The Veepy rocket pack builders thread (hijack friendly)

I'm still having major issues getting the downloads. Every time I try to unzip the first file, I get this...
veepy file.jpg

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? I’m about to buy them!
Someone else recommended Hanson rivets as much cheaper option

These are the two part numbers that work. They are identical except for the length.
You decide which length you prefer.

001TSC0608.1
BC1-8-ST STEEL RIVET ZINC FINISH

002TSC0613-0
BC1-13-ST STEEL SEMI-TUBULAR RIVET, ZINC FINISH

Thought it would be helpful to have a centralized paint thread for the Rocketeer Jetpack. As we all know, painting anything silver is always problematic (at least it is for me), especially for a prop that will be well handled. The saving grace for the rocketeer pack is that it’s more a brushed aluminum than a shiny chrome, so a decent silver automotive paint (or the like) should suffice.

There’s a bunch of info scattered around other build threads so it would be great for everyone to post here as a resource for future builds. Please tell us what brand of paint you used, what color you selected and any tips of tricks you learned along the way. Of course a pic or 2 of your finished Jetpack is a must so we can see the results. Paint tips for the helmet are also welcome.

Thanks team for your input! And go…

So I'm looking at tips on how to glue the rivets without making a mess.
What have others done? I unfortunately enlarged the Rivet holes with a dremmel, so a friction fit is no longer possible for me. I'm kind of stuck now. Ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpeg
    IMG_0207.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 55
gnolivos posted a response to a paint question: "I use Spats Stix chrome paint. They also have a clear coat finish that barely dulls the finish at all.
It's not a hard finish; it only protects the paint"

I think that this is the best way of painting this prop. The metal look is spot-on:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:
I don't think I've seen this prop being painted professionally in a auto body shop...but I could be wrong.:unsure:

I'm thinking this thread should be merged with the VEEPY BUILDERS thread:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back