Trials and Tribulations with my Da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer

I got my Da Vinici Pro today and I must say they have made some improvements since the Da Vinici 1.0. The Pro has an aluminum print bed, the filament feed is completely different and is a lot easier to load, and the thing that REALLY makes it worth the money is the NEW calibration set up. It is very descriptive and tells you step by step how much and which way to move the adjustment screws. I have calibrated it twice and both times it only took 2 passes to get it aligned. I have spent HOURS on my old Da Vinici printer trying to get the print bed calibrated. It is definitely worth the money. Plus existing Da Vinici 1.0 customers get a $200 discount and can get it for only $499. I will post some prints later on. Oh, BTW, you can use any filament. It doesn't have to be those stupid cartridges. Let me know if anyone has any questions they want answered brfore they buy one and I will try to answer as fast as I can.

That's great to know when it comes to upgrade time matey. Thanks for the info. Does it still use the xyz software? (am one of the rare people that doesnt mind it for most of my prints)

I have been playing around with some of the printer settings from the stock software and have actually come up with some pretty good results. The DaVinci Pro 1.0 if well worth getting. The aluminum print bed seems to keep a much more even temp control than the glass print bed did. Here is one of my latest projects that I have printed with it.

678012074505_1665844679523650500_n%201_zps0tqf1p7z.jpg

0154678012194505_6658979294223266814_n_zpsnsysqxq4.jpg

0154678012204505_5481594372959064084_n_zpshkmelfqd.jpg

0154678012069505_3812116056615539197_n_zpsrrretapf.jpg

Looking good, I have a prusa i3 that I just got running well.
The glass bed is only there to give a good flat surface because ali beds bend ever so slightly when heated.
I use Bike Chain oil to lube my bearings (is a blue oil)
Have you tried Cura 2.0 or any of the 123d range of programs by autocad?
Sorry have read all the pages.

No, I haven't tried those yet. But I did just purchase SolidWorks and plan on learning it as fast as I can. Since I am a Veteran, I can get SolidWorks for $20 per year.

Has anybody here tried swapping out the extruder on this printer with a good one, like the E3D V6? My work finally decided to toss the printer, so I took it home. The extruder is completely toast. I eventually want to build my own printer, but just had to pick up a new car, so it won't be soon. I was thinking if I could get a new extruder I could make the da Vinci work for a few months and then eventually swap it into the new printer. Not sure if the parts would work together, though.

Has anybody here tried swapping out the extruder on this printer with a good one, like the E3D V6? My work finally decided to toss the printer, so I took it home. The extruder is completely toast. I eventually want to build my own printer, but just had to pick up a new car, so it won't be soon. I was thinking if I could get a new extruder I could make the da Vinci work for a few months and then eventually swap it into the new printer. Not sure if the parts would work together, though.

https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/da-vinci/topic:3884

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back