The Veepy rocket pack builders thread (hijack friendly)

If anyone has questions regarding the build please don't hesitate to ask as I've been working with gnolivos from the beginning and I have printed at least a dozen Veepy's. View attachment 1408383View attachment 1408384
i have an issue with the tanks, i printed them in separate pieces, i just got the final one done this morning.

i noticed the line of rivet holes were not straight as they transitioned from middle to lower section then noticed the backs do not form a continuous cylinder but more of a crooked shape. the pics will explain it better hopefully.

since you have the most experience in printing these, did you encounter this at all if you printed in seperate sections?

if anyone else has printed any tank sections could you check and see if yours are ok or doing the same as i have?

it is on both tanks on my ones and in the same place by the same amount.

the pieces in cura 4.8 were seated correctly on the build plate each time as i'm quite careful to make sure they are.
have a look and see. if you can think of any reason this might have happened please chime in.
myself and gnolivos have both checked and the model is sound, just the prints i have are in question.
i assembled the model in cura and you can see the rivet hole lines are straight and true.
qjkXnZA.jpg

the left and right tanks
IeTjR1u.jpg

XKxg4Oo.jpg

jYDlM2K.jpg

hello Zorg,
I've checked all my prints and I'm not having this issue. I know from all your posts that you are very experienced at 3D printing. Can I ask what materials and settings you're using? I've had some issues in the past with eSun filaments and I was getting some strange outcomes!
Thanks Aaron

the nose sections are e-sun pla+, the darker sections are sunlu pla+...... i try to use good quality pla.

the actual prints are coming out great, just the odd imperfection around the rivet holes during travel.

the nose cones and middle sections line up great.

i could have printed them combined but i didn't want to risk it as its so tall. +(3 days)

215 degrees end, 55-60 bed.

had no issues the the filament beforehand, had printed out some xmas pressies with it.

do my pics explain what is happening clear enough? the only solution is to remove some material on the back just above my finger in the last pic.
i really don't want to re print it/them.

cheers

the nose sections are e-sun pla+, the darker sections are sunlu pla+...... i try to use good quality pla.

the actual prints are coming out great, just the odd imperfection around the rivet holes during travel.

the nose cones and middle sections line up great.

i could have printed them combined but i didn't want to risk it as its so tall. +(3 days)

215 degrees end, 55-60 bed.

had no issues the the filament beforehand, had printed out some xmas pressies with it.

do my pics explain what is happening clear enough? the only solution is to remove some material on the back just above my finger in the last pic.
i really don't want to re print it/them.

cheers
Hello Zorg,
Your filament and settings seem fine. What version Veepy are you printing and I'll try and reproduce your results and hopefully narrow down the issue. I'll speak with gnolivos to see what might have changed from version to version. I'll keep you and the RPF posted!
Thanks Aaron

Hello Zorg,
Your filament and settings seem fine. What version Veepy are you printing and I'll try and reproduce your results and hopefully narrow down the issue. I'll speak with gnolivos to see what might have changed from version to version. I'll keep you and the RPF posted!
Thanks Aaron

Aaron,

The model is v1.03 the only one released. The cad has been triple checked as well as the STLs, (by me and by the person with the issue) and the sources are true and straight.

Something is up with the printing itself. If you have any ideas please let us know!

Zorg,
what orientation is the bottom section when you print and what supports and bed adheasion?
KUmr0Nz.jpg

3dlac spray, works perfect every time.

all the parts printed very nicely, it's just the alignment that is all to pot. from what i have measured, everything seems to match from tank to tank.

the printer is about 6 months old, its well maintained, generally the prints i'm getting look better than the majority i see online.

these are the tallest things i've printed by about 5cm

the printer is about 6 months old, its well maintained, generally the prints i'm getting look better than the majority i see online.

these are the tallest things i've printed by about 5cm
I would run some basic calibrations on your Z axis (youtube) to ensure they are in sync. I've seen strange things happen in the Z that would yield this kind of result.

Hey guys, in the last month I have gotten my Ender 5 Plus set up and run a few test prints. I wanted to jump on my Veepy jetpack and start with the lower engine.

Can anyone share the settings that they have honed in on with this project? An estimated time on the prints for some of the larger parts?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I started to print Veepy Jetpack and was wondering what was the orientation everyone use for the MainHull ?

Thanks !

Main Hull isssue here too - I've been maneuveering it around for an Ender3pro and just cant seem to fit it in the space no matter how I turn it. And suggestions?

So I’ve tried orienting this thing every way I can think of & no mas! Any chance I can spilt it or hire one of you with a big boy printer for this one part?

sadly no, i've put everything in a box in the attic, the weather has warmed up a bit so i've got a few molds and droid heads to sort out while i can.

-z
Zorg, would you happen to have finished your 5th element sculpture? I'd love to get one

I saw your blog from what...2008? you were working on the figure with upturned head, open mouth, from the first scene of the film?
Hey its only been 13 years give me a chance lol

Not finished it yet, I did find it in a box 2 days ago. I doubt I will finish it.

Too many other projects.

Z

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back