The Mandalorian (TV series)

Something that's bugging me, but is the Imperial Light Cruiser we see in Mando a different class of light cruiser than the ones we saw in Rebels? The ship itself seems much more spacious, especially the bridge and hanger.

Something that's bugging me, but is the Imperial Light Cruiser we see in Mando a different class of light cruiser than the ones we saw in Rebels? The ship itself seems much more spacious, especially the bridge and hanger.
There's nothing official on it but the general consensus amongst fans is that while the ship looks like an Arquitens from Rebels, it isn't one. The ship seen in The Mandalorian superficially resembles an Arquitens but it's larger overall, It has a proper hangar than can accommodate both TIE fighters as well as Lambda class shuttles, and has a completely different and larger bridge.

Here's a video that talks about this cruiser.

Late to the party but wrapped up this season.
Honestly I could end it with this season, seemed to me a satisfying series finale. I reject the sequels so I can still do so at this point. A few loose ends isn't bad thing. I worry they move away from this Eastwood antihero cowboy character that's supposed to ride off and turn him into a major player on the galactic power struggle.
Didn't think bringing Fett back was necessary or added much, I always thought it was seismic fan service but that's clearly going it's own direction I don't have to engage.

I seriously cant believe how many of those shots of troopers were entirely cg. Wow.
That episode was really jarring IMO. The setting looks like the Nevada desert and the canon-fodder CG Stormtroopers really reveal the budget; nearly looks like a fanfilm on Youtube. It's the low point of the season for me. I did appreciate Boba's reintroduction and his new look though, super cool.

It's been said that Stormtroopers are just freekin' bowling pins, and it was more than ever in this series.... literally in that one scene. I thought it must have been an intentional joke to do that.

That was one of my problems with the show. Stormtroopers were pretty much disposable, especially in the Boba Fett episode. Our heroes plow through them with hardly any effort. What's the point of them even being there if they're not a serious obstacle to contend with?

Probably because they’re that good ...it is sci fi

Outside of ESB they're not much more effective in the OT.
Definitely by ROTJ they lost some formidability but in ANH they constantly had the heroes on the run from Tatooine onto the Death Star. If Leia's rescue had been scripted by today's writers, Han and Luke would've been hitting head shots left and right (like the Mandos), Leia would be roundhouse kicking (like Fennic), and Chewbacca would just run through barrages of blaster fire to physically beat down anyone in his way (like Cara Dune).
Probably because they’re that good ...it is sci fi
Yeah but it doesn't have to be Power Rangers sci fi.

Outside of ESB they're not much more effective in the OT.
Yeah, ANH does a good job of showing them as a threat while still explaining how our heroes got away (being tracked), and the Empire outright wins every battle in ESB. It’s really ROTJ where things get screwy.

All they do in ANH is shoot at the falcon and ask people question in Mos Eisley. We don't see them do anything to the jawas, just that they shredded a crawler. On the DS, well, it's 4 good guys vs thousands of troopers. Odds are always in the favor of the troopers. They're a threat in numbers, but that was ever about it. No one is taking the odds of fighting even if it's 50 ROTJ level troopers vs 4.

I don't think they were all of that much a threat in ANH either. The only threatening thing they accomplished was shredding the sand crawler, and we only saw the aftermath. Same with Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. If 100 troopers showed up to do that, yeah, cake walk for the troopers but it doesn't make them a great threat. If it was just 2, that's another story, but either way, we don't see it. Plus, if Ben's been there since the end of the clone wars, he wouldn't know if an imperial stormtrooper could hit the broadside of a barn. He's only seen clone troopers in action :)

All they do in ANH is shoot at the falcon and ask people question in Mos Eisley. We don't see them do anything to the jawas, just that they shredded a crawler. On the DS, well, it's 4 good guys vs thousands of troopers. Odds are always in the favor of the troopers. They're a threat in numbers, but that was ever about it. No one is taking the odds of fighting even if it's 50 ROTJ level troopers vs 4.

I don't think they were all of that much a threat in ANH either. The only threatening thing they accomplished was shredding the sand crawler, and we only saw the aftermath. Same with Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. If 100 troopers showed up to do that, yeah, cake walk for the troopers but it doesn't make them a great threat. If it was just 2, that's another story, but either way, we don't see it. Plus, if Ben's been there since the end of the clone wars, he wouldn't know if an imperial stormtrooper could hit the broadside of a barn. He's only seen clone troopers in action :)

We’re you sleeping during the opening where they stormed the doorway of the Tantive IV?

That episode was really jarring IMO. The setting looks like the Nevada desert and the canon-fodder CG Stormtroopers really reveal the budget; nearly looks like a fanfilm on Youtube. It's the low point of the season for me. I did appreciate Boba's reintroduction and his new look though, super cool.

That's exactly what I was thinking while watching this episode: Just a high-end fan-film, complete with cringy dialogue.

We’re you sleeping during the opening where they stormed the doorway of the Tantive IV?
Whoops forgot that.

To me that showed how bad the rebel troopers were. Both sides - moreso the rebs - were shooting 'ducks in a barrel', yet rebels barely hit anyone and the troopers who only had to shoot at one basic spot barely got anyone.

Maybe it was like Stargate Atlantis where the first episode or two the wraiths were immune to the P90's and in episode three they could be one-shotted. Was the troopers armor working like real armor there or were the rebs that horrible of shots? :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back