Unlimited Run Star Trek: Picard, Away Jackets, Now Taking Orders!

thanks man!
Sure thing! I'm glad that the pin version worked fine too! The magnets are, I agree, better on shirts, but me being me, I know I'll carry a bag and it'll knock the thing off again and again...So having the stay-on badge is a better option! (Although, I can still remove it if need be...Just takes a break of the glue...)

Too bad there is not a an access point built into the liner in the area of the badge so that you can hide the pin or magnet backing and also be less material for magnets/pins to need to penetrate.

Fansets seems to have the best badge so far. Other amazing badges are just too small. No ones cast or made exact replicas using the auction badges sadly.

I may get a pinned badge eventually as well, the magnets just don't hold through as mentioned, my gold one has already fallen once. However I also made custom Pips that Screw in for the exact same reason, too easy to have them go flying (and have for a friend of mine at STLV).

Attachments

• 370439389_324680623343877_4791966578400272499_n.jpg
    370439389_324680623343877_4791966578400272499_n.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 370377271_1304578560189591_4965779873873281445_n.jpg
    370377271_1304578560189591_4965779873873281445_n.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 83
  • 370400404_687523519914984_965901722078485720_n.jpg
    370400404_687523519914984_965901722078485720_n.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 87
Too bad there is not a an access point built into the liner in the area of the badge so that you can hide the pin or magnet backing and also be less material for magnets/pins to need to penetrate.
Yeah, that would have helped perhaps, or an area on the inside that's not as padded, or specially lined to be thinner for the pins to secure into...I think the best way to do it, is to pin it, and glue the rear pins, since that will hold it well enough...

I may also try the magnet on the rank pips with some super glue there too...But I'm fairly sure that Kokanee's pins will hold..The magnet he used is fairly strong....I'll have a try if it's needed..

I suspect the magnets that come on these deltas are not that strong. I'm thinking of replacing the back plate of the badge with just one of these N52 grade magnets -

-or- (if I feel more enterprising - no pun intended :p )

Replacing the four existing magnets with two 7/16"x1/8" and two 7/16"x1/4 discs.

Has anyone tried this approach of replacing for stronger magnet?

I'm sure I have some N52's laying around, although unlikely to be the right side but at least good enough to test the theory. Just waiting on the jacket to arrive. ;)

I suspect the magnets that come on these deltas are not that strong. I'm thinking of replacing the back plate of the badge with just one of these N52 grade magnets -

Replacing the four existing magnets with two 7/16"x1/8" and two 7/16"x1/4 discs.

I'm sure I have some N52's laying around, although unlikely to be the right side but at least good enough to test the theory. Just waiting on the jacket to arrive. ;)
I think the pips made for us by Kokanee used an N52? And yeah, they're gripping on just fine I'd say, although, I may just add some bond to those too to make sure they absolutely don't slip off when I'm carrying stuff...I'm the kind of bloke who'd not notice until it was way too late..But I suspect for costuming?The N52 would be a good way to hold it in place.

I would leave the backing in place and then just stack the extra magnets over the backing. Stacking magnets will increase their strength. The one thing to might want to watch out for is not to add so much that the added weight starts pulling that side down giving you a lopsided look. But I would just start by adding two magnets (top and bottom).

I've got Kokanee's pips on mine and have no concerns about them falling off. The collar area where they sit is thinner than where the badge goes. The only concern I have with them is leaving indents on the leather when I remove them . They're pretty strong.
Also why I don't want to push any pins through the jacket.

I would agree with the custom access through the inside of the jacket, I think I mentioned it when I posted my photos. Just a little zipper pocket for the magnetic backing to go in so there's less material between the magnets of the badge.

IMG_0277.jpeg
IMG_0267.jpeg
IMG_0271.jpeg
IMG_0272.jpeg
Woot!!! I missed my Etsy shipping notification and was surprised by this at the front door this afternoon! It's almost 80F degrees but I had to try it on anyway and I love it!

I was nervous about the measurements I sent in but very pleased with the fit. I like a more form fitting look and I got that with this.

Just amazing workmanship and feels very high quality. Fall is coming soon and that means I'll be able to start wearing this out. In the meantime, I'll hang it where I can see it so I can admire this incredible jacket. The leather feels and looks great.

Thank you!!! Well worth the wait.

View attachment 1739412View attachment 1739414View attachment 1739415View attachment 1739416Woot!!! I missed my Etsy shipping notification and was surprised by this at the front door this afternoon! It's almost 80F degrees but I had to try it on anyway and I love it!

I was nervous about the measurements I sent in but very pleased with the fit. I like a more form fitting look and I got that with this.

Just amazing workmanship and feels very high quality. Fall is coming soon and that means I'll be able to start wearing this out. In the meantime, I'll hang it where I can see it so I can admire this incredible jacket. The leather feels and looks great.

Thank you!!! Well worth the wait.
wow, who made it?

1695099948420.png
1695099831189.png

1695099900510.png

1695100111349.png

1695100163944.png

My order arrived today. What else can be said that others have not? These jackets are simply phenomenal. They absolutely look like they were picked up from the costume department just before heading to set! Every detail perfectly recreated, exactly as it appeared on screen. Fits like a glove, and feels just as it should for such a premium product. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to also being nervous about the measurements but it was spot on and exactly as it should be. Amazing work by the group here that researched everything they could so that the folks producing these could make such replicas happen.

Included some pics of my command version, with Fansets updated Grooved Deltas and BlackSeaProps' screen matched pips. I used Vertex's suggestion of additional an N52 magnet (BY0X02-N52) with the original backing to make the delta more secure, while the pips really seem good as-is with the provided bar.

Place your order with confidence as this was well worth the price, and the wait. I could not be happier I found this site when I did to see this project come to fruition as it has!

Thank you, Jameel Ur and Zlurpo! Amazing, outstanding work!

Mine was delivered today, I have to say it looks great. Nice quality. However, unfortunately its not a good fit. While the body length and arm length is good, Its quite tight around the shoulders and down the front, I would have to lose a couple of pounds for it to fit properly around the chest and belly but I'm not sure the shoulders would feel any better. Obviously after all this time its a bit disappointing. I did use a professional seamstress for the measurements (using a jacket I already owned as a template) so I'm not sure what went wrong.

Mine was delivered today, I have to say it looks great. Nice quality. However, unfortunately its not a good fit. While the body length and arm length is good, Its quite tight around the shoulders and down the front, I would have to lose a couple of pounds for it to fit properly around the chest and belly but I'm not sure the shoulders would feel any better. Obviously after all this time its a bit disappointing. I did use a professional seamstress for the measurements (using a jacket I already owned as a template) so I'm not sure what went wrong.
Message me

Got to join in, mine arrived and its fantastic. A really high quality jacket, fits great and just looks the part. Really happy, thank you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back