IMG_5785.jpeg

Just putting’ this here…

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 11.00.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 11.00.27 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Hi there gang.

You’ll receive a tracking email once I make a label via PayPal, but beware…it’s spotty. Sometimes people get them sometimes not.

We’ve been delayed thanks to my arm injury but I am catching up FAST.

A few have been deleivered, and some are about to go out.

Our biggest worry is the completion of our head straps, as we’re thinking the market has dried up.

So we’re building them. Cause it’s the RPF dammit.

Also, we’ll pause this once more to save the molds as we’re moving onto:

IMG_5765.jpeg

OKAY!
We finally had a chance to sit down and get the list CORRECTLY updated and everyone updated with shipping dates etc.

While we're behind, thanks to injury and a touch of supply blues, we're firing on all cylinders and getting these out.

Check the list up front, we have a batch going out end of the week, then another end of next week, and so on.

The second and third batches leaving on time are contingent on the next batch of headstraps being ready on time. We'll update either way.

We also have been to chit chat with the UK prop crew and get some better looks at everything, and make some accuracy changes from my prototype here vs. their final completed prop over there. So, bonus!

So those of you at the top of the list, be ready for tracking end of the week. Thanks! We'll be starting the VR/Drone pair AFTER the film releases, but they will be from the same molds (which are holding up beautifully)

ALSO, a non-production version is available no on Etsy, at a bit of a reduced price, but with shipping costs... those will be around for a while.
Thanks!!

OKAY!
We finally had a chance to sit down and get the list CORRECTLY updated and everyone updated with shipping dates etc.

While we're behind, thanks to injury and a touch of supply blues, we're firing on all cylinders and getting these out.

Check the list up front, we have a batch going out end of the week, then another end of next week, and so on.

The second and third batches leaving on time are contingent on the next batch of headstraps being ready on time. We'll update either way.

We also have been to chit chat with the UK prop crew and get some better looks at everything, and make some accuracy changes from my prototype here vs. their final completed prop over there. So, bonus!

So those of you at the top of the list, be ready for tracking end of the week. Thanks! We'll be starting the VR/Drone pair AFTER the film releases, but they will be from the same molds (which are holding up beautifully)

ALSO, a non-production version is available no on Etsy, at a bit of a reduced price, but with shipping costs... those will be around for a while.
Thanks!!
That's great about chatting with the prop crew. Anything you were surprised by?

That's great about chatting with the prop crew. Anything you were surprised by?

I was mostly surprised how much support came from a few of the crew AFTER the job had been completed. I deal with ridiculously bad anxiety daily, so you can imagine how much imposter syndrome really prevented me from enjoying the experience. Add to that some really negative experiences dealing with some of the middle management, and it nearly became a career ender, just as I was having a pretty amazing rookie start.

But I just kept making the next move that felt right, and after reaching out to some of the prop team for feedback, and I’ve been really mentored and supported by them.

I’ve already been invited to join some productions, and have established some great mentorship’s with some guys I can’t even believe I get to text or message.

Two different crew members asked for props to be made for themselves or as gifts after really enjoying working with some of the stuff I made, and that shocked me and made me feel like a million bucks. I don’t often get to experience validation at that kind of level.

I’ll be attending the premier next week, and I’m really excited to see everyone and shake hand again after meeting everyone last year. Ghostcorps has really been in my corner the last two years. I’ve been happy to get so many projects completed, they’ve been an amazing resource.

I was also really excited to log in here and share as well, as the RPF has always been an amazing place of support and education.

I was mostly surprised how much support came from a few of the crew AFTER the job had been completed. I deal with ridiculously bad anxiety daily, so you can imagine how much imposter syndrome really prevented me from enjoying the experience. Add to that some really negative experiences dealing with some of the middle management, and it nearly became a career ender, just as I was having a pretty amazing rookie start.

But I just kept making the next move that felt right, and after reaching out to some of the prop team for feedback, and I’ve been really mentored and supported by them.

I’ve already been invited to join some productions, and have established some great mentorship’s with some guys I can’t even believe I get to text or message.

Two different crew members asked for props to be made for themselves or as gifts after really enjoying working with some of the stuff I made, and that shocked me and made me feel like a million bucks. I don’t often get to experience validation at that kind of level.

I’ll be attending the premier next week, and I’m really excited to see everyone and shake hand again after meeting everyone last year. Ghostcorps has really been in my corner the last two years. I’ve been happy to get so many projects completed, they’ve been an amazing resource.

I was also really excited to log in here and share as well, as the RPF has always been an amazing place of support and education.
That’s great. I think most of the film world is made up of people who just answered the phone at the right time and said yes.

I explained to someone once, that those old cliche black and white movies where an actress gets sick and the show will be canceled, and they ask you if you could do it. And you say yes.

Those things are basically how most people make it into the crew side of movies. Just gotta be open to opportunities. And being available for that one phone call that will change your life.

When I hear stories like yours it makes me happy to be part of the industry. It’s not as mean and jaded as it seems sometimes. And it’s such a small world once you are in it.

I hope you enjoy the premiere, and meeting the team you worked with.

The singular thing that has lead to my sudden (and scarily continued) success as a pro (**** that’s weird to type…) is to resist the negative. A makeup artist I’ve gotten great advice said “The sandbox is getting bigger everyday. There’s plenty of room.” A lot of fan makers think you have to be ruthless, and that’s just not the case anymore. There’s so much room. It’s nuts. I’m at the top of my game right now and I’m still a half-drop in the bucket.

I am resolute in giving praise behind people’s backs. The smallest nice thing I can say about someone, I just f@&$ing say it. It costs nothing. The returns are endless. And it spreads. It becomes infectious.

On that note, my patient fellow hobbyists, first batch of shipping labels gets printed tomorrow! Stay tuned!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back