Captain Rogers

Hello all! I'm starting this thread as a spin off of sorts to my Marvel one over in the Marvel section, you can check it out here if you want. It was requested that I make this thread so here we are. Basically this is a place to post any custom or redesigned versions of any DC characters. So whether you are doing a custom version of an existing outfit for a DC character or a complete redesign here is the place to post it. I have some designs in the works currently, most notably an Aquaman redesign that I will post upon completion. So without further ado let's get to designing and building a personalized DC universe!

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 3.06.53 PM.png

Heres a few ideas i had for batman, nightwing, and a doodle of what later became my Red Hood helmet. I'd love to tackle the batman helmet once i get better at foam crafting

View attachment 452372

Heres a few ideas i had for batman, nightwing, and a doodle of what later became my Red Hood helmet. I'd love to tackle the batman helmet once i get better at foam crafting

Those designs are sick! I seriously flipped over the Batman cowl. Please make this, it's too beautiful to not be in existence!

Cap I love the Marvel redesign thread and I'm glad you did a dc one. I'll definitely add some designs later on

Thank you. I'm looking forward to seeing your designs.

Thank you for the DC thread! I LOVE DC redesigns - (shameless plug) I'm currently working on an armored Hawkgirl and finished a warrior version of Wonder Woman last year.

IMG_3024.jpg Picture 4.5.png

Love your Batman, @gledar! The detail and texture looks awesome. My next plan is a custom Batgirl, probably with some TDK-inspired light armor (because I can't get enough of armor, apparently) and the same for a Batman Beyond suit. I'll have to rustle up some sketches this week!

Oh this is cool! Redesigns are my favorite! I recently finished a version of Batman Beyond.
20150317_223410.jpg20150317_223458.jpg
And here's a sketch of a redesigned Batman armor from Dark Knight Returns that I'm about to start working on. And a Mr. Freeze that I'll build afterwards.
20150317_185050.jpg20150317_185855.jpg20150317_190459.jpg20150317_231810.jpg

Attachments

• 20150317_223410.jpg
    20150317_223410.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 412
  • 20150317_223458.jpg
    20150317_223458.jpg
    877.5 KB · Views: 375
  • 20150317_205435.jpg
    20150317_205435.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 362
Thank you for the DC thread! I LOVE DC redesigns - (shameless plug) I'm currently working on an armored Hawkgirl and finished a warrior version of Wonder Woman last year.

View attachment 452523 View attachment 452524

Love your Batman, @gledar! The detail and texture looks awesome. My next plan is a custom Batgirl, probably with some TDK-inspired light armor (because I can't get enough of armor, apparently) and the same for a Batman Beyond suit. I'll have to rustle up some sketches this week!

Happy to see you here! There is nothing shameless about showing off the awesomeness that is your armor builds. I'm really excited to see your take on Batgirl.

Oh this is cool! Redesigns are my favorite! I recently finished a version of Batman Beyond.
View attachment 452535View attachment 452536
And here's a sketch of a redesigned Batman armor from Dark Knight Returns that I'm about to start working on. And a Mr. Freeze that I'll build afterwards.
View attachment 452537View attachment 452538View attachment 452539View attachment 452569

Thanks, I prefer redesigns because I can be my favorite characters with my own little flair. All your designs are awesome, and I'm a sucker for battle damage, so I am really looking forward to seeing the Dark Knight Returns armor!

I recently completed the first version of my steampunk Admiral Aquaman redesign. Here are a couple of pics of the finished product:

View attachment 452666View attachment 452667View attachment 452668

Awesome uniform and very unique. I never thought about a steampunk Aquaman before.

I have a Reverse Flash design I've been working on. Here's a link to that thread if you wanna read it. http://www.therpf.com/f77/reverse-flash-mwoo-haha-232801/
View attachment 452742

I really can't wait to see your suit! The design is awesome, and I get really stoked for villain builds because not as many people do them. Your thread was cool too by the way.

I sincerely apologize for requesting this thread and then taking so long to post, but better late than never.

Me and a good friend are currently working on a project (him being a good director, me being a decent writer and both of us being huge comic book nerds), I was in charge of production design, and even though we're still in pre-production, I couldn't help but start designing costumes for my favorite heroes and villains.

Keep in mind these are just concepts and can change drastically.

IMG_0458.JPG
I really loved the idea of Supermans mom making his suit rather than him finding it. It really adds depth to the character, knowing he''s just a big ol' mama's boy

IMG_0457.JPG
As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of the classic costumes. I want to keep the heroes identifiable. These are characters that don't need to introduce themselves when they walk into the room. But that definitely doesn't mean that I want to take away the functionality and practicality of their costumes. So I made her costume more of a breast-plate on top of a corset.

IMG_0455.JPG
Darkseid has a lot of Mayan influence, which will be explained.

IMG_0456.JPG
Same with the Parademons, looking more like egyptian scarabs, which will also be explained.

I have lots more, but those are just the ones I had on hand.I'll post more as I find them. I know for a fact, I have the bat-family, the superman family, and most of the justice league, and of course the legion of doom.

Last edited:
I sincerely apologize for requesting this thread and then taking so long to post, but better late than never.

Me and a good friend are currently working on a project (him being a good director, me being a decent writer and both of us being huge comic book nerds), I was in charge of production design, and even though we're still in pre-production, I couldn't help but start designing costumes for my favorite heroes and villains.

View attachment 453140
I really loved the idea of Supermans mom making his suit rather than him finding it. It really adds depth to the character, knowing he''s just a big ol' mama's boy

View attachment 453139
As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of the classic costumes. I want to keep the heroes identifiable. These are characters that don't need to introduce themselves when they walk into the room. But that definitely doesn't mean that I want to take away the functionality and practicality of their costumes. So I made her costume more of a breast-plate on top of a corset.

View attachment 453137

View attachment 453138
Same with the Parademons, looking more like egyptian scarabs, which will also be explained.

I have lots more, but those are just the ones I had on hand.I'll post more as I find them. I know for a fact, I have the bat-family, the superman family, and most of the justice league, and of course the legion of doom.

AWESOME! Especially Darksied, I never liked the Super-Undies on Superman or Batman even as a kid lol but if you can make it work then by all means props to you (get it? props? HA)

View attachment 453140

View attachment 453139

View attachment 453137

View attachment 453138

No need for apologies, I'm just glad you posted your designs. They are really awesome by the way, and it's funny that you mentioned the director and writer thing because that is something I do too. I have always intended to use some of my cosplay projects for fan films and such, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I really like the mayan vibe from Darkseid, it really suits him. I can't wait to see more!

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 5.08.24 PM.png

Started thinking of doing an Arsenal cosplay to be worn next to my Red Hood. Now i have to find myself a friend willing to dress as Arsenal at AX...

I posted this in my Reverse Flash thread but only got one answer so... uploadfromtaptalk1427415558912.jpg
Which side looks better? Two bolts or three? Or left or right, however you wanna look at it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back