Green Lantern & Green Arrow Custom

Re: Green Lantern my own spin

Small update on this one finally...

Mask is finished, and I have contacts ready to go in but didn't put em in for this little sneak preview as I will be wearing em/painting my eyes for the real show, still need to re-paint the boot strapping and I will be dying my mohawk green too...

So without further blah blah here's the mask

20pyhhc.jpg

2lkfhwx.jpg

2anadk.jpg

little preview of the all together minus the above additions...

14mdv9w.jpg

2vnox37.jpg

315zqfl.jpg

20jsmt0.jpg

35kv2w7.jpg

IGNORE MY TATTOO THIS IS NOT SOME ASSASSIN'S CREED/GREEN LANTERN MASH UP!!!

akxs8z.jpg

30xkks9.jpg

2hd44qw.jpg

That's all until I actually wear this with the final touches to MCM Expo in May! comments welcome!

Cheers :D

Re: Armoured Green Lantern... New Pics ***IMAGE HEAVY***

Looks amazing man! Where did you get the armor and what kind of paint did you use?

The design is AWESOME. But, the color of your mask doesn't match so good, at least in pics. Can you "yellow-up" the armor or "blue-down" the mask just a little?

Okay, total noob question but I imagine you're using spirit glue to hold the mask on, right? If so, how do you feel about, works well? If not could you fill me in on what you're using. Have cut and shaped a Marvel girl mask for my GF and she would rather not have the elastic band. She is wanting the same effect you have going. Any advice would be grrreatly appreciated. And yeh have to say, great job on the GL armor!

Looks amazing!

I really dig the costume. Only alteration I would make is some sort of belt holder/hoop so the ends of the straps don't poke out as much.

Badass coloring effect on the green overlay as well!

Chris

Good job! i really like what you've done. I just wish the mask had the same texture as the leather.

The design is AWESOME. But, the color of your mask doesn't match so good, at least in pics. Can you "yellow-up" the armor or "blue-down" the mask just a little?

Due to the metallic flecks on the armour's green the colours tend to vary wildly in pictures but yeah after the paint dried on the mask the colours didn't match up perfectly since the mask is latex and the armour is leather it dried out completely different I was hoping the colour difference would be subtle enough not to notice but I may have to repaint it....

Kind of regretting the metallic flecks on the armour now as its tricky to get that effect on the mask and not end up looking too jazzy!!

Okay, total noob question but I imagine you're using spirit glue to hold the mask on, right? If so, how do you feel about, works well? If not could you fill me in on what you're using. Have cut and shaped a Marvel girl mask for my GF and she would rather not have the elastic band. She is wanting the same effect you have going. Any advice would be grrreatly appreciated. And yeh have to say, great job on the GL armor!

Yeah spirit glue it is, it works perfectly holds strong no sign of it moving or slipping at all and easy enough to remove with glue remover definitely preferable to wearing an elastic strap! its a little bit nerve racking when you first ever use it because you worry about getting it off again but its really not hard just gotta be careful you don't glue to hairs like eye brows or you'll know about it when you take it off!!!

Looks amazing!

I really dig the costume. Only alteration I would make is some sort of belt holder/hoop so the ends of the straps don't poke out as much.

Badass coloring effect on the green overlay as well!

Chris

Good point... at the moment I'm tucking em under the armour bits but if I can make a loop or slots to hide them better might be worth looking at.

Good job! i really like what you've done. I just wish the mask had the same texture as the leather.

Aye :( but my concern was that it might end up looking a bit odd if it was textured

this is spectacular

Thank you!

Want. .......

If only you were this side of the pond we'd have to get another suit made up and start our own Lantern core!!

Re: Green Lantern & Green Arrow... New Pics ***IMAGE HEAVY***

Thought I'd chuck in a quick picture of just the mask....

2eo8izm.jpg

So as mentioned in the 1st post, Myself and a buddy always try to duo our characters for conventions and as his Green Arrow is basically finished now I thought I'd share some of these pictures with you all! I shall be uploading a few of us together tonight once we meet up and do a test fitting...

Latex mask for the domino nothing spectacular for it really but there wasn't a huge amount of liberty I could take with it and certainly didn't want to go the Arrow series route of black makeup!

Gauntlets are latex actually kinda based off some of the pre 52 arrow gauntlets and a bit of batman thrown in... and the belt is a basic patrol belt I'd intended to come up with something better but it was done on a bit of a budget as my buddy didn't have as much disposal income as I did for this!

1ihgs6.jpg

Tunic/Jerkin heavy fabric and leather buckles (mostly for show it actually does up more like a corset to keep a good body shape)

2qalroy.jpg

Green Suede gloves to go under the gauntlets not sure where he found these but they fit quite nicely...

akzeid.jpg

Test fitting of the jerkin/tunic (The beard is prosthetic not his actual facial hair I begged him to grow it but he wouldn't budge!)

2ufsmfl.jpg

o7lh5x.jpg

n48fnd.jpg

Unfortunately the costume is split between his house and mine at the moment as we've both been putting this together for him but as I said we'll be hooking up tonight to do a quick "test fitting" of the suits together so watch this space and I'll be sticking some more up later!

Re: Green Lantern & Green Arrow... New Pics PG3 ***IMAGE HEAVY***

Test fitting... Ignore the dodgy Jeans/Boots for the Arrow costume at the moment he forgot to bring them they aren't whats actually going to be used... He managed to forget his quiver too which is always handy!!

Also he is planning to dye his hair blonde for the convention.... so won't look as odd..

egxyrp.jpg

2lj72nt.jpg

357n12s.jpg

zx7bkl.jpg

2en71pw.jpg

14jtg2g.jpg

2vu0upz.jpg

m4qpf.jpg

The contact lenses in.. Ignore the photo bombing arrow...

24liza0.jpg

20k915t.jpg

afk9w0.jpg

The Duo together,

2rh0nrn.jpg

1426ejs.jpg

2cnz3w7.jpg

ji2uk4.jpg

Hopefully have much better not crappy phone cam photos from the expo in May...

Awesome man! What cons you doing this year as the green team? I've got a Nightwing costume in the works and cannot seem to find any DC cosplayers here!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back