the right clamp edge there is a little ridge. I think that may stop the card from sliding in. There is one just like it on the other side on the left

You probably just need to sand the back of the card down a bit until it fits snug. Sometimes you have to sand, sometimes you have to put a little piece of scotch tape on the back to thicken them up.

Sorry, I didn't describe that well the first time. I'm trying to remove the red button from a replica just out of the box. I can't get it more than half a turn, but that half turn is nice and fluid. This is where it looks like it is cross-threaded as one side is noticeably higher than the other.

Bump, any thoughts here? Only thing I can think of is to use WD-40 or sheer force, but I risk damaging the flash. Unless Roman carries a warranty on incorrectly factory assembled parts, I appear to be in a bind (no pun intended)...

Received my flash in the mail today! Thank you very much Roman! It's a beautiful replica! Can't wait to turn into the ANH version.

TrypWyr I think I'm getting the same problem, but a little different. I got mine out just fine, but it has a hard time screwing back in and it looks crooked

Last edited by a moderator:
=== G R A F L E X === Flashgun ... NOW SHIPPING!!!

Roman I just got mine and I absolutely love it. I'll post my video review later if youtube decides to work. Anyway, I have a question. My Roy's TFA clamp card isn't fitting into my clamp. It simply won't slide in, and I've tried to give it a bit of force and it chipped the paint off of the card and scratched the plastic. So why won't it fit?

Roy's acrylic TFA card is slightly thicker than his pcb. Or at least mine was. I had the same issue when installing into my vintage. Had to sand it a bit with fine grit paper. Anyhow, I don't think it's a clamp issue.

Hey guys

I got mine the other day :). I love them!

Did an unboxing and first impressions type thing... but I'll have to do a proper review, I was SO exhausted when I took the vid lol- I had all these things in mind I wanted to touch on based off of what we've been hearing about these etc- but I was all over the place haha, who knows what the heck I was saying!

All in all, I could never have expected anything this good when I signed on for the pre orders- totally lived up to/ exceeded all that anticipation :).

Also, is everyone doing rivets for their ESB's? I'm not really a purist, I'm definitely preserving the right details don't get me wrong, but I've been wondering about using faux/ threaded rivets or button screws... just not a big fan of rivets for many reasons is all. Just curious/ looking for inspiration.

https://youtu.be/RjX-tFbLcpU

Edit: sorry I linked wrong vid at first!

Hi!
Got mine today, MANY thanks Roman, beautiful job. I have but one question and I am sure it has been asked, but I could not find anything. The paint/print/dark letters on the clamp Graflex logo, how do you remove it?

Hi!
Got mine today, MANY thanks Roman, beautiful job. I have but one question and I am sure it has been asked, but I could not find anything. The paint/print/dark letters on the clamp Graflex logo, how do you remove it?

Handle it for 50 years like a real one! :)

Got mine today, and it's an amazing piece.

Lined up next to my vintage:

RG1.jpg

Also, is everyone doing rivets for their ESB's? I'm not really a purist, I'm definitely preserving the right details don't get me wrong, but I've been wondering about using faux/ threaded rivets or button screws... just not a big fan of rivets for many reasons is all. Just curious/ looking for inspiration.

Hahaha! Ok, sorry, let me try that again lol! Too many Graflex versions at the same time going on over here lol. Doh!

Is eveyone doing rivets for their TFA's lol? Anyone doing buttons or threaded 'rivets'?

Also, for real ESB this time lol, how do you guys remove your beer tab? Does it leave the little components of the tab in a condition that they could be reused?

I want to know what the dog thought of them.
DBEFD5CD-6BF8-4D42-A667-84E5DAA1F521_zpsn60j3iex.jpg

CAE25C87-7978-4C5C-80F1-9690D9A215D8_zpsvcfxscv3.jpg

Anyone know what romans kobold is made out of? Too shiny for my liking so I've been thinking about grinding the chrome off

edit: Never mind, dulled it down with some steel wool, looks great!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back