The Mandalorian (TV series)

smurf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wish they would do a Han and Chewie TV series. Han Solo is probably everyone's favorite character from the original series. They could really do a lot with it. Dealing with Jabba, Bounty Hunters, etc. I think we've seen quite a bit already with Jedi. Start with how Han and Chewie got together. Maybe another one where he wins the Falcon from Lando. I think it would be really fun. The hard part would be finding someone that can play the part like Ford.

Sweet

Re: Live Action Star Wars Series

Have you been reading my old posts? :lol I've said the same thing a couple times, I'd love to see this show.

My brother mentioned it to me. It kind of seems like a no brainer. Sorry that I missed your posts. I'm not trying to steal your ideas.

Sweet

George is actually working a "2 1/2 Wookiees" deal with Animal Planet. It takes place just after Chewie's bitter divorce from Malla.

6158009156_ef931578c3_o.jpg

My brother mentioned it to me. It kind of seems like a no brainer. Sorry that I missed your posts. I'm not trying to steal your ideas.

Sweet

No prob, I just thought it was cool we had the same thought. Alike minds think great, or something like that :)

I think it was in the SW live action series thread, I said I'd like to see a Han & Chewie show. They're working on a space freighter, and want to go into business for themselves. Han gets into the card game with Lando, who has no money so he puts up the Falcon. Han looks at Chewie, then says "That piece of junk?" :lol

You'll never see a live action show until Lucas has squeezed every last drop out of the trilogies, and if it happens I hope he's only an executive producer. Do we need another Young Indiana Jones series?......

Its more likely there will be 3 new movies.

Don't laugh, there is serious rumor they are in the works.
The goal being to introduce the "Next generation" of Jedi's to continue milking the COW by appealing to a new generation of FANS as the PREQUELS obviously didnt do it..

WHY you ask? Revenue. $$ from CLONE WARS Cartoon probably doesn't pay for the CATERING at the PRECIDIO, I wonder what the PROPERTY TAXES are running.

EVIDENCE: Friends who work there, who are in the know. Other friends who ALSO work there, getting LAID OFF because they are BROKE.

Even Carrie Fisher said " Ihave to get back in my metal bikini: now even though she has lsot ALOT OF weight, I still dont think I want to see her in her MEtal Bikini, but its a hint she has to reprise a role maybe?

I dont care what anyone says. The STORY was ALWAYS a 6 part STORY is revisionist history. It was 9 originally, after he realized he would get to do MORE after SW.
We shall see!!!

I dont care what anyone says. The STORY was ALWAYS a 6 part STORY is revisionist history. It was 9 originally, after he realized he would get to do MORE after SW.
We shall see!!!

I am in your 3 trilogy camp.

My prequel dream as a kid was to see Vader in the lava pit, and what x-wings looked like rolling off the assembly line. My 7-9 dream was what do they do now that all the intergalactic super baddies are dead and the Rebels no longer have to run?

I clearly remember nine movies as well...

But even though we'd already know the culmination of events with a live-action series taking place between Episodes III and IV, that timeframe and character set would interest me a good deal more than anything post-Episode VI. After Jedi, the two main antagonists are dead and gone and presumably the storyline would be mainly the rebuilding of the republic; I can't see a lot of, if any, interesting conflict or drama coming about with that, unless we were to follow the Timothy Zahn philosophy that the Empire wasn't dead at all, just wounded. And beyond its having been just something to read now and then, I've never cared for the expanded universe of SW, especially the characters that were supposed to have been so much "bigger and badder" than Vader and the Emperor. But the twenty or so years between III and IV are fertile ground for classic SW fun. That's just me, of course...

Don't laugh, there is serious rumor they are in the works.

"Serious rumor"? Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think? I'm not disputing your opinion, I just thought that was an odd choice of wording.

I'd hoped we'd have seen the live action series by now, but they seem preoccupied with the "Clone Wars". The first season was good, and you could see some room to grow. The second season was really good, with few exceptions. Season three, not as good. Friday night, I fell asleep watching the season four premiere.

I hold very little hope for Ep 7-9, not that I want 'em anyway. For the most part, I think the EU is crap, but one thing I would definitely go to see, and something to re-envigorate the franchise, would be a "Force Unleashed" movie. If the cinematic game trailers are any indication, it would be cool.

So yesterday I bought a thing on Blu-Ray called "The Complete Saga". You guys are telling me it may not be complete? Damn you Lucas!! ;) :rolleyes

cash-cow-star-wars.jpg

I wish they would do a Han and Chewie TV series. Han Solo is probably everyone's favorite character from the original series. They could really do a lot with it. Dealing with Jabba, Bounty Hunters, etc. I think we've seen quite a bit already with Jedi. Start with how Han and Chewie got together. Maybe another one where he wins the Falcon from Lando. I think it would be really fun. The hard part would be finding someone that can play the part like Ford.

Sweet

Everytime I watch Firefly, Captain Malcom Reynolds reminds me a bit of Han. There's no wookie in it, but it's as close as I think we'll get to what we want for a smart mouth smuggler show. (though I think Mal is much more of a good guy than Hans was before he met Leia and Luke)

^I would love to see that, and I would watch for sure. Also, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it was very hard for me to watch Firefly without thinking it was a show about a pre-Chewie Han Solo saga.
untitled-3.jpg

EDIT: Oh snap! Don;t know how I missed your post Guri! LOL. I agree:)

I think there is some misunderstanding between the revenue of the studio with the revenue of the license and how those things are mutually exclusive. We dont know what the true story of Lucas's various enterprises are as they are private corporate entities and do not have to report a 10k or something like that, but they are entities and not an entity and that we do know.

I think it is safe to assume that if the FX biz does not have a steady influx of work and revenue that they would have to make reductions in overhead. Likewise with any other area of the Lucas businesses including Lucasfilm, if they are not producing enough volume of commercials, shows and movies to sustain a full time staff or facilities. These changes can all be of design or circumstance.

Looking at Playboy (as a licensing rich company), the magazine and online biz are not doing well, but the licensing group (all under one corporate entity in this case) does gangbusters.

Having said all of that I would like to see Lucas allow someone else to take his baby out for a spin with free reign. I can only imagine what Guillermo del Toro or a David Yates would do with Star Wars; there are a lot of possibilities there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back