Star Wars Resistance new animated series...

Day after so now I’m going to talk some spoilers.

I like the direction they are going with Tam. That should offer an interesting perspective for the show.

I like that they killed off Major Elrik Vonreg. Star Wars has always given us interesting villians to kill off. It’s great because you tend to not see it coming.

Im interested to see how they approach the next season. Assuming they start around October, and assuming it picks up close to where season 1 left off. They will probably have to stay somewhat disconnected from too much of what is happening in the resistance. Maybe find out about the destruction of Starkiller base and maybe the resistance on the run. The next movie is supposed to take place a couple of years later so I would think the show wants to avoid giving away too much of what happened between eps VII and IX until the movie is released.

I’m hoping with the station mobile, it will make the show more interesting the way Rebels seemed to pick up when they started operating away from Lothal.

Season 2 poster

sw_resistance_s2.jpg

I really appreciate that this poster is fine art - we need more of those. I'm tired of the Photoshopped messes we've been getting for so long.

Star Wars Resistance Season One Coming to DVD on August 20
Get full details on bonus features and more as Team Fireball comes to our galaxy.
star-wars-resistance-complete-season-one-tall.jpg

// JULY 23, 2019

Get ready to join the Resistance. (And look out for gorgs.)

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that Star Wars Resistance: Complete Season One will arrive August 20 on DVD, featuring all 21 action-packed episodes and essential bonus features. Check out the official box art below!

star-wars-resistance-complete-season-one.jpg

Set prior to the events of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the first season of Star Wars Resistance follows Kazuda (“Kaz”) Xiono, a young pilot recruited by Resistance hero Poe Dameron for a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. Stationed aboard an aircraft refueling station, Kaz quickly finds himself in over his head as he struggles to keep his cover as a mechanic while gaining the trust of his newfound friends; together, they must survive run-ins with ace pilots, marauding pirates, and creatures of all shapes and sizes, while the First Order enacts its plot. Fast, fun, and told in a vibrant anime-inspired style, the first season of Star Wars Resistance is perfect for Star Wars fans of all ages, and brings a new perspective to the battle between the Resistance and First Order.

The series, an Emmy nominee for Outstanding Children’s Program, is created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) with Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) serving as executive producers, and Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) as art director.

See below for a list of bonus features, including four audio commentaries, 12 bonus shorts, and an exclusive sneak-peek at the making of the series with cast and crew, as well as disc specifications.

Bonus Features:

• Path of Resistance – Join supervising director Justin Ridge and the cast of Star Wars Resistance for a special look at the past, present, and future of the show.
  • Cast Audio Commentaries – With Christopher Sean (voice of Kazuda Xiono), Myrna Velasco (voice of Torra Doza), Scott Lawrence (voice of Jarek Yeager), and Josh Brener (voice of Neeku Vozo)
    • “The Higher Tower”
    • “The Platform Classic”
    • “Bibo”
    • “No Escape: Part 2”
  • Bonus Shorts
    • “The Search for Kaz”
    • “Dart and Cover”
    • “Neeku’s Reward”
    • “Bucket’s Quest”
    • “When Thieves Drop By”
    • “Treasure Chest”
    • “G-LN”
    • “Unmotivated”
    • “The Need for Speed”
    • “The Rematch”
    • “Sixty Seconds to Destruction”
    • “Buggle’s Day Out”
  • Resistance Rewind
    • Resistance Rewind 1.1 – “Meet Kaz” – Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono may be a fish-out-of-water spy, but flying is another story.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.2 – “Being Torra” – The nicest of the Aces is also very hard to beat.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.3 – “Aliens of the Colossus” – Meet Neeku and Orka, just two of the delightfully strange new characters on the Colossus platform.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.4 – “Yeager’s Story” – While Kaz is busy spying, Yeager is the father figure trying to keep him and the rest of Team Fireball in line and out of trouble.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.5 – “Into the Aces Lounge” – Learn how the Aces view themselves — and the challenges they face as protectors of the Colossus.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.6 – “Whispers of the First Order” – Discover how animators translated the threat of the First Order into new space battles and unique never-before-seen soldiers.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.7 – “All About Poe” – Oscar Isaac reprises his role as Poe Dameron and the creative teams talks about translating the character into animation
    • Resistance Rewind 1.8 – “Pirates, Thugs, and Thieves” – The motley crew running with Kragan Gorr is looking for power just like the rising menace of the First Order, so it’s only natural for the two join forces.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.9 – “Stylish Starships” – Dive into the history of Star Wars starfighters and galactic racing culture.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.10 – “Doza’s Deal” – Learn all about Captain Doza, Imperial defector and doting father to Torra Doza.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.11 – “The State of the Resistance” – As Leia and the Resistance rise up to gather information and intel on the First Order, the show’s creators dive into the importance of the characters and the era in the galactic timeline.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.12 – “Getting to Know Neeku” – Meet Neeku, Team Fireball‘s Nikto mechanic, and Josh Brener, the actor who gives the character his infectiously optimistic personality.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.14 – “Bringing in BB-8” – Animators went back to the drawing board, using original BB-8 concept art to inspire the look of the astromech droid in the new show.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.15 – “Tower Defense” – Captain Doza observes the Colossus platform from the comfort of his pristine tower, which artists designed to contrast with the rest of the base.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.16 – “First Order Occupation” – The First Order has a polarizing effect on the denizens of the Colossus.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.17 – “Secret Agent” – How could anybody this goofy, this klutzy, this … loud, be a spy?
    • Resistance Rewind 1.18 – “The First Order’s Plan” – There’s a lot of fear and worry about the First Order’s intentions in the galaxy.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.19 – “A Beautiful Friendship” – For Kaz and Torra, an amicable rivalry has turned into a solid friendship.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.20 – “Troubling Times for Tam” – Tam learns that her friends on Team Fireball are not who she thought they were.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.21 – “General Hux Takes the Stage” – A familiar moment from The Force Awakens is recreated to devastating effect.
    • Resistance Rewind 1.22 – “The Colossus Sets a Course” – An unexpected turn of events puts Team Fireball, the Aces, and the rest of the Colossus on a new path.
Disc Specifications:

RATING:
TV-Y7-FV, Bonus Material Not Rated
ASPECT RATIO: 1.78:1
AUDIO: English 5.1 Dolby, French 2.0 Dolby, Spanish 2.0 Dolby
SUBTITLES: English SDH, Spanish, French
CLOSED CAPTIONS: English

For more on Star Wars Resistance, check out StarWars.com’s episode guides, discover the best moments of Season One, and learn how to make gorg cupcakes!

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

Site tags: #StarWarsBlog

TAGS: Star Wars Resistance (2018)

Makes sense. All the new Marvel and Star Wars stuff is going to be on Disney+. At least they're not de-canonizing it the way Marvel is with AoS and the Netflix series.:mad:

I like the show, just don’t love it. Has its charm but has not grabbed me the way CW and Rebels did. I hope the end of this series means to beginning of a new show. Preferably one that picks up with the Ashoka, Sabine, and Ezra story teased at the end of Rebels.

Just seen season 2 trailer, much better looking than the first season.
It picked up towards the end but a lot of the episodes were exactly the same. Now we are out in the galaxy it should feel each ep is different, looks really good to me :)

AA403147-5F80-4473-AD8A-92FD6E2214C1.jpeg

Target is clearancing out their Hasbro Star Wars selection to get ready For Triple Force Friday. Picked up one of each of the single pack figures they had. Waiting to see if the price drops more on the remaining 2-pack figures. I figure I might find more later this year at Ross.

From....

Titles and Descriptions for ‘Star Wars Resistance’ Episodes 201-204

The Disney Channel recently released a programming highlights schedule for October 2019. It contains titles and descriptions for the first 4 episodes of season two of Star Wars Resistance.

Here is a list of the episodes that will air in October:

Episode 201: “Into the Unknown”
Air date: October 6, 2019

After being launched into space by Kaz and crew, the Colossus encounters engineering problems, which are made worse by a mysterious stowaway. Jim Rash (Community) and Bobby Moynihan (Saturday Night Live) return as Flix and Orka, respectively.

Episode 202: “A Quick Salvage Run”
Air date: October 13, 2019

The Colossus is in dire need of hyperfuel, and Kaz suggests they take it from a downed First Order ship. The salvage mission is compromised when the First Order shows up. Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) and Donald Faison (Scrubs) return as Jace Rucklin and Hype Fazon, respectively.

Episode 203: “Live Fire”
Air date: October 20, 2019

Kaz officially joins the Aces, as does Yeager—who trains them to become better combat pilots. Meanwhile, Tam learns what it’s like to be a First Order pilot. Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) and Donald Faison (Scrubs) return as Jace Rucklin and Hype Fazon, respectively.

Episode 204: “Hunt on Celsor 3”
Air date: October 27, 2019

The pirates volunteer to find food for the Colossus, but Kaz doesn’t trust them. He and Torra go on the hunt but run into big problems.

Speaking of Disney and inclusion, the executive producers of the animated Disney series “Star Wars: Resistance” have confirmed the “Star Wars” franchise has finally scored its first bit of in-canon LGBT representation.

Specifically they’ve confirmed that Orka and Flix, the partners who own the Office of Acquisitions on the Colossus, are “absolutely a gay couple and we’re proud of that” says EP Brandon Auman on the Coffee with Kenobi podcast. SNL alum Bobby Moynihan and “Community” scene-stealer Jim Rash voice the pair.

“Star Wars: Resistance” returns for its second and final season on October 6th.

The premier was a bit of a yawner, but the teaser they showed for the rest of the season looks like things start ramping up action wise

November episodes.

Episode 205: “The Engineer”
Air date: November 3, 2019
Kaz and Neeku discover Nena, a Nikto engineer in need of assistance, who barely escaped a First Order attack.

Episode 206: “From Beneath”
Air date: November 10, 2019
Flix takes Kaz and crew to his homeworld to acquire fuel from his family’s refinery, only to discover the family’s drilling has awoken something monstrous. Jim Rash (Community) and Bobby Moynihan (Saturday Night Live) return as Flix and Orka, respectively.

Episode 207: “The Relic Raiders”
Air date: November 17, 2019
When Kaz and the team arrive on a mysterious planet to buy supplies, they find the outpost has been abandoned and a secret Sith Temple has been raised.

Episode 208: “Rendezvous Point”
Air date: November 24, 2019
Doza attempts to meet a Resistance pilot from his past. Meanwhile, the pilot has been captured by the First Order. Elijah Wood (The Lord of the Rings trilogy) and Donald Faison (Scrubs) return as Jace Rucklin and Hype Fazon, respectively.

The series finale aired tonight so I thought I would give my overall impression of the series.

First I will say that the second season was a lot better than the first. I think because it had more direct interaction with the First Order.

I think biggest problem I had with the series is that I didn’t find the subject matter very engaging. Rebels and Clone Wars were great stories that added to the existing movies. I often find myself recommending those shows as “must see” to other fans who have not seen them. I would not call Resistance a “must see”, more like, “if you got some spare time and looking for something new in Star Wars... give it a shot”.

Now I would also like to say that a show does not have to have an impact on existing stories to be good. I like the Mandalorian and I have no idea if it will stay an independent story or if it will impact stories we know. What I do know is that I find it engaging.

I look forward to the last season of Clone Wars. I hope whatever new animated series is in the future is more engaging than Resistance.

Last edited:
Did not know it was the series finale. it felt more like a season finale

While I watched it. I am getting tired of the whole land on a Star Destroyer/space station either purposely or by being captured etc.. then do something and escape from it

Can't they come up with something different for Star Wars characters to do.

How inept can you write the bad guys and keep them as a credible threat. I know it's a kids show mainly, but at least given them some kind of credibility. Maybe make it look a little harder at least.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back