Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Hella interested! The moment I saw her saber on the big screen I fell in love with it and I don't care how long the wait is for this one, accuracy is king in my book! Plus more time gives those with a tighter budget a better chance to afford one (y)

Interested depending on when you are collecting payments
Payments won't be collected until production is done and shipping. We have jettisoned pre-orders. It is just too much hastle. That was in Lewis' post toward the end of the year.

Malaki Skywalker (Lewis) can provide more details if he likes, but this will be an interest list to help gauge run size. But no money will be collected until the sabers are ready to ship.

I’m all in for one! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

The main body assembly is done. I am currently delving into the switch block and the innards of the windvane. Those two items are difficult to feel confident about until higher resolution references drop.

Once that is done I'll do some final tweaks for stuff against better references but a lot of this is lack of references to figure out the small couple of items that I remain less than 100% confident of.

If you have seen the work we have done on the MoM Hero... you can tell we want nothing less than perfection. Tough to do that for this hilt just yet when there are only a handful of photographs on this just yet.

I definitely know the current first-to-market offerings are lacking some key details which I have already picked up. But I concede there are a couple options for the box and the windvane and without being sure I have reserved blitzing this thread with model photographs. Much thanks to Valor, since he did a lot of the early research and I have been mostly polishing, converting to a machinable FX assembly, and adding some key details and nuances that a lot of folks have missed.

right now I have 2 separate modules for the inside the windvane shroud. Neither looks completely correct yet.

once I have something I am proud to show off, rest assured I will share photos here.

:cry:

The main body assembly is done. I am currently delving into the switch block and the innards of the windvane. Those two items are difficult to feel confident about until higher resolution references drop.

Once that is done I'll do some final tweaks for stuff against better references but a lot of this is lack of references to figure out the small couple of items that I remain less than 100% confident of.

If you have seen the work we have done on the MoM Hero... you can tell we want nothing less than perfection. Tough to do that for this hilt just yet when there are only a handful of photographs on this just yet.

I definitely know the current first-to-market offerings are lacking some key details which I have already picked up. But I concede there are a couple options for the box and the windvane and without being sure I have reserved blitzing this thread with model photographs. Much thanks to Valor, since he did a lot of the early research and I have been mostly polishing, converting to a machinable FX assembly, and adding some key details and nuances that a lot of folks have missed.

right now I have 2 separate modules for the inside the windvane shroud. Neither looks completely correct yet.

once I have something I am proud to show off, rest assured I will share photos here.

:cry:

I will say I was initially quite tempted by the first-to-market offering last week, but after seeing the passion and extreme attention to detail of the group here (I was following the progress in two other threads), I’m 100% confident I made the right call to wait, and support this project.

Hopefully some better resolution photos come out. I was a bit disappointed to not see any information in TRoS Visual Dictionary

I will say I was initially quite tempted by the first-to-market offering last week, but after seeing the passion and extreme attention to detail of the group here (I was following the progress in two other threads), I’m 100% confident I made the right call to wait, and support this project.

Hopefully some better resolution photos come out. I was a bit disappointed to not see any information in TRoS Visual Dictionary
Yeah. First I have nothing but love for the first to market vendor. I have a few of their hilts. And for the folks who "just want a Leia" it is great.

to provide some specifics though. I think they missed some pretty important things.

1.) the bottom screw. It is there.
2.) the pearl inlays. They could have even used cheaper pearl like stuff but still mimic the appearance.
3.) the grip fins are secured by grub screws. It is my belief they are dome head slotted screws.
4.) the windvane is one solid piece of aluminum. It is clear the windvane has a shroud and an inner impeller/cog/fan type thing like the Mk1 but the shape does not appear to be the same (I have currently 2 designs of different structures here but I don't know which it is or if it is something else, but it definitely is two pieces there. The inner piece being the copper / rose gold and the outer shroud being silver.
5.) they missed the inside bars between the rings of the emitter. Also clearly there.
6.) I really dislike the choice for a hole for a second button. We are going to have one. If people want to mod to drill a smaller hole for a tactile for two button they can (and I would "hide" it in one of the forward grip fin screw holes personally).
7.) they have some missing diameter steps. The entire body's coppery body is NOT all the same size. Particularly in the switch section.
8.) the switch block design is wrong.
9.) I have been researching switches because the switch itself has some key characteristics. It is not just a basic silver switch. I believe it is a fully illuminated ceramic capacitive button. Cloudy white when not illuminated and glows blue when illuminated. Ceramic capacitive buttons have this characteristic and only this type of button does. Problem is I have only been able to source 16mm ones and not 12mm ones. I believe the button to be a 12mm button.

anyway... some early observations on what I see in the first to market offering.

that all said. Kudos to them for turning something out that will appeal to some people

Thanks to some great sleuthing by Kylash, we found another accuracy improvement to make (and another spot the first to market vendor missed).

3A9D79B8-4E4E-421A-B278-70D9FFA9519F.png

a vented ring gap!

aaaand I have started accounting for that. Incidentally this answers a couple of other aspects of the emitter assembly that will show up in our run. (I've not finished the vertical bars yet because it will be integral to the assembly of the emitter), but here is a first stab at the vents (minus bars). The vents need to be wider still yes I know:

2D94B323-74A1-46CC-900C-87A9116B79FF.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back