The Mandalorian (TV series)

Just finished reading the X-Wing Rogue Squadron novels, and a LOT of these suggestions seem like they've been ripped straight from those books. There's so much EU material that could be awesome if adapted carefully.

SB
Thing is, i think you need someone like Feige (not literally him, but someone like him) to craft that story line. I mean, the EU had what? 100 books in just the book area, plus god knows how many stories in comics, and games etc. With all that out there, there were undoubtedly plenty of good ideas out there to work with. But that's the thing, you've got to have a person at the top to craft that narrative from what is out there and get people to tow the line so to speak. Pretty sure the 'story group' at ILM has failed pretty convincingly in that role.

You need to start with the plan and then execute that plan, not create the plan as you go along. Until you have that, i'm not sure it works.

Even at that, nothing says it has be an overall interlinking story either. I think the Mandalorian works because they have that roadmap for themselves. They don't have to worry much about the future and they rely on what's already out in movies and tv as things that are set in stone. Things fall apart when you ignore established aspects and when you adjust your plans on the fly. You don't have to have every detail worked out, but you do have to know where you were, where you are and where you're going. You can drive from LA to NYC and take varying routes, but you never get there if you just go 'oh, that looks interesting, lets go that way'.

katee.jpg

So apparently the Visual Dictionary thats supposed to come out in July has been cancelled, probably to give time to remove you know who.

I heard it was just push back until around the end of this year.

*Did some quick research and it looks like the book is on track to be release in July.

Last edited:
Their wording here sounds fairly final. I guess Ill see what happens to my Amazon preorder originally due in July.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.47.55 PM.png

Their wording here sounds fairly final. I guess Ill see what happens to my Amazon preorder originally due in July.

View attachment 1434709

Now that's odd. I find this ..

DK Publishing US has responded to our request for comment stating that as far as they know, the Visual Guide is still coming out in July as expected. However, they told us they will contact the Licensing Creative team in the UK for confirmation and reply back. Until then here’s a direct quote of their statement:

Thank you for your email and your question about our upcoming title Star Wars The Mandalorian The Ultimate Visual Guide. This title is still set to publish and be released in July and there have not been any mentions of this title being canceled from within our company.

Just to be on the safe side, I passed your email along to our Licensing Creative team in the UK to confirm as I have not heard anything to suggest that this title might be canceled, once I receive confirmation I’ll let you know. I also passed this on to my direct supervisor, our US Director of Publishing Operations, and he confirmed that he also hasn’t heard any mention that this title might be canceled.

So to summarize, for now the book is still on schedule to publish and be released on July 6th, 2021. Once we receive confirmation on this from DK’s Licensing team handling this title in the UK, we will let you know.

Link to the article.
New Update on the Status of The Mandalorian Visual Guide - Star Wars News Net

Created by someone who feels that the ship's cockpit should rotate, despite everything in the forty-two years of the ship's existence on-screen saying it doesn't. It's very well executed. He should go back to 1979 and see if he can change Joe's and Nilo's minds on the matter.

Created by someone who feels that the ship's cockpit should rotate, despite everything in the forty-two years of the ship's existence on-screen saying it doesn't. It's very well executed. He should go back to 1979 and see if he can change Joe's and Nilo's minds on the matter.

My Kenner toys cockpit rotated, so that's my cannon!
...& the Airfix/MPC kit

I always knew it rotated, just never seen it in action

J

What's on the screen trumps what they do with the toys and models. The licensed material doesn't dictate canon. Even the Imperial Troop Transport isn't an exact inverse-interpretation of the original Kenner toy it's based on.

It's nice that the person who made that animation feels that the cockpit should rotate. But it doesn't. And, given the Falcon's right-angles gravity planes between deck and gunwells, there's no issue with Slave I's cockpit being out of plane with the landing surface.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back