Green Lantern & Green Arrow Custom

Re: Green Lantern my own spin

This is awesome ! Good to see something different out there. (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

Thanks man! that is exactly what I'm all about I like to do things you don't see every day

If I'm at a con I wanna be the only one of me not 1 of the 50 iron man/batman/spiderman's even though they all rock! I have to admit the temptation to give in to an Iron Man armour or Spidey costume is burning me alive I may have to just concede defeat and do one but generally I like the unique stuff!

Will be updating this a tad when I'm on my days off working shift patterns means I tend to be a bit sporadic with my works on costumes!

Been a bit side tracked from this as I've been working on a few other projects and getting over food poisoning (my own fault ate some questionable chicken) but I shall be getting back to finishing this one off soon in the meantime thought I'd share a few other photos of the individual pieces,

My original concepts for the suit

e9ysd1.jpg

I ended up deviating from the original concept purely because it looked a bit too gladiator and medieval and while I wasn't opposed to a "medieval" lantern look that wasn't the intention with the suit and I felt this just sent the wrong image.

Body armour prior to painting

x41zsx.jpg

Before assembly

25kq2cw.jpg

1gofev.jpg

Finished plates

21l99pj.jpg

2nl5pj7.jpg

2uj2ek8.jpg

343ptfs.jpg

b8jtpf.jpg

344z4g0.jpg

Shoulder armour in the pictures I took was a bit too rigid so it doesn't show up as much as it should in the above pictures I've had the leather under some heavy books to put the natural curve in it so they fit a lot better now plan is still to go with a Kyle Rainer style mask and thats next up..

Last edited:

Ring is nothing special just a standard movie replica...

23gzosg.jpg

15z49lk.jpg

b5gvih.jpg

However if I can figure out how to get into the circuitry I want to try rig a pressure switch so the light comes on when I make a fist or something to that effect rather then being stuck with a "permanentely on or off" option.

looks great dude, look forward to hopefully seeing this at a con this year....
how much did the armour set you back?

looks great dude, look forward to hopefully seeing this at a con this year....
how much did the armour set you back?

I've lost count to be honest but the base leather was probably a couple hundred, By the time all the rivets/buckles I'd rather not think about it!

If your hitting any of the London cons this year I'll definitely be around.

Yeah its not nice to think about the costs sometimes lol my Cpt America ran up about £700 then my Cpt Britain about £250..... I did meet you at EMS wen u wore your Subzero costume, I was wearing my Raphael turtle suit as part of the TMNT group lol
i will hopefully be at Expo in May if I have my Mr Freeze finished by then if not defo LFCC

Yeah its not nice to think about the costs sometimes lol my Cpt America ran up about £700 then my Cpt Britain about £250..... I did meet you at EMS wen u wore your Subzero costume, I was wearing my Raphael turtle suit as part of the TMNT group lol
i will hopefully be at Expo in May if I have my Mr Freeze finished by then if not defo LFCC

Yeah Sub-zero/Scorpion were very cheap I only spent about £300 on both the contact lenses were probably the most expensive individual piece because I couldn't make em and my buddy actually needed prescription ones (OUCH).

Iron Man/Spawn/Green Lantern atm I don't even wanna do the math lol still working on em so they're still costing!

Oh hey that was you? haha, Small world! You wanted to fight me and Scorpion ;) but Raph was always my fav I couldn't do it! If it was Donny it'd been on like donkey kong!

259badc.jpg

I'll keep my eyes open for Freeze if I'm not as Lantern I'll be as Spawn probably so I should stand out fairly obviously i'll put the spawn pictures up when its finished... LSCC in feb will probably be my first con this year followed by Expo.

how are you doin your Spawn costume? I love the look of Spawn so can't wait to see it :) when you think you will have it completed?

yep that was indeed me lol.... I saw Scorpion and Subzero coming over and thought 'I gotta offer them out here' lol I'm a big MK fan myself, and own the screen worn Sub Zero costume from MK2 movie, it's missing the undersuit and shin guards but other than that it's awesome :) .... That was the first con for our TMNT suits, I have since padded out the front shell to make it look more solid and padded out the nose coz it dented in lol....

how are you doin your Spawn costume? I love the look of Spawn so can't wait to see it :) when you think you will have it completed?

yep that was indeed me lol.... I saw Scorpion and Subzero coming over and thought 'I gotta offer them out here' lol I'm a big MK fan myself, and own the screen worn Sub Zero costume from MK2 movie, it's missing the undersuit and shin guards but other than that it's awesome :) .... That was the first con for our TMNT suits, I have since padded out the front shell to make it look more solid and padded out the nose coz it dented in lol....

Haha I loved it all the same! Was all the better you had an April O'Neil !!

Spawn suit is a latex sculpt sorta movie/comic hybrid its mostly finished just the cape needs work I'll PM you some pics don't wanna put it up yet!

haha yeah that was totally my fiancee's idea, she saw the turtle suits coming together and then a few wks before the con she said she would like to have a go with cosplay and maybe join us as April... I asked the other guys what they thought and they loved the idea, so we set about sorting her costume and I'm really glad she did it coz it really set the group off nicely :)

Those Spawn pics are awesome man!!!!

So as you have this totally epic Green Lantern costume, what is your buddy (Scorpion) gonna be wearing?

haha yeah that was totally my fiancee's idea, she saw the turtle suits coming together and then a few wks before the con she said she would like to have a go with cosplay and maybe join us as April... I asked the other guys what they thought and they loved the idea, so we set about sorting her costume and I'm really glad she did it coz it really set the group off nicely :)

Those Spawn pics are awesome man!!!!

So as you have this totally epic Green Lantern costume, what is your buddy (Scorpion) gonna be wearing?

He's working on his own Green Arrow costume (not based off the TV series) I think its more of a "custom/new 52" spin on it to pair with my lantern the greenie duo lol

I've got an Iron man suit finished for him to wear later in the year hopefully I'll be donning a War machine if I can get my arse in gear....

As for Spawn no duo for that one I'm breaking out solo for that one much as I love us having a pairs thing lol

oh nice!!! that would be a sweet duo!!!
you will have to join the big DC shoots that will be happening at the upcoming cons coz I have never seen anything like your GL costume......

Glad to hear that because that's the idea! I like doing stuff that you don't see too often or is a bit unique! Would like to do a justice league or something haha

Well there will be a new Man of Steel Superman at some of the cons this year (I forget his name) and obviously Kirk is always about as Batman, I seen a Flash or two and a few Wonder Women (Also I know a few girls doing a WW group but that is 2014) who else is there .... Aqua Man? if so I seen one of him at Expo in Oct.... so I am sure you could rally together a Justice League shot on the day dude, and it would look great!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back