The Mandalorian (TV series)

Whoops forgot that.

To me that showed how bad the rebel troopers were. Both sides - moreso the rebs - were shooting 'ducks in a barrel', yet rebels barely hit anyone and the troopers who only had to shoot at one basic spot barely got anyone.

Maybe it was like Stargate Atlantis where the first episode or two the wraiths were immune to the P90's and in episode three they could be one-shotted. Was the troopers armor working like real armor there or were the rebs that horrible of shots? :)

Purely a retcon: Rebel Troopers on the Tantive IV were crapping their pants thinking Vader was going to walk thru the door first ;)

I believe the terms are "ducks on the pond" and "fish in a barrel".

Why would ducks be in a barrel?

They would have to be daffy.

IzCrRCrh.jpg

one teeny tiny nit about that awesome Luke scene. He never, ever, held his saber out to the side like that in the OT. Always out front.

Those looks cool, but I've pretty much dismissed any licensed stuff now. After Disney took over they jacked up the prices for everything. For example the Gentle Giant mini-busts were introduced in 2002 as an affordable collectible at a $50 price point. Yes there should be some inflaction, and some bigger busts (Republic Commando) or exclusives were more, but now every mini bust is $120.

Those looks cool, but I've pretty much dismissed any licensed stuff now. After Disney took over they jacked up the prices for everything. For example the Gentle Giant mini-busts were introduced in 2002 as an affordable collectible at a $50 price point. Yes there should be some inflaction, and some bigger busts (Republic Commando) or exclusives were more, but now every mini bust is $120.

And they look like this now:

SW_CountDooku_Bust_01__17967.1624404743.jpg

I personally never got the appeal of collecting the busts, mini busts, or the gentle giant statues. Many of the sculpts are really well executed but they just never appealed to me enough to ever want one. I do love the life size busts and sculpts I've seen by the incredible artists here though. Just astounding work to look at!

Yeah that Dooku is horrendous!

Here's another example: Battle of Endor The Little Rebels Statue This is cool, but it's an $80 statue at most. The Gentle Giant polystone versions, the animated ones at least, were around $80. These are just plastic!
I think I know why it's so much, did you see how much it weighs? It's weightless, 0 lbs and 0 kgs. To make something like that, even at just under 7.5" tall and made from ABS plastic, completely weightless has got to cost some serious money to do. :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back