Tron Lightcycle Run Merch Discussion

DexAntares

I recently found out about the new Tron attraction in the Shanghai Orlando Disney park. Looks like they have those old Legacy action figures with the little screen for faces, but you can get your own voice and likeness programmed into them.

But moreover than that, they have new Identity Disc replicas that actually change color. They even turn green, which excites me 'cause I've always wanted a green Legacy style disc. Does anybody have this item yet? I'd love to know more about it's inner workings, and ways it could be customized.

EDIT: Well, I took the plunge and ordered one of the new discs. I figure soon or later people will find out ways to hack it. They did for the Galaxy's Edge lightsabers. It's like I always say, "the fans find a way."

Last edited:
Here’s my quick review and comparison of the disc to the spin master one

Much appreciated! I'm glad somebody finally got around to doing one of these.
As for chips in colors like green or pink or purple, my understanding is that you get one of those when you do the custom action figure through the Identity Program experience. Which is a shame 'cause the facial scan and voice recording functions are gonna make that awfully hard to smuggle... I don't know if there's a way to get a custom Identity Chip without getting the figure, but I'm sure someone's gonna come up with a homebrew solution eventually like they did for the GE sabers and crystals.

I’m not a big Tron fan since I haven’t seen the movies, but I do quite like the design of the Lightcycle helmet. There are some scuffs on the blue plastic face shield that I plan to try and polish out with Novus plastic polish, and I haven’t stuck the batteries in just yet, but tomorrow I’ll try to do that and snap some photos if folks want to see it.

Overall for $60 I think it’s a very nice piece. I plan to give it a proper coat of black paint and deepen the visor to take it up another level but you could totally leave it stock and have a nice piece.

As promised, photos of the stock helmet. Was delighted to find it included batteries, one was just knocked loose in shipping. There is a mode for light only and one for sound, lights aren’t the brightest but they’re not bad. I have a 23 inch head and it fits pretty perfectly. There is some very light padding with hook and loop already installed. so if you have a smaller head you could easily adjust the fit.
3AF04BA4-CB00-495C-AA56-327C17FBBD8C.jpeg3EABEC50-9DDA-403B-995F-33B225201D2F.jpeg2991217C-5062-4EF4-B199-C6FD72764A62.jpeg618CC123-5542-42E3-849F-4C794734F999.jpeg70F19EA9-CDC9-430B-AAC7-75406C423850.jpegEC9E6C32-270F-4DBC-8F67-8AE3285599F1.jpeg

I just want the 5POA action figures.

They're finally doing certain characters from the original film that have been consistently overlooked by every action figure license holder. I think only Kubrick ever produced some of them before.

As for 1:1 scale TRON prop replicas, my collection begins and ends with the hockey helmet. I'm too out of shape to do the bodysuit though.

Alex

Super7 said the Tron figures will go up on shopdisney at some point.

I just got the Yori off ebay and they do indeed glow in the dark blue, not super bright though.

Just got my Identity Disc in the mail today. Overall I love it. The speaker's not as grainy as I feared. Not bad but not great. It's cool to see it shift between all the colors when in Bluetooth mode. The inner ring has a fairly sharp edge when being held so be wary of that. I'm considering taking mine apart and filing down the edge so it's more comfortable to hold. I've tried different button press combinations on a whim and discovered holding the button down enters what I'm calling "blade mode," where the outer edge shimmers and hums with energy. Like I said, overall I'm pleased with it. What'll really put it over the top for me is getting some custom Identity Chips to unlock the other colors. I hope it's not long before someone comes up with a hack.

I'm hoping Soulinertia or someone can come up with an upgraded mod kit for these new discs. If not I may need to delve back into personal modding to upgrade the lights, speaker, and make it rechargeable. Hoping the new merch makes it to shopDisney so I don't have to fly out to WDW to get them.

Edit: Also, if anyone has any insight to the docking piece Disney uses on the backpack they sell please let me know. I'd love to get that dock to hold the new disc but want it available on other clothing options (mount to a different backpack, jacket, cosplay suit, etc.).

Last edited:
I tried to get the chips to read on my sd card reader and a couple times it almost did, and once it promted me to put a disk in the D: drive, but other than that no luck. It does seem to be a older MMC card, with 7 pins.

I tried to get the chips to read on my sd card reader and a couple times it almost did, and once it promted me to put a disk in the D: drive, but other than that no luck. It does seem to be a older MMC card, with 7 pins.
I've been speaking with someone on Reddit who's trying to mess with the chips too. Once he gets some, that is. In the meantime I bought a Quorra chip off of eBay just to have one, and because I like the light blue LEDs.

I'm hoping Soulinertia or someone can come up with an upgraded mod kit for these new discs. If not I may need to delve back into personal modding to upgrade the lights, speaker, and make it rechargeable. Hoping the new merch makes it to shopDisney so I don't have to fly out to WDW to get them.

Edit: Also, if anyone has any insight to the docking piece Disney uses on the backpack they sell please let me know. I'd love to get that dock to hold the new disc but want it available on other clothing options (mount to a different backpack, jacket, cosplay suit, etc.).
I'm on it! ;)

I've been speaking with someone on Reddit who's trying to mess with the chips too. Once he gets some, that is. In the meantime I bought a Quorra chip off of eBay just to have one, and because I like the light blue LEDs.
If this is who I think it is, hey it’s me.

I am due to have cards in by Thursday of next week.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back