Limited Run The Yuma (Short Bladed Stunt) Kit. Including Blade and Stencils. **SIGN UP CLOSED**

*Update*

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that I've started taking payments for the run. Everyone who has expressed an interest should now have received a message with payment details. Please let me know if I've missed anyone!

Thanks to everyone who has paid already! Much appreciated. No rush for those who haven't yet. The cut-off date for signing up and confirming orders is 06/02/2021 (6th of February). I'll be placing orders for all the parts and materials on that day.

A huge thank you again to all involved!

All the best and MTFBWY!

Dave

*update*

Hi Everyone. I made a couple of post on FB this evening with links to the thread. Just putting out a last (or nearly Last) call for participants.

I've had quite a bit of interest, and as of right now, I think I've responded to any messages/questions.

It's bed time here in the UK though, so if you do express an interest and I don't respond straight away, I'll get back to you ASAP tomorrow morning.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest so far! Your support is very much appreciated!

All the best,

Dave

Count me in for a control box and stencils, please. International. (It’s so weird saying that, with my American-centric view of the world, lol.)

Hi Everyone.

Here's my next project for January 2021!

The Yuma!

View attachment 1374939

View attachment 1415257

I originally intended on stepping away from the Hero (and Yuma) to focus on other projects, and to make way for the MoM static Hero, which I believe is just around the corner. I felt that the two projects would be too similar to be running along side each other. For that reason, as some of you already know (and requested), I moved on to researching and developing the V2 behind the scenes, with the intention of doing a run in the new year. That project is VERY close to going ahead (and still will be *eventually). I've become aware however that there is another V2 already in development and very close to production. That's perfectly fine, of course (and I wish everyone involved the best of luck), but it has made me reconsider my approach to choosing projects...

There is ALWAYS going to be someone working on the same project as you. It's unavoidable in this game. NOT going ahead with something just because someone is working on a similar project, or because a fantastic version already exists, is nonsense. At the end of the day, I do this because I have a passion for the subject matter, and for the creative process.

So, going forward, I'll be working on the things that interest me. You've just got to do what you want to do at the end of the day, and if people want to come along for the journey, that's great! :) My area of interest, as you probably know, is the props of the original trilogy. My approach, is to recreate these props as they were. Inside and out. I'm immensely proud of the work I did on the Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero, and whilst I do intend on moving on to other things at some point in 2021, there is one area that I have continued to develop beyond the work I did for the run...

When it came to building my own personal Yuma from the 1st run. I always intended on installing a stunt blade. As with the hilt itself, it was important to me that the blade was thoroughly researched in order to reproduce it as accurately as possible.

There have been countless discussions surrounding which materials were used for the OT stunt blades (various over the years). The Yuma is a special case however. The blade never came in to contact with anything, and was used as a reference for the special effects department only. I set about researching it's dimensions for a start and found that it was NOT tapered. I also determined its length/diameter using both 2D and 3D photogrammetry:

View attachment 1374937
View attachment 1374883

I found the blade to be 1/2' (12.7mm) in diameter, which brought me to the conclusion that it was likely standard stock. Either wooden dowel or fiberglass. It's hard to say for sure, but I opted for Fiberglass, as I believe it to be the more durable choice when it comes to installing the tang/collar.

It's also already black, which it needed to be in order to stand out against the bright outdoor backdrop.

Another area that I have developed is the paint work. Following the first run, I developed a layout of the weathering, which I printed out on to self adhesive paper and cut out by hand. This was incredibly time consuming, but ultimately worth it:

View attachment 1374985View attachment 1374902
View attachment 1374898View attachment 1374896

I always intended, for my next Yuma build, to have my weathering layout professionally printed/cut as a vinyl stencil. Mainly to make my own life easier, but also to offer to those who have already purchased Yumas from me on previous runs, to aid them in their builds. Well, now that it's ready, I figured why not do another Yuma specific run?

View attachment 1374920

Since posting the interest thread, I've had an opportunity to test the new stencils on two commissions from my last run (using the exact files/parts that will be ordered for this run):

View attachment 1415263

I was really happy with the results! :)

View attachment 1415255View attachment 1415253View attachment 1415252
View attachment 1415256View attachment 1415254

For those of you unfamiliar with my previous project, and the work that went in to developing the hilt itself, you can find the related threads here:

1st Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero thread
2nd Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero thread

The models themselves were painstakingly referenced using both 2D and 3D photogrammetry to match the original Hero prop (which started life as the Yuma) in every detail!

View attachment 1415288

View attachment 1415289

The kit will include:
  • The same, screen accurate parts from my previous Yuma/ISYHCANL/Hero run
  • A screen accurate fiberglass blade (with tang and collar installed)
  • Pre cut vinyl stencil, meticulously copied from the available reference material
  • Screen accurate stainless steel Tri-Ring (or Mild Steel if preferred)
  • All necessary screws and grub screws.
I will be offering blank Yuma bodies, along with Yuma control boxes which will be compatible with all of my previous runs. I'll also be offering blades and stencils separately for those who need them.

I can also offer the kit as a complete build if needed:

View attachment 1416908View attachment 1416909
View attachment 1416910View attachment 1416911

The price of the kit/parts will vary depending on your location as they have been calculated to include PP fees (as per the classifieds guidelines):

UK PRICES:

Full Yuma Kit (including all parts + Blade and stencils) = £181
Completed Yuma build = £335 (includes £150 commission)
Body = £98
Yuma Box = £26
Blade = £21
Stencils = £21

EU PRICES:

Full Yuma Kit (including all parts + Blade and stencils) = £182
Completed Yuma build = £337 (includes £150 commission)
Body = £99
Yuma Box = £26
Blade = £21
Stencils = £21

INTERNATIONAL PRICES:

Full Yuma Kit (including all parts + Blade and stencils) = £185
Completed Yuma build = £342 (includes £150 commission)
Body = £100
Yuma Box = £27
Blade = £22
Stencils = £22

KITS/PARTS POSTAGE:

UK = £16
EU = £19
INTERNATIONAL = £35

BLADE ONLY POSTAGE:

UK = £8
EU = £15
INTERNATIONAL = £24

STENCILS ONLY POSTAGE:

UK = £3
EU = £10
INTERNATIONAL = £12

*Upfront payment is required in order to pay for manufacturing of the parts, but for those ordering a Completed Yuma Build, I can give you the option of paying the commission on completion of the work to help spread the cost. This is optional of course, so whichever suits you best.*

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread. Any questions, feel free to drop me a message.

All the best and, as always, MTFBWY!

* A quick note for those of you waiting on my V2/Shared stunt project... It IS still going ahead at some point in the new year. The models are pretty much completed. There is a lot of research and general musings that need to be written up, along with diagrams and artwork/overlays that need to be created. For those who are interested, it will be a prop replica. It will therefore NOT be installable as an FX hilt. It will however take a motor and stunt blade, as the V2 did in it's original configuration. I'll be posting more about this in the new year. (y)

Interest List:

1. BobaDan - Kit
  2. DannyP91 - Kit
  3. BansheeMan005 - Stencils
  4. Han Solo fan - Stencils
  5. NagorbArt - Kit
  6. Nailuj - Complete Build
  7. skoota73 - Blade + Stencils + SS/MS Tri-Rings
  8. Dewy - Blade + Stencils
  9. Chazzychaz - Blade + Stencils
  10. Kraig Kenobi - Blade + SS Tri-Ring
  11. nattui - Complete Build
  12. steven giunta - Stencils X2
  13. Execute66 - Complete Build
  14. BlueCoyote - Complete Build
  15. Jonis - Kit
  16. Darthlarry - Kit
  17. AnthonyD2199 - Complete Build
  18. JoeSheep - Complete Build
  19. NickCline - Complete Build
  20. v312 - body + control box + stencils + 2x Tri-Rings
  21. tgun0403 - Complete Build
  22. ChrisGoelz - Complete Build
  23. JetSetWilly - Kit
  24. RepelSpy007 - Complete Build
  25. djcbooks81 - Complete Build
  26. Xwingercrash - Blade + stencils + SS Tri-Ring
  27. Masefield - Kit
  28. Martinmorris17 - Complete Build
  29. LordHaru - Blade
  30. CHS3CELL - Complete Build
  31. Aison - Blade + Stencils
  32. NCC1027 - Kit
  33. smoothey - Blade + Stencils
  34. skywalker49 - Complete Build
  35. Mark Preader (FB) - Control Box
  36. CWOODREPLICAS- Kit
*update*

Hi Everyone. I made a couple of post on FB this evening with links to the thread. Just putting out a last (or nearly Last) call for participants.

I've had quite a bit of interest, and as of right now, I think I've responded to any messages/questions.

It's bed time here in the UK though, so if you do express an interest and I don't respond straight away, I'll get back to you ASAP tomorrow morning.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has expressed an interest so far! Your support is very much appreciated!

All the best,

Dave
ms80444 for a complete build please!

*Update*

Hi Everyone. Just a quick reminder that tomorrow (Monday the 6th of Feb) is the last day for signing up/confirming orders on the Yuma run.

I'll be placing the order for all of the parts at some point tomorrow morning (UK time) based on the final numbers.

I'll be working my way down the list in the morning and getting in touch with anyone I haven't heard back from yet, just to make sure they didn't miss any messages.

Tomorrow's the day though! :) Really looking forward to getting the parts in to production!

Sign up is open until tomorrow for anyone wishing to jump onboard in the meantime.

I'll be logging off now and picking up any new messages in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who has taken part in the run! These projects couldn't happen without you fine people, placing your trust in me! Something that I'm eternally humbled by, and grateful for!

All the best, and MTFBWY!

Dave

*UPDATE*

Orders are placed!!! It's taken all day, and I now have Microsoft Excel burnt in to my retinas, but EVERYTHING is ordered! :D

Celebration.gif

So, I've closed sign up for now... There are a few orders still to be confirmed, so in the event of anyone dropping out, those spots *could* become available at some point.

I've also ordered parts and materials for 5X extra spots (full Yuma Kits or Complete Builds), for anyone who's missed the sign up. I'll be letting these go on a first come-first served basis. (y)

Whilst I wait for things to arrive, I'll be finishing off my last few Hero commissions, then as soon as the rods for the blades arrive I'll make a start on getting those made while the CNCd parts are in production!

It's always a huge relief to get all the orders in! :) As soon as I get any ETAs, I'll update the thread. I'm really looking forward to working on these for you all.

All the best and MTFBWY!

Dave

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back