Tron Legacy RINZLER helmet!!!

I was looking it over and you might be able to work in a little LED board like this. and then just cover the opening with a bit of frosted Acrylic. then again you could use EL Sheet cut to the right shape and size the wire it through little holes in the helmet and lay the Sheet on top as sort of a decal to cover the holes and provide the effect.

Then again I am a novice at all this so you probably have plenty of better Ideas. I just wantend to through my 2 cents in.

The problem is not the lights up, but those at the bottom, because I will have to cut the helmet, a point made ​​to create a support edge and bright with the same edge. Above is that even if the visor is black, however, is transparent, so I can mount the lights inside

For the lights I was thinking could you cut out the area to be lit then reinstall that side of the mold and recast a clear or frosted acrylic to fill the open slot. This should leave you with the outer contour and a diffusion method for your lights. Then all that is needed is to figure out the method of lighting you want to use. Led, El Sheet, or El Wire. it looks at though you have plenty of room for small electronics on the inner lining of helmut. Just don't forget to cover it with foam and some form of sweat protection.

Also one could just apply reflective tape to the top, if you want something easier...

you could just ducktape your head and add reflective tape to that... I think this scuplt is a LOT more deserving.

I DO think you are gonna have to get lil pieces of acrylic cut or cast tinted clear resin for the shapes of the lights. Maybe even slightly frosted then tinted. And you will have to somehow remove material from your mold to fit them in...

Just love the sculpt though! Can't wait to see what you figure out about the lights!

you could just ducktape your head and add reflective tape to that... I think this scuplt is a LOT more deserving.

I DO think you are gonna have to get lil pieces of acrylic cut or cast tinted clear resin for the shapes of the lights. Maybe even slightly frosted then tinted. And you will have to somehow remove material from your mold to fit them in...

Just love the sculpt though! Can't wait to see what you figure out about the lights!

The best idea would be to replace the cast in the mold of transparent resin and apply ourselves, but for now I can not make it.
So I cut the cast and while I painted, making getting a shiny, more than satisfactory.
Now find a system for the lights, do not worry;)

The best idea would be to replace the cast in the mold of transparent resin and apply ourselves, but for now I can not make it.
So I cut the cast and while I painted, making getting a shiny, more than satisfactory.
Now find a system for the lights, do not worry;)

How are you achieving the High Gloss finish? My theory is to put down a black base and then Lacquer over it several times then buff to a high gloss.

How are you achieving the High Gloss finish? My theory is to put down a black base and then Lacquer over it several times then buff to a high gloss.

I simply spray painted black, then I spent a lot of fine sandpaper to remove the porosity, and painted black again.
Once the black was dry, I gave over the varnish.

this is turning out better than i expected it to, i really want to make a helmet myself now. time to stock up on expanding foam and isopon! :)

This is a first test of the lights.
I built a small structure in the shape of the hole, made ​​of cardboard, and I've pasted into the adhesive strips LED, an orange, for Rinzler, the bad, and one blue, for the good TRON.
Now I must find a way to make everything appear black when the lights are out.

This is a first test of the lights.
I built a small structure in the shape of the hole, made ​​of cardboard, and I've pasted into the adhesive strips LED, an orange, for Rinzler, the bad, and one blue, for the good TRON.
Now I must find a way to make everything appear black when the lights are out.

Is the hole open or filled? the only thing I can think of is to coat your board in something black. My first thought was that liquid electrical tape stuff. If the hole is filled you could try Black RITRIT Dye. a light coat should tint your filler but still be translucent enough for the Light to come through in the correct color. Volpin would be a great person to ask about this as he used the stuff on his Thomas Helm.

P.S. I love the fact that your putting in both orange and blue lights.

Is the hole open or filled? the only thing I can think of is to coat your board in something black. My first thought was that liquid electrical tape stuff. If the hole is filled you could try Black RITRIT Dye. a light coat should tint your filler but still be translucent enough for the Light to come through in the correct color. Volpin would be a great person to ask about this as he used the stuff on his Thomas Helm.

P.S. I love the fact that your putting in both orange and blue lights.

Unfortunately the hole is open, so I have to apply some of the same shape in the hole, and make it dark and transparent at the same time.

Unfortunately the hole is open, so I have to apply some of the same shape in the hole, and make it dark and transparent at the same time.

I used a clear casting epoxy resin to make the translucent circle by the ear puck of my DP GM helmet, it can be tinted tho,it's ideal for making clear prototype parts.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back